Subject: "(AGE DEATH) [TRIBUNAL] Guais Silverpreen the Herbal Arc..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #132018
Show all folders

Death_AngelMon 21-Aug-17 01:24 PM
Member since 24th Apr 2024
16807 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#132018, "(AGE DEATH) [TRIBUNAL] Guais Silverpreen the Herbal Architect, Provost Magistrate"

Mon Aug 21 13:23:37 2017

At 6 o'clock AM, Day of the Great Gods, 12th of the Month of the Great Evil
on the Theran calendar Guais perished, never to return.

Race:arial
Class:thief
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:TRIBUNAL, the Blood Tribunal
Hours:567

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [TRIBUNAL] Guais Silverpreen the Herbal..., Aroyv Undersnake (Anonymous), 24-Aug-17 10:58 PM, #7
Reply studies, Guais (Anonymous), 28-Aug-17 08:17 PM, #10
     Reply RE: studies, Aroyv Undersnake (Anonymous), 31-Aug-17 08:48 AM, #19
Reply 3 weeks away, login and age die during regear, Guais Silverpreen (Anonymous), 21-Aug-17 02:05 PM, #1
     Reply RE: 3 weeks away, login and age die during regear, Orsil (Anonymous), 21-Aug-17 02:14 PM, #2
     Reply Wondered where you went. Good char. GLWYN nt, Odoe (Anonymous), 21-Aug-17 02:35 PM, #3
     Reply Goodbye Odoe, Guais (Anonymous), 28-Aug-17 08:23 PM, #11
     Reply Thumbs Up!, amazingdonnie, 21-Aug-17 06:16 PM, #4
     Reply Loved you when I played Ghek!, Blkdrgn, 22-Aug-17 03:50 PM, #5
     Reply I loved me some Ghek., Guais (Anonymous), 28-Aug-17 08:28 PM, #12
     Reply RE: 3 weeks away, login and age die during regear, Vramun (Anonymous), 24-Aug-17 05:26 PM, #6
     Reply RE: 3 weeks away, login and age die during regear, Ishuli, 28-Aug-17 02:43 PM, #8
     Reply Thanks for the global echoes!, Guais (Anonymous), 28-Aug-17 08:15 PM, #9
          Reply RE: Thanks for the global echoes!, Ishuli, 28-Aug-17 09:52 PM, #13
               Reply Odd. Thanks for debunking any immspiracists out there...., Guais (Anonymous), 28-Aug-17 11:08 PM, #14
               Reply It's a mix of that and..., Ishuli, 29-Aug-17 08:41 AM, #17
               Reply We were about to give you something, Beront (Anonymous), 29-Aug-17 03:57 AM, #15
                    Reply Bwahaha., Ishuli, 29-Aug-17 08:37 AM, #16
                         Reply Lich as an arial?, Kstatida, 29-Aug-17 09:45 AM, #18
     Reply RE: 3 weeks away, login and age die during regear, Thaedan (Anonymous), 09-Sep-17 12:57 PM, #20

Aroyv Undersnake (Anonymous)Thu 24-Aug-17 10:58 PM
Charter member
#132033, "RE: (AGE DEATH) [TRIBUNAL] Guais Silverpreen the Herbal..."
In response to Reply #0

Ugh! Was looking to share with you the pinnacle of my studies.

Guais (Anonymous)Mon 28-Aug-17 08:17 PM
Charter member
#132079, "studies"
In response to Reply #7

I was never quite sure what to make of your shaman, but I really enjoyed the parallels we traveled in our exploration of poisons. I look forward to learning what your character's goals are, and what progress you make toward reaching them.

Aroyv Undersnake (Anonymous)Thu 31-Aug-17 08:48 AM
Charter member
#132120, "RE: studies"
In response to Reply #10

Hopefully soon a journal of my travels will be added to the library that may shed some light onto it. Curious I am about something that took place recently after a spider bite and the poisons from that bite made me stronger despite being ill for a moment.

Guais Silverpreen (Anonymous)Mon 21-Aug-17 02:05 PM
Charter member
#132020, "3 weeks away, login and age die during regear"
In response to Reply #0

Personal life provided a distraction from my entertainment, and after a hiatus of working fifteen hour days followed by a Vegas vacation I log in to age die when I put on some gear. Woe to withered arials with poor saves everywhere!

Guais was able to try out a few tactics using thief skills, and I was able to determine that FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THINGS HOLY DO NOT BOTHER USING SUGGESTION AS AN ARIAL, and so I felt she was successful even if she was not some pk juggernaut. I need to ask, though: what does the asphyxiating toxins edge do other than give a cool echo?

Immortals

Ishuli, you make it worthwhile to login. Upbeat and inspirational, you always gave me ideas on what to do with my time, whether it was writing for the library like the legal precedents project, discussing Theran politics, or encouraging me to explore an idea. Even though your gift to me didn't materialize, the truth is your interaction was a gift unto itself. Thank you.

Scarabaeus
I enjoyed our talks, but I am bitter about your passive-aggressive means of weaseling out of your end of the bargain with Guais.

Rahsael
I appreciate the effort you made to see me off as I age-died. I did not interact with you otherwise, but little gestures such as this help assuage the disappointment of dying in this new age when we do not have scores of people online to whom we say goodbye or witness the banshee's song of global echoes.

Saxonjachs - An inspiration and a tough act to follow. You lived forever and killed many, and over your lifetime built a respected reputation that lived on after you.

Vramun - My right hand man. You were a veritable behemoth to make criminals tremble, and your counsel was welcomed time and again after the early scandals of your association with the mummy had become history. You have given a lot to Tribunal, and your contributions will be acknowledged.

Lochlan - I imagine by now you are some sort of kick-ass undead, but if not, I imagine you are continuing to build upon house of horrors you had founded before my absence. I imagine before you are done it will be a full-fledged mansion built upon crypts that open onto the shadow plane ala H.P. Lovecraft. Keep trucking.

Orsil (Anonymous)Mon 21-Aug-17 02:14 PM
Charter member
#132021, "RE: 3 weeks away, login and age die during regear"
In response to Reply #1

Awe man I wish this was next week.

When it was time to choose Saxon's successor, Ishuli and I weighed our options as to those available. Ultimately it ended in the manner it did, and I cannot be disappointed with the results. You were a strong Provost, and led the spire well. I had my concerns when you disappeared, but totally understand that life gets in the way some times. (I hope Vegas was fun!)

Thank you for playing the part well, and GLWYN!

Odoe (Anonymous)Mon 21-Aug-17 02:35 PM
Charter member
#132022, "Wondered where you went. Good char. GLWYN nt"
In response to Reply #1

nt

Guais (Anonymous)Mon 28-Aug-17 08:23 PM
Charter member
#132080, "Goodbye Odoe"
In response to Reply #3

Odoe was such a good natured, enigmatic character. I enjoyed our casual conversations, and I always felt that you were more likely to have my back than to cause trouble, which I liked. I also think characters like yours are great for new mudders to meet, for you are welcoming and helpful.

amazingdonnieMon 21-Aug-17 06:16 PM
Member since 19th Nov 2013
148 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#132023, "Thumbs Up!"
In response to Reply #1

You were a constant presence and I enjoyed our interactions as several characters friend and foe. You've also made me feel like re-reading The rats in the walls .

BlkdrgnTue 22-Aug-17 03:50 PM
Member since 19th Mar 2010
293 posts
#132024, "Loved you when I played Ghek!"
In response to Reply #1

Man, been wondering where you went as of late. You were my favorite out of all my enemies when I played Ghek. Your poisons were just terrible when I encountered them, mostly because I wasn't outlander enough and didn't know where healers were or items to barter with.

When we fought, it did seem awfully one sided, if you stood up against me. When you poisoned me though, it was always an agonizing, painfully slow death. Our unique roleplay was always intriguing and kept me around cause I enjoyed the whole convert each other thing we had going. You were great, GLWYN.

Guais (Anonymous)Mon 28-Aug-17 08:28 PM
Charter member
#132082, "I loved me some Ghek."
In response to Reply #5

I was really disappointed when we lost your old-school Shamanman-like "let's take the fight to them" approach. You made being on duty fun as hell because you took risks. Now the challenge for Guais was that she could potentially kill you, but it meant taking risks too, and you challenged me to find innovative ways to make Ghek's life miserable. Thank you for that.

Vramun (Anonymous)Thu 24-Aug-17 05:26 PM
Charter member
#132029, "RE: 3 weeks away, login and age die during regear"
In response to Reply #1

Well done! Thanks for the support. Job well done.

IshuliMon 28-Aug-17 02:43 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2017
2146 posts
#132072, "RE: 3 weeks away, login and age die during regear"
In response to Reply #1

Absolutely outstanding character both in the religion and the cabal. Work has been annoyingly hectic, and since I can’t post on the forums from home, it got rather difficult for me to put together time to actually reply, SO HERE IT GOES!

Follower wise, you were the first person who actually talked to Ish about what she liked. Really the first person to slightly pick on her greedy nature (which she totally is). Otherwise our conversations were always amazing. When you first pitched the idea of writing a work in a rather roundabout way, I was worried since I thought “Wow, this dude is making it hard on himself, makes it likely to fail”.

But then I read it, and it was hilariously good. Nice metaphors, good double meanings, and plenty of amusing bits in between. I felt bad that your experience as a poisoner didn’t match up exactly with how well you wrote about them, and I tried to prod and figure out what was going on, but I did also expect that your suggest/MC stuff was going to go pretty badly, such is the arial life. But hey, it can cause ‘forget’, so that’s good!

Otherwise, I really enjoyed how you handled Trib things. Provost can be a pretty demanding position, but you did a good job – and your consequentialist approach to diplomacy was really appealing. I’m sad we never got a Justiciar to help you deal with the appeals though!

In terms of your present, I hit a conflict there. I was brainstorming with other imms to see what we could give you, and we hit some really really cool ideas. Had some spell/commune options, and other assorted goodies. So we go to test it, but apparently, mechanically, it can’t be given to a thief. So pretty much every idea I had ended up being non-viable mechanically. THEN your lichquest started. When that started I had hopes to, once we got it all going, offer some assistance in that regard as part of the gift. But, as you know, that kinda petered off. So I felt really lame being unable to keep my side of the bargain : (. If it is any solace, I’d love to place Guais in the shrine, with your approval. So if you’d like, hit me up at ishulicf@gmail.com so I can properly set Guais up the way you’d like.

All in all, you were a top tier follower, and I really enjoyed all of our interactions. I’m sorry I missed your age-death, I was at work at the time, and was only able to get the gechoes out later – hopefully they fit your taste. Nice job managing an age-death with a poisoner!

-Ish

PS, gechoes below:

A lieutenant raises a glass, shouting "The Provost left us this wine to drink in honor of her passing. Let us toast in her name!"

The circle of guards raise their drinks in unison, and shout "To Provost Guais Silverpreen!".

Each finishes their drink, smiling as they remember the Provost's efforts.

"Oh my", the lieutenant whispers as members of the group begin to suddenly pass out from the knock-out poison.

http://www.carrionfields.net/gechoes.php

Guais (Anonymous)Mon 28-Aug-17 08:15 PM
Charter member
#132077, "Thanks for the global echoes!"
In response to Reply #8

It probably should have been an emetic poison though. I thought those were more fun, and certainly appropriate during a bout of drinking.

I had considered applying for a heroimm with Guais, but the mud would probably benefit more from me as a free pk than as another immortal hoping for something interesting to happen. Immortalizing Guais in your shrine is probably for everyone concerned. If you do end up putting Guais in your shrine, you should have a prog that offers outlander quail or various spiced versions of Aiya's drinks to your guests, even if it is only to have another more virtuous mob intervene (sometimes) . You have my email, so by all means contact me if you want to bounce ideas.

As for mentioning your gift in my goodbye, I had actually come to look on the gift as a running joke. CF is much more fun when you don't come to the table with expectations, and I did not. However, I once had a warrior on CF who had been given a spell, so unless the game engine under the hood has changed significantly, there were probably other factors at play. I'm not going to sweat it.

I have played several poisoners, but like all thieves, they are best for picking off the low hanging fruit. Low player numbers raises the difficulty of getting pks, but increases the opportunity to master poisoner skills, and Guais was my first poisoner to find ways to master every poisoner skill. That itself was an accomplishment of which I am proud, and it opens the door for me to play other poisoners in the future.

Again, much love to Ish, and thanks for injecting interest and goals into the character.

IshuliMon 28-Aug-17 09:52 PM
2146 posts
#132083, "RE: Thanks for the global echoes!"
In response to Reply #9

Making me post from my phone just to clarify that we actually tested setting the skills on a thief and it legitimately wasn't working. Nothing else was happening behind the scenes so that's a false assumption. A number of the ideas I had we're related to poison skills spells or communes including some from the Venom path since they seem like they would have been a nice fit but nothing worked right and so I couldn't find something that actually would have fit on a thief.

Guais (Anonymous)Mon 28-Aug-17 11:08 PM
Charter member
#132085, "Odd. Thanks for debunking any immspiracists out there...."
In response to Reply #13

nt

IshuliTue 29-Aug-17 08:41 AM
2146 posts
#132098, "It's a mix of that and..."
In response to Reply #14

I REALLY liked your character, so it would make me sad to have you thinking there was some behind-the-stage motion against you. Everything I pitched was agreed to, so we went to set them, and it just didn't work .

-Ish

Beront (Anonymous)Tue 29-Aug-17 03:57 AM
Charter member
#132092, "We were about to give you something"
In response to Reply #13

But you age died!

Sorry, i coulndnt resist

IshuliTue 29-Aug-17 08:37 AM
2146 posts
#132097, "Bwahaha."
In response to Reply #15

The statement is always more like, at least to give you and folks some context, "You were doing great, being consistent, etc. and I/someone pitched a reward idea (which has to go up the chain for approval) so I was waiting on that PLUS something really cool from you so I could further justify my suggestion".

Guais' deal here was actually really really cool. He was trying to Lich as part of his studies. Sadly, lichquests take a very specific amount of attention and customization. With people getting busy, it was really difficult to finish fleshing it out. I think we got like half-way?

But yeah, there ya' go!

It's a good joke, since it totally does happen a lot, but I also like explaining stuff. So voila.

I was about to respond to your post...But you age died!

-Ish

KstatidaTue 29-Aug-17 09:45 AM
Member since 12th Feb 2015
2214 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#132099, "Lich as an arial?"
In response to Reply #16

Certainly a good way to spend what little time you have if you don't plan to have it finished

Thaedan (Anonymous)Sat 09-Sep-17 12:57 PM
Charter member
#132246, "RE: 3 weeks away, login and age die during regear"
In response to Reply #1

As with Vramun I'm late noticing this, but wanted to stop by and give you a thumbs up. Enjoyed Guais. I kept stuff on hand specifically as a get-out-of-jail-free card in case you got me knocked out and poisoned up.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #132018 Previous topic | Next topic