Subject: "(CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Hunsodin al'Arintalis the Doomed ..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #132534
Show all folders

Death_AngelSun 22-Oct-17 08:44 PM
Member since 25th Apr 2024
16808 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#132534, "(CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Hunsodin al'Arintalis the Doomed and Bereaved Shepherd, Marshall of the Fortress"

Sun Oct 22 20:42:26 2017

At 12 o'clock PM, Day of the Great Gods, 33rd of the Month of the Spring
on the Theran calendar Hunsodin perished, never to return.

Race:elf
Class:paladin
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:480

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Hunsodin al'Arintalis the Doo..., Sollin, 31-Oct-17 05:26 AM, #30
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Hunsodin al'Arintalis the Doo..., Hokrur (Anonymous), 29-Oct-17 03:58 PM, #29
Reply Goodbyes, Welverin, 24-Oct-17 07:06 PM, #10
Reply You and your monk paladins, Kanlax Eldraugh (Anonymous), 24-Oct-17 09:10 PM, #19
Reply RE: Goodbyes, Odoe (Anonymous), 24-Oct-17 10:42 PM, #20
Reply Seems to me you have a problem, Glikhardiz (Anonymous), 25-Oct-17 12:30 AM, #21
Reply Why is this character not denied again?, Tac, 25-Oct-17 09:09 AM, #22
     Reply All my logs posted under anon handle, Glikhardiz (Anonymous), 25-Oct-17 09:39 AM, #23
          Reply Your responses aren't. nt, Tac, 25-Oct-17 09:54 AM, #24
               Reply Please post me a link, Glikhardiz (Anonymous), 25-Oct-17 10:02 AM, #25
                    Reply I like you and think you're hilarous., Jalim (Anonymous), 25-Oct-17 12:26 PM, #26
                         Reply Because, Glikhardiz (Anonymous), 25-Oct-17 01:07 PM, #27
Reply No love for your favorite Mummy Tribunal? , Cerybis (Anonymous), 25-Oct-17 03:14 PM, #28
Reply RE: Goodbyes, Thaedan (Anonymous), 31-Oct-17 03:11 PM, #31
Reply Very strong foe, classy all around., Baron, 24-Oct-17 08:10 AM, #9
Reply Big fan!, Annalaethina (Anonymous), 23-Oct-17 05:55 PM, #8
Reply RE: Big fan!, Welverin, 24-Oct-17 07:07 PM, #11
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Hunsodin al'Arintalis the Doo..., Ergush, 23-Oct-17 05:52 PM, #7
Reply Thanks for the kind words., Welverin, 24-Oct-17 07:07 PM, #12
Reply A very good leader/char/monk/..., Yhendorn (Anonymous), 23-Oct-17 03:06 PM, #6
Reply RE: A very good leader/char/monk/..., Welverin, 24-Oct-17 07:08 PM, #13
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Hunsodin al'Arintalis the Doo..., Rahsael, 23-Oct-17 02:06 PM, #5
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Hunsodin al'Arintalis the Doo..., Welverin, 24-Oct-17 07:09 PM, #14
Reply Typical Welverin, Kstatida, 23-Oct-17 12:31 PM, #4
Reply RE: Typical Welverin, Welverin, 24-Oct-17 07:09 PM, #15
Reply So much to say, Yanni Sunburst (Anonymous), 23-Oct-17 12:31 PM, #3
Reply RE: So much to say, Welverin, 24-Oct-17 07:11 PM, #16
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Hunsodin al'Arintalis the Doo..., Thalamanion (Anonymous), 23-Oct-17 12:12 PM, #2
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Hunsodin al'Arintalis the Doo..., Welverin, 24-Oct-17 07:12 PM, #17
Reply Very well played sir!, Korsgaard, 23-Oct-17 10:34 AM, #1
     Reply RE: Very well played sir!, Welverin, 24-Oct-17 07:13 PM, #18

SollinTue 31-Oct-17 05:26 AM
Member since 31st Jan 2011
78 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#132594, "RE: (CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Hunsodin al'Arintalis the Doo..."
In response to Reply #0

Thanks for your kind words my friend, it was a true pleasure. I met your character young in his life and was really lucky to see the development over the lifespan of Hunsodin. You took every negative aspect and set back in stride and just kept rolling with the punches, setting a fine example on the way. After reading Rahsael's helpfile I can seriously see why he would have been devastated having missed out on having you as a follower from the get-go. Great Marshall, terrible gambling addiction and fantastic friend... Illaeth loved it all. Congrats on your longest lived character and good luck with your future endeavours.

Sollin / Illaeth

Hokrur (Anonymous)Sun 29-Oct-17 03:58 PM
Charter member
#132586, "RE: (CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Hunsodin al'Arintalis the Doo..."
In response to Reply #0

It was me I suppose who where your favorit duergar shaman. Well, liked our fights, even with or without Malice. I knew it was more a less a certain kill, so I tried to avoid it towards the end. But sometimes it was just in the fingers you know.

Anyways, top notch respect from here.

WelverinTue 24-Oct-17 07:06 PM
Member since 23rd Oct 2009
624 posts
#132547, "Goodbyes"
In response to Reply #0

So, My longest lived character to date. 480 hours. Man I don't know how I pulled that off.... Well yes I do, almost everyone I interacted with made it possible.(With a few exceptions) So, yes, I am possibly the only player who can CON die a leader paladin. seriously, who does that?

The Class: Everyone knows I love them, but holy crap, this was over the top. Temperance on an Elf Monk is just sickeningly survivable. I found myself able to tank way more than I thought I could. I remember way back when I won an RC and they wanted to give me Essence of Temp as a reward, but someone looked at it and said know because it supposedly fired off parry. Well, either they fixed it or they were wrong, and had it mixed up with Counterstrike.(Which doesn't work on a monk BTW)

The Cabal: Love, Love, Loved the change to Promotion process. It definitely made the cabal much more fun.

Immortals:

Ignolmeer: Not sure if you check here any more, but thanks for the early years. Loved the talks, even if I really didn't feel like I ever got a good hang on the religion. I was honored to be the last Tat you handed out.

Rahsael: Dude, you were AWESOME. Very tough row to hoe as a paladin. I could see a lot of other ways to do it in other classes, and I will for sure come back sometime. You saved the last couple hundred hours of the char for sure

Ishuli: GREAT interactions. It was top notch every time. I will def come back with a follower at some point

Scarabeaus(sp?): Thanks a ton for the interaction when I was raiding that time, I think it was you then. That was great.

Random Immexp drops for snooping: Thanks for being there and rewarding things.

Players:

Illaeth: Yes, you for sure rate top of my list. Witout you, I don't think I would have been able to pull off the character I did. My only regret is we never got to Tiamat. You were the best healer I've ever played with, and had some of the greatest RP of anyone in the game. Golly I hope you come back as something cool.

Thaedan: Congrats on heading up to ImmLand. It was fun while it lasted, but I really wanted to roll more with you and your bindings.

Yanni: You said most of it. Together, we were... Holy Crap... Man I don't know who would want to fight us when we were together.

Anna: Golly I hated the long names everyone picked and I hope you didn't mind my shortening it. Very glad that someone above listened to me and made you Marshall. You were top notch, tough as nails.

Emga: Enjoy the rewards, sorry that the last fight ended the way it did. Keep it up.

Isalora: Keep it up. You can get there.

Zergul: You were fun to have around. Great commander. Well done.

Thorawyn: You.... I loved having you around, and hope our relationship didn't get you into too much hot water with the Ancients.

Enemies:

Glik: Your RP just sucks, and yes, when I posted the log, prior to that, you were an uber conservative player, who never fought without Tons of Preps, or any fight that you thought you stood remotely a chance of losing. After I posted that log and you went on your tirade, things changed a little bit, but not much. You were tough, you sure can play, just wish you were... less of a jerkwad.

Duergar Shaman whos name is escaping me: Malice sucks, That prayer needs to be changed. I don't mind the immolate affect, I don't mind the Con-Loss(Except it seems like there is a chance for it to hit on every immolate) I do mind the fact that it can be cast anytime in combat without any echo. At the end though, I was grateful that at least some of the time you refrained from dropping it on me when I was at like 6 CON. Your RP was fun, and you were more than willing to throwdown. Catching you in Aristeia there at the end was a highlight for sure.

Khorra: Man did I have your number. You were a trooper though. Keep trucking man. Good luck

ShadowLord: We mixed it up a few times, I don't know where we ended as far as a record, and I don't have any memories that stuck out to be totally honest, good or bad.

Vezrin: Good nightreaver. Well played.

There are a lot more that I'm missing I know.
Everyone Else: There were so many, post and I will try to reply.

Kanlax Eldraugh (Anonymous)Tue 24-Oct-17 09:10 PM
Charter member
#132556, "You and your monk paladins"
In response to Reply #10

We don't often make great allies OR enemies, but this time was great; it was nice to have someone to share perspectives on a religion and without falling too much into cliche goodie RP "hey bro I'm your bro".

Odoe (Anonymous)Tue 24-Oct-17 10:42 PM
Charter member
#132557, "RE: Goodbyes"
In response to Reply #10

Good presence and good character. Long ago when we were fighting Lord Kiadana Rah (with the other shifter, Perin, who got one-rounded by fire) and Glik showed up, I really liked the way you seemed more worried about Odoe's safety than your own and was telling her to get out of there while you took on the Emperor. Just like a Paladin should. We ended up sending him packing like a dirty hobo.

We didn't spend a great deal of time together after that I think mostly because Odoe wasn't into cabal wars and we didn't really need each others help most of the time. So, thanks for making a milestone in her life a very enjoyable one.

GLWYN

Glikhardiz (Anonymous)Wed 25-Oct-17 12:30 AM
Charter member
#132558, "Seems to me you have a problem"
In response to Reply #10

There are billion logs of me on two boards where I don't prep, or rush 1 vs 3 or go to the destructor vs entwiners or go to the quicksand. A LOT of such logs.

I do understand that you got the butthurt over your deaths to me and now writing this. I remember when you went completly ooc like zergul like 90% of others after deaths to me. And I don't blame you, we all have our ups and lows.

Other then that you were ok.

TacWed 25-Oct-17 09:09 AM
Member since 15th Nov 2005
2050 posts
#132559, "Why is this character not denied again?"
In response to Reply #21

http://forums.carrionfields.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=47&topic_id=163&mesg_id=165&page=

I know Glik is in favor of fair treatment, so there is no way he has a complete meltdown for being treated fairly.

Glikhardiz (Anonymous)Wed 25-Oct-17 09:39 AM
Charter member
#132560, "All my logs posted under anon handle"
In response to Reply #22

Indeed, you and some others like jalim and nbm try to deanon and char assasinate me all the time, even being moderators on qhcf, hello nbm and torak. But sorry, not today baby. And i forgive you all.

TacWed 25-Oct-17 09:54 AM
Member since 15th Nov 2005
2050 posts
#132561, "Your responses aren't. nt"
In response to Reply #23

Also I'm done, as Hunsodin doesn't deserve this in his death thread as far as I know.

Glikhardiz (Anonymous)Wed 25-Oct-17 10:02 AM
Charter member
#132562, "Please post me a link"
In response to Reply #24

Where i said it was my log, or im glikhardiz. Sure, there is no such posts, only countless attempts of char assasinations from you and your ooc friends Perhaps you are the one who should be denied.

Jalim (Anonymous)Wed 25-Oct-17 12:26 PM
Charter member
#132563, "I like you and think you're hilarous."
In response to Reply #25

I make fun of you when you're being dumb and drunk but why wouldn't anyone.

Why you lumping me in with them. =(

Glikhardiz (Anonymous)Wed 25-Oct-17 01:07 PM
Charter member
#132564, "Because"
In response to Reply #26

I don't mind anything you've said, I'm all about self irony. but..I do mind "rule break" in that case. You can make fun of me, and sometimes its actually funny, but as long as that don't break general rules.

Perfect example: 4-5 hours ago, you did the same against the other person, and I think it wasn't about the fun, it was your personal hate against the guy in the new crew of imms.

Think about it

Cerybis (Anonymous)Wed 25-Oct-17 03:14 PM
Charter member
#132566, "No love for your favorite Mummy Tribunal? "
In response to Reply #10

Just kidding . We had some interesting talks and fights and boy was it terrifying when you and Yanni were on and were wanted. That summon tactic was a nuisance, especially when I was but a Spectre. I enjoyed you, even though you considered me an enemy. The fights we did have were fun and the talks were enjoyable even though you kept to the ever repetitive goodie maran convo, "Red aura bad, smash red aura". You definitely kept me on my toes, especially if I decided to walk down eastern road.

GLWYN

Thaedan (Anonymous)Tue 31-Oct-17 03:11 PM
Charter member
#132597, "RE: Goodbyes"
In response to Reply #10

Good job. Funny that you were so "concerned" abut my flirting with Rahsael and then you went way further in his religion than I ever did.

BaronTue 24-Oct-17 07:53 AM
Member since 09th Jul 2006
60 posts
#132545, "Very strong foe, classy all around."
In response to Reply #0
Edited on Tue 24-Oct-17 08:10 AM

You were a very solid presence, and i am sure the Fortress will miss you. One of my favorite enemies, classy, brave and very active while hunting.

I learned the hard way, that it can be very frustrating fighting monks... i really do not know if it is class design or player skill. I personally believe its a bit of both, so, congratulations, the combination of it was a almost unsttopable paladin.

Thanks for being around and kick our butt most of the time.

GLWYN.

Annalaethina (Anonymous)Mon 23-Oct-17 05:55 PM
Charter member
#132544, "Big fan!"
In response to Reply #0

From the beginning you were super helpful and encouraging to Annalaethina. I was always impressed by your character and you were one of my favorites to be around. The Fort won't be the same with Hunsodin not around anymore.

Thank you for all your help and good luck with the next!

WelverinTue 24-Oct-17 07:07 PM
624 posts
#132548, "RE: Big fan!"
In response to Reply #8

You were doing everything right. Keep it up. If anyone can fill the shoes, you can.

ErgushMon 23-Oct-17 05:52 PM
Member since 31st Aug 2017
101 posts
#132543, "RE: (CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Hunsodin al'Arintalis the Doo..."
In response to Reply #0

Very well played! Glad I got to see you in action, and be there for the last of it. GLWYN!

WelverinTue 24-Oct-17 07:07 PM
624 posts
#132549, "Thanks for the kind words."
In response to Reply #7

N/T

Yhendorn (Anonymous)Mon 23-Oct-17 03:06 PM
Charter member
#132542, "A very good leader/char/monk/..."
In response to Reply #0

Thanks for the short interactions. You are a reason I created Yhendorn, to have a small chance to be on your side and interact more with you.

WelverinTue 24-Oct-17 07:08 PM
624 posts
#132550, "RE: A very good leader/char/monk/..."
In response to Reply #6

You seemed pretty new. I was glad to help out where I could. Keep it up, the curve eventually gets a bit easier.

RahsaelMon 23-Oct-17 02:06 PM
Member since 05th May 2017
232 posts
#132541, "RE: (CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Hunsodin al'Arintalis the Doo..."
In response to Reply #0

Obviously, I was a big fan.

I saw your role after my religion was finalized but before Rahsael went live. You were already gunning for Ignolmeer, but it was killing me that your role was *perfectly* suited for my still-unveiled religion.

So it was a bittersweet day when you showed up at the shrine after Ignolmeer left. I'm glad you did, and though I didn't have a whole lot of time with Hunsodin, I hope I added some enjoyment to your character. I loved how much you mixed it up (your PK ratio will show just how much you did) and your roleplay was on point.

I'm sorry that final event didn't go exactly according to plan. Things like that tend to get messy. But it got the job done, anyway.

Well done, and best of luck with your next.

WelverinTue 24-Oct-17 07:09 PM
624 posts
#132551, "RE: (CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Hunsodin al'Arintalis the Doo..."
In response to Reply #5

Without a doubt you were awesome. I will be back with something that I can delve deeper into the secrets. I loved the concepts later in the religion and really want to explore them more, and I probably will.

KstatidaMon 23-Oct-17 12:31 PM
Member since 12th Feb 2015
2214 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#132540, "Typical Welverin"
In response to Reply #0

Well played

WelverinTue 24-Oct-17 07:09 PM
624 posts
#132552, "RE: Typical Welverin"
In response to Reply #4

Thanks.

Yanni Sunburst (Anonymous)Mon 23-Oct-17 12:31 PM
Charter member
#132539, "So much to say"
In response to Reply #0

First of all, what an amazing leader. Truly inspirational from a players perspective. You were always ready to throw down and fight, but also capable of having a long and thoughtful conversation. I felt so bad the times where I couldn't save you, and I'm sorry for being a little late on the 'word of recall' front. We were quite the force when together, and it will be tough to fill those shoes. I had hoped to be there when you inevitably passed away, but alas.

GLWYN and I hope to see you back in Fortress someday.

WelverinTue 24-Oct-17 07:11 PM
624 posts
#132553, "RE: So much to say"
In response to Reply #3

you were awesome. Very competent invoker, and a great choice for captain. Don't worry about the late on word thing. If I've learned anything from my 2,000,000 fort characters, its that I am too suicidal to worry about those things. I mean who else can Con-Die an Elf Monk Leader.

And yes, I wished you were there at the end too. that would have made things much more fun.

Thalamanion (Anonymous)Mon 23-Oct-17 12:12 PM
Charter member
#132538, "RE: (CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Hunsodin al'Arintalis the Doo..."
In response to Reply #0

I'm very reluctant to post as an active character, but for this I have to make an exception. Very well played. From my first days sub level 10 when you stood in the guild handing out gold, to the fights alongside at the latter part of my life. You were an excellent source in discussing the Code and always brought good perspectives that I hadn't considered.

You taught me about the pk side as well, about which fists to swing in different scenarios and whatnot. I think that's the key to a great player and a great leader - the ability to RP combined with the ability to PK, and the compassion to help others.

My hat is off to you sir. Great work and good luck with your next one.

WelverinTue 24-Oct-17 07:12 PM
624 posts
#132554, "RE: (CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Hunsodin al'Arintalis the Doo..."
In response to Reply #2

I only hope you don't learn my suicidal tendencies. I die way too much for a paladin. You'll do well. Keep it up.

KorsgaardMon 23-Oct-17 10:34 AM
Member since 03rd Oct 2017
76 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#132537, "Very well played sir!"
In response to Reply #0

I'm glad I got to catch you when I had the opportunity, you were a great Fortress leader and I'm proud of players like you who make the game more interesting.

Good luck with your next, and I hope to see you in the fields again!

WelverinTue 24-Oct-17 07:13 PM
624 posts
#132555, "RE: Very well played sir!"
In response to Reply #1

Thanks for the kind words. So glad that Fort is back in good hands in Immland again.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #132534 Previous topic | Next topic