Subject: "(AGE DEATH) [None] Garfuka BlackRage the Chieftain of t..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #133124
Show all folders

Death_AngelFri 19-Jan-18 12:56 AM
Member since 22nd Apr 2024
16801 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#133124, "(AGE DEATH) [None] Garfuka BlackRage the Chieftain of the Grinning Skulls"

Thu Jan 18 23:54:46 2018

At 5 o'clock PM, Day of Deception, 9th of the Month of the Shadows
on the Theran calendar Garfuka perished, never to return.

Race:orc
Class:berserker
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:None, None
Hours:543

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Good Job, Zhana, 22-Jan-18 09:49 PM, #18
Reply Nooope, Kstatida, 23-Jan-18 10:02 AM, #19
     Reply Few things, Cointreau, 26-Jan-18 02:20 AM, #21
          Reply I get your point, Kstatida, 26-Jan-18 03:05 AM, #22
          Reply RE: I get your point, Cointreau, 26-Jan-18 03:16 AM, #23
          Reply Please read better, Kstatida, 26-Jan-18 09:06 AM, #25
          Reply I think you need reading lessons, Cointreau, 26-Jan-18 06:38 PM, #27
               Reply His comment here is valid, robdarken_, 31-Jan-18 12:03 PM, #31
                    Reply Andriy played Kubilak, not Krunk, Veteran Orc (Anonymous), 31-Jan-18 11:43 PM, #33
          Reply Krunk is not from 2007..., Tac, 26-Jan-18 10:22 AM, #26
          Reply RE: I get your point, Annoyed that I for some reason read another of you (Anonymous), 26-Jan-18 03:16 AM, #24
          Reply RE: Few things, Garfuka (Anonymous), 31-Jan-18 09:19 AM, #29
               Reply That’s a good point and something I dug about Ga..., TJHuron, 31-Jan-18 10:09 AM, #30
               Reply My point as well, Kstatida, 31-Jan-18 04:16 PM, #32
Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [None] Garfuka BlackRage the Chieftain ..., Garfuka (Anonymous), 19-Jan-18 10:36 PM, #6
Reply Garf scared me, Zah (Anonymous), 20-Jan-18 12:29 AM, #7
Reply RE: Garf scared me, Garfuka (Anonymous), 20-Jan-18 08:54 PM, #13
Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [None] Garfuka BlackRage the Chieftain ..., Unun (Anonymous), 20-Jan-18 10:30 AM, #8
Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [None] Garfuka BlackRage the Chieftain ..., Garfuka (Anonymous), 20-Jan-18 08:55 PM, #14
Reply Serris miss chief. nt, Serris (Anonymous), 20-Jan-18 11:40 AM, #9
Reply RE: Serris miss chief. nt, Garfuka (Anonymous), 20-Jan-18 08:50 PM, #11
Reply Contest, Saeorad (Anonymous), 20-Jan-18 03:37 PM, #10
Reply RE: Contest, Garfuka (Anonymous), 20-Jan-18 08:51 PM, #12
Reply Garfukin' Awesome!, Ysaloerye, 24-Jan-18 01:22 PM, #20
Reply Had a blast running around with you Garf, Nuke, 29-Jan-18 04:38 PM, #28
Reply We are currently hiring all positions in Empire!, Arbrarn (Anonymous), 19-Jan-18 02:41 PM, #5
Reply RE: We are currently hiring all positions in Empire!, Garfuka (Anonymous), 20-Jan-18 09:01 PM, #16
Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [None] Garfuka BlackRage the Chieftain ..., Ishuli, 19-Jan-18 02:12 PM, #4
Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [None] Garfuka BlackRage the Chieftain ..., Garfuka (Anonymous), 20-Jan-18 08:57 PM, #15
Reply one of best chars in modern cf, Dallevian, 19-Jan-18 11:22 AM, #3
Reply RE: one of best chars in modern cf, Garfuka (Anonymous), 20-Jan-18 09:04 PM, #17
Reply You tough SOB, Yanni Sunburst (Anonymous), 19-Jan-18 03:14 AM, #2
Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [None] Garfuka BlackRage the Chieftain ..., scr, 19-Jan-18 01:07 AM, #1

ZhanaMon 22-Jan-18 09:49 PM
Member since 02nd Jul 2017
15 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#133159, "Good Job"
In response to Reply #0

You inspired me to attempt a couple Orcs. I think I need to play more solid for a couple characters before I can hang. I doubt I'll ever rock like you did, good work. Few believe how overpowered Orcs are because few tapped it properly

KstatidaTue 23-Jan-18 10:02 AM
Member since 12th Feb 2015
2214 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#133160, "Nooope"
In response to Reply #18

Both Krunk and Garfuka had two adaptations. Having two adaptations is pretty imbalanced, and I don't think Garfuka has reached Krunk's deadliness (perhaps due to berserk changes). So saying that Garfuka "tapped" orc potential is not quite true.

That's like playing a four legacy (with good legacies) warrior and saying that you've tapped a warrior potential.

That being said though, Garfuka was fun and good for the game.

CointreauFri 26-Jan-18 02:20 AM
Member since 20th Nov 2004
300 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#133181, "Few things"
In response to Reply #19

Garf got his second adaption at nearly 400 hours, so he was playing a long time without it.

In terms of PK wins he's in 6th place, one kill behind Gutulk but also playing 8 years later with a much smaller playerbase.

That basically puts him in the top 5 maybe top 3 deadliest Orcs given the limited targets he had avaliable.

With the exception of Krunk and Ruknubuk, Garf's PK ratio was also equal to the top 5 Orcs.

In summary, its more than fair to say that Garf is one of the deadliest and most competent Orcs in CF's history and he absolutely "tapped" Orc potential.

P.S. I would also argue earning a second adaption is a reward for RP and dedication (long hours) and is also part of "tapping" an Orcs potential.

KstatidaFri 26-Jan-18 03:05 AM
2214 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#133182, "I get your point"
In response to Reply #21

But tapping class potential involves only vanilla stuff. If you get 3+ legacies, second adapt, legacy on an assassin or questy form/spell/whatever - that makes for a more powerful character, but it's nowhere near tapping class potential, that's creating another class. Like you can't say that Oshui tapped a shapeshifter potential, because he effectively wasn't a shapeshifter.

Orc is one adaptation, orc with two adaptations is effectively not an orc but something else.

Garfuka, having 2 adaptations, went for #6. That's below satisfactory. So PK-wise, Garfuka was below expectations. That doesn't mean that he wasn't a great character - he was. And like I said, he was awesome for the game. But he is not to be taken as a benchmark for orc PK performance.

CointreauFri 26-Jan-18 03:16 AM
300 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#133183, "RE: I get your point"
In response to Reply #22

He literally got his 2nd adaptation almost 3/4 into his life. After he landed the majority of his kills.

The only Orcs who got more kills than him were in 2007, 2009, 2010, 2013 and 2014 with substantially more players. The Orcs ranked 4th & 5th had less than five more kills.

In the last 3 years the closest Orcs with PK wins is Worthag at 73 (at 470 hours), Garf had nearly twice that.

I don't understand what your issue with Garf is, give respect where respect is due.

KstatidaFri 26-Jan-18 09:06 AM
2214 posts
#133186, "Please read better"
In response to Reply #23
Edited on Fri 26-Jan-18 09:06 AM

I don't have issues with Garf, he's great.

I have issues with anyone saying that he "tapped the orc potential", because that's just not true.

CointreauFri 26-Jan-18 06:38 PM
300 posts
#133191, "I think you need reading lessons"
In response to Reply #25

You said Garf did not tap Orc potential.

I provided evidence which said he was likely in the top 3 deadliest Orcs in CFs history, even BEFORE he got his 2nd adaption.

You just keep saying "it's not true" without providing any reason why.

robdarken_Wed 31-Jan-18 12:01 PM
Member since 09th Sep 2009
373 posts
#133235, "His comment here is valid"
In response to Reply #27
Edited on Wed 31-Jan-18 12:03 PM

Kamuela (at least I recall that they were both Kubilak and Krunk, but I may be mistaken) is pretty much the only guy who's "tapped orc potential", if that is going to mean anything, though Quas did a good one at some point.

Orcs in general have never been very deathly, are played by few people and an even smaller fraction who do them well.

And in that respect: not even close.

Veteran Orc (Anonymous)Wed 31-Jan-18 11:41 PM
Charter member
#133245, "Andriy played Kubilak, not Krunk"
In response to Reply #31
Edited on Wed 31-Jan-18 11:43 PM

Kubilak is still the best orc ever, and andriy one of the most skilled players (RP and PK) ever to play this game.

TacFri 26-Jan-18 10:22 AM
Member since 15th Nov 2005
2050 posts
#133189, "Krunk is not from 2007..."
In response to Reply #23

Mon 26-Nov-12 is the date on the PBF. The 2007 date is reflective of an apparently re-used name...

That's still 5+ years ago, but it isn't 10+.

Annoyed that I for some reason read another of you (Anonymous)Fri 26-Jan-18 03:16 AM
Charter member
#133184, "RE: I get your point"
In response to Reply #22

Garfuka (Anonymous)Wed 31-Jan-18 09:19 AM
Charter member
#133233, "RE: Few things"
In response to Reply #21

Most of the orcs that were more deadly, picked on battle or level sat early. If I wanted to be "more deadly", I could of done such, but that isn't as fun.
Thanks for the comments.

For an orc, Battle kills are really easy, and if I wanted to rack up PKs, I could have just declared war with them, and took the head constantly, since Battle generally at least tries to get their item back without needing a horde of people unlike most Fort, empire or outlanders, I could have easily got more kills that way.

For example, See Krunks 183 or Oloice's 62 Battle kills against my 11.

My goal for Garfuka was not to be the most deadly, but to PK / RP without being a jerk to others and reducing their fun factor. I took fights against bad odds or in bad places (summon traps, quicksand, at watcher/spirit) since I like the fighting and interacting with others.

He responded on how I think an orc should, if you make him mad, then he would attack you. If you tried to befriend him, and were competent and willing to fight, then he worked with you.

TJHuronWed 31-Jan-18 10:09 AM
Member since 28th Nov 2007
1132 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#133234, "That’s a good point and something I dug about Ga..."
In response to Reply #29

Having to constantly fight Garf as Oxias and attack the GSV would have really hampered my doing the stuff I really wanted to accomplish with him (MPKs!)

KstatidaWed 31-Jan-18 04:16 PM
2214 posts
#133238, "My point as well"
In response to Reply #29

As I've stated a couple of times already, I absolutely loved your character.

Garfuka (Anonymous)Fri 19-Jan-18 10:36 PM
Charter member
#133132, "RE: (AGE DEATH) [None] Garfuka BlackRage the Chieftain ..."
In response to Reply #0

This was a heck of a ride. This was probably one of my most enjoyable characters. This will probably be my last character for quite awhile, so good luck to all, and now the Chief spot is back open. In general, I tried to play the game as how I would want people to interact with me, so I hope I increased people's enjoyment.

Thanks for the gechoes whoever was responsible for that.

There were many people that Garfuka interacted with. Garfuka loved fighting all people, and for the most part, I didn't loot much as I wanted to actually fight and engage others. Generally if you asked for the weapon I grappled back, Garfuka was more than willing to give it back. I tried to act how I would view an orc when attacked. In that light, I would attack those that had wronged Garfuka. I.e. If you gave Garf a flag that he felt he did not deserve, then you would get his rage in response. If you were a battlerager and attacked Garf and his groupmates while he raided fort, then Garf would go take the head. If you hunted Garf as an imperial, then Garf would go take the codex. Otherwise, Garf focused on killing those who tried to kill him nonstop, Fort and the Tree.

For those that do not like to prep, I would recommend playing an orc, as I hated prepping and rarely used shield, stoneskin and aura potions. Granted it would have probably served me better if i did.

Imms: Thank you for handling my one blow up about what I thought was an illegal flag. Hopefully you could see that was me just having a fit, before calming down and handling like an orc would.

Also, thank you for the second adaptation in my old age. At first, I didn't even realize it for awhile until I was drinking an elf skin and learned a skill that I didn't have.

Rotwang: Thanks for the tattoo. It is a shame that our times did not line up well, as I enjoyed having you around.

Ish and The Bard who ran the short story contests.

I really liked these, and actually had another entry for one of them, but could never seem to log in for the second one. I tried to act orc-like and blame others for Garf's loss, but as a player it didn't bother me that Garf's Blue song did not win.

Fort:

Nateshal - Man you kicked my butt all the time. Dagger specs were nearly impossible for Garf to handle. I was happy we were at least able to gank you one time.

Thaedan - You were excellent at finding me with my pants down. I enjoyed our interactions.

Yanni - Man I wish I could have gotten you, but you always seemed to escape me. You definitely change the ability of the fort with your presence as the tactics seem to be more sound. Most of the time if i could get you to word, I could finish some of the others.

Unun - Enjoyed our fights. After having so many fort quick to run, Garf dropped his guard down more than he should of around you, and you were good to take advantage.

Kruggy - You came around at the wrong time, as I had pretty much figured out how to beat down shamans well, and you took the brunt of it.

Tree

Ziv - Was hoping to fight you again, but alas it didn't happen. I liked the fact you were willing to throw down and didn't have to run to the spirit to fight.

Kliz - Damn you and your dirt. You were quite elusive and I never could quite nail you down.

Scarab

Unda - My favorite ally. The only problem when we joined forces, most of the prey would quickly disappear. You are truly a great presence for the mud.

Rhoy - We actually tussled and interacted more as Imperials rather than when you were a Scarab. I liked that you were willing to throw down both as foe and ally.

Tribunal

Garf had an off and on relationship with you. If you were seeing the law like Garf, then he had no reason to hunt you. However, when the set ruled against Garf, he had to hunt you down. Unfortunately most of you did not want to fight with Garf.

Battle:

Quam - Garf hated you when you came into the Fort twice to save the Fortress. I remember the first time that you guys ambushed us and Zah made the mistake of entwining Garf. Garf was going to excuse that until you showed up again, so then Garf took that as a sign of war and took the head.

Zah - I was glad that you decided to make peace with Garf as Garf killing the villagers in the Skulls village was too easy.

Empire

Glik - Garf hated you, but you were the only one that actively hunted Garf and would fight Garf, so Garf refrained for the most part from taking the Codex. However, like most dagger warriors, you were a problem for Garf. However, for the most part, you didn't fight without the number behind you.

Arbrarn - Was good to see the empire trying to reach back out to Garf and synergize until beating down the fort hordes.

Glaun - You were a beast, but one not afraid to fight and defend which was fun.

Skulls

Playing an orc sucks at times, but I would suggest powering through to the higher levels, as hero levels seem to be the most enjoyable for an orc. I saw many orcs tend to flame out early, and only had one challenge for the throne in my lifetime. Even after winning the challenge, I didn't squelch the loser as I didn't want to spoil other's enjoyment.

I know there are a lot of others that I missed, but i will monitor this thread for a bit.

Zah (Anonymous)Sat 20-Jan-18 12:29 AM
Charter member
#133134, "Garf scared me"
In response to Reply #6

I don't think we ever fought 1v1 but I always assumed I'd get my arse handed to me. You came across as a very skilled player and as you saw at the Fortress I'm obviously not (that was a painful lesson).

On top of your ability, Orcs also appear pretty well equipped to handle Villagers. You were definitely not one I wanted as an enemy as I knew it would cause the us a lot of pain in the long run.

I did enjoy when you were around though, it made for some dynamic PK opportunities. We weren't exactly allies but we certainly shared some enemies.

Good luck with your next.

Garfuka (Anonymous)Sat 20-Jan-18 08:54 PM
Charter member
#133142, "RE: Garf scared me"
In response to Reply #7

Yeah, Orcs are pretty well equipped to handle most villagers pretty easy and make it rough on them to retrieve. Part of the reason, I was hoping that either you or the drillmaster would concede to not interfering with Garfuka hunting. I had erroneously assumed after that first time, that you guys wouldn't bother coming to aid the fortress again.

Unun (Anonymous)Sat 20-Jan-18 10:30 AM
Charter member
#133136, "RE: (AGE DEATH) [None] Garfuka BlackRage the Chieftain ..."
In response to Reply #6

Orc with 2 adaptations! that must be quite enjoyable, no wonder you were next to impossible to take down, even with a gang. It takes a special combo to take you down indeed. You have inspired me to try an orc at one time or another, the no lag when you're hurt ability is quite interesting. Hope I can see your PBF soon. GLWYN.

Garfuka (Anonymous)Sat 20-Jan-18 08:55 PM
Charter member
#133143, "RE: (AGE DEATH) [None] Garfuka BlackRage the Chieftain ..."
In response to Reply #8

It was enjoyable, but for most of Garfuka's life, he didn't have issues with assassins that wanted to fight instead of just try assassinations. You really should try an orc, I think it would fit your play / fighting style.

Serris (Anonymous)Sat 20-Jan-18 11:40 AM
Charter member
#133137, "Serris miss chief. nt"
In response to Reply #6

nt

Garfuka (Anonymous)Sat 20-Jan-18 08:50 PM
Charter member
#133140, "RE: Serris miss chief. nt"
In response to Reply #9

Garf missed you too. Was nice how you would talk to garf in his own language. It was enjoyable that you were willing to help out Garf and the great signs. Keep up the good work.

Saeorad (Anonymous)Sat 20-Jan-18 03:37 PM
Charter member
#133139, "Contest"
In response to Reply #6

I personally loved you blues song and Garfuka in general. I was really sad I didn't get you in a contest again! Good luck with your future ventures whatever they be.

Garfuka (Anonymous)Sat 20-Jan-18 08:51 PM
Charter member
#133141, "RE: Contest"
In response to Reply #10

Yeah, I think I had another poem ready, but never got a chance to say it due to my times not lining up. Was going to use a proxy for the last one, but it up and deleted. Oh well, thanks for the idea of doing it.

YsaloeryeWed 24-Jan-18 01:22 PM
Member since 09th Apr 2006
315 posts
#133171, "Garfukin' Awesome!"
In response to Reply #6

Loved how you rolled, got to see lots of Garf in various places.
Great Chieftain, and overall char, folks like you make CF a fun place to be.

NukeMon 29-Jan-18 04:38 PM
Member since 20th Jul 2007
4 posts
#133201, "Had a blast running around with you Garf"
In response to Reply #6

It had been years since I had played Cf and there was alot of new #### to see. Thanks for the fights and for the fun man. Also I'm kinda surprised my giant did so well against you.

Arbrarn (Anonymous)Fri 19-Jan-18 02:41 PM
Charter member
#133130, "We are currently hiring all positions in Empire!"
In response to Reply #0

...just sayin'.

We didn't get too spend much time together, but I'm grateful for the time we did. We seemed to PK at the same speed, so to speak, aligning on when to be aggressive and when to fall back. Seemed to work out for us more often then not.

I'll echo what everyone else is going to say. You were a well role-played powerhouse who truly played CF exactly as it should be.

Garfuka (Anonymous)Sat 20-Jan-18 09:01 PM
Charter member
#133145, "RE: We are currently hiring all positions in Empire!"
In response to Reply #5

I told the wife that I would quit after this character finally age died, so I don't think i will be back anytime soon.

It was nice to have an imperial shaman actually willing to work with Garf instead of against him. You were right about the pace and it was nice to have one that could also see all the hidden foes.

IshuliFri 19-Jan-18 02:12 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2017
2146 posts
#133129, "RE: (AGE DEATH) [None] Garfuka BlackRage the Chieftain ..."
In response to Reply #0

You were a monster in more ways than one, and I wish I had been more creative to plot interactions with you. Your reward was well-deserved for sticking it out so long, and I always knew there would be fights if you were on.

As a minor aside, I really liked your orc-response to the Tribunal and your horde, which you also mentioned in your role. It has been a while, but if I remember right, it was basically - "Okay, Magistrates, your decision sucks. Because of that, I'm going to go out of my way to murder you". Very properly orcy.

The Grinning Skulls will miss you!

-Ish

Garfuka (Anonymous)Sat 20-Jan-18 08:57 PM
Charter member
#133144, "RE: (AGE DEATH) [None] Garfuka BlackRage the Chieftain ..."
In response to Reply #4

Thanks for the kind words. I hope I provided some enterntainment for you. Thanks for also being apart of the short story telling contests. Hopefully the Skulls will continue to thrive.

DallevianFri 19-Jan-18 11:22 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
1618 posts
#133127, "one of best chars in modern cf"
In response to Reply #0

you killed, you died, you drank epic amounts of elf blood, and you always rocked and rolled with every up and down

way to be!!

Garfuka (Anonymous)Sat 20-Jan-18 09:04 PM
Charter member
#133146, "RE: one of best chars in modern cf"
In response to Reply #3

Thanks for the kind words.

I think I finally got the hang and right balance of playing orcs after my third age death chief.

Yanni Sunburst (Anonymous)Fri 19-Jan-18 03:14 AM
Charter member
#133126, "You tough SOB"
In response to Reply #0

What a fantastic enemy to have. Always willing to throw down. And one of the very few enemies that would consistently stand his ground against some pretty steep odds. Several of those times you came out with wins that you probably shouldn't have.

I also enjoyed our chats. You RP'd an orc extremely well. Sometimes orc players just come off as bash machines without much else to them, but I got a real sense of who you were from your RP.

Congrats on a long lived, and very well played character. I hope to see more of the same in the future. GLWYN.

scrFri 19-Jan-18 01:07 AM
Member since 07th Jan 2017
75 posts
#133125, "RE: (AGE DEATH) [None] Garfuka BlackRage the Chieftain ..."
In response to Reply #0

This seem to be epic PBF, waiting for it!

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #133124 Previous topic | Next topic