Subject: "(CON LOSS) [SCARAB] Erigron Harmonui the Planewalker" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #131976
Show all folders

Death_AngelMon 14-Aug-17 11:24 AM
Member since 25th Apr 2024
16809 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#131976, "(CON LOSS) [SCARAB] Erigron Harmonui the Planewalker"

Mon Aug 14 11:22:15 2017

At 5 o'clock AM, Day of Deception, 2nd of the Month of the Battle
on the Theran calendar Erigron perished, never to return.

Race:half-elf
Class:conjurer
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:SCARAB, the Cult of the Scarab
Hours:112

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Goodbyes!, Blkdrgn, 14-Aug-17 02:27 PM, #6
Reply Glad you liked the dream!, Venara, 14-Aug-17 02:38 PM, #7
Reply Will be missed, Caz Longshadow (Anonymous), 14-Aug-17 01:42 PM, #5
Reply Big thumbsup!, Rahsael, 14-Aug-17 12:37 PM, #2
Reply RE: Big thumbsup!, Blkdrgn, 14-Aug-17 12:45 PM, #3
Reply Dang you went fast!, Ishuli, 14-Aug-17 12:24 PM, #1
     Reply RE: Dang you went fast!, Blkdrgn, 14-Aug-17 12:56 PM, #4

BlkdrgnMon 14-Aug-17 02:27 PM
Member since 19th Mar 2010
293 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#131982, "Goodbyes!"
In response to Reply #0

So here's the good, the bad and the ugly.

This character was fun to RP, not so fun to play mechanically. I personally love the whole idea of conjurers, how their magic works and what they can do, but they are just so damned difficult to deal with, especially as evil. My biggest problem was keeping servitors happy, and they always tended to get unhappy about halfway through the being summoned. No matter what I tried, my servitors just didn't like me . There were a few times that I got lucky and had happy servitors and then I seemed almost terrifying, but then people just ran away lol. I imagine murderous intent would have helped but I don't think would have ever gotten enough kills to get that or enough EP after what I did take.

Imms;

All of you were great, I really loved the dream sequence, it just played so well into the psychotic mind of Erigron which really tipped him over the edge.

Also the chat with the devil about the steed and the king, glorious stuff. I didn't know how to really react though and I know who did that one too, which was neat but I won't tell the secret even though my familiar caught you .

Also Rahsael, who was my original deity choice for the start of Erigron's life. I said it once and will say it again, sorry I didn't go deeper into your religion. Once I started learning about Scarab as I found interest in the cult, I abandoned you because you were not "the father" and you were apart of the lesser. Otherwise what experiences we had, was great!

Scarab

Dzooka, you influenced my character greatly. It's the first time I've ever been in Scarab and the RP you shared really set me in motion. You were frigging scary to watch killing things too.

Undaraxyl, You were terrifying as well and I loved your socials and emotes. You just screamed creepy as hell to me and It made Erigron tingle with ecstasy watching your art.

Enemies

You were many and you were all pretty great to fight with, though I hate all assassins lol! You were all fun to fight with and I enjoyed most of our interactions.

VenaraMon 14-Aug-17 02:38 PM
Member since 11th Oct 2016
52 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#131983, "Glad you liked the dream!"
In response to Reply #6

Hope to see you in the fields again!

Good luck with your next!

Caz Longshadow (Anonymous)Mon 14-Aug-17 01:42 PM
Charter member
#131981, "Will be missed"
In response to Reply #0

Well roleplayed frenemies are the best. After my hours dipped from all day insanity to a more normal schedule we fell out of touch a bit, and now just as we were starting to see more of each other you go and con die! Thanks for being a classy foe for Erigron's entire life. Low ranks to high you were always good for a fight which was awesome. For a while there I couldn't do anything and then the balance sort of shifted later. I was so disappointed when you went Scarab, but it was a great path for the character.

GLWYN.

RahsaelMon 14-Aug-17 12:37 PM
Member since 05th May 2017
232 posts
#131978, "Big thumbsup!"
In response to Reply #0

Great RP. You had some tough breaks with servitors and in PK but I never saw anything resembling sour grapes from you. You mixed it up constantly and roleplayed constantly, and that's great for the game. Thanks for Erigron and for having such an amazing attitude.

BlkdrgnMon 14-Aug-17 12:45 PM
293 posts
#131979, "RE: Big thumbsup!"
In response to Reply #2

Thanks!

I try to not get sour over much, though I think if anything got me was the mechanics of how quickly my servitors rebelled or became unhappy. I tried doing what I could to keep them happy, but it was like once they hit the unhappy thresh hold, they didn't get happy again.

I use to look at this game in a perspective of being angry when I lost or died, but soon realized, while it's disheartening the fun is in the adventure and dying and losing stuff is apart of it.

I enjoyed the RP we had, and at one point, without entering rolls, was in a huge conflict with your religion and being a scarab. I fully gave into the Scarab though, following the father and abandoning all weakness (thanks to Dzooka and his shedding weakness conversations). I would love to delve deeper into your religion with a character soon as it was frigging awesome both the ceremony of the loss and when Caz and I played with the doll.

IshuliMon 14-Aug-17 12:24 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2017
2147 posts
#131977, "Dang you went fast!"
In response to Reply #0

You were very consistent in RP, which was nice any time I watched you.

Given you were one of the few Scarabs, and otherwise kept up decently with your RP, I had some cool hopes for the future.

So I check on you today and saw you had 3 deaths left and was like "WHAAAT?". Oh well, you were still a cool char!

BlkdrgnMon 14-Aug-17 12:56 PM
293 posts
#131980, "RE: Dang you went fast!"
In response to Reply #1

Yep, just like Ghek lol! I chalk up most experiences to RNG in this game because I've been on the side of being ill prepped fighting against fully prepped people and winning a few times, it just is a strike of luck and most the time it's not on my side.

Thanks for the compliments! My enjoyment was being that slightly off kilter, totally fascinated with everything gruesome, RP'd character. You know... like the one person that just loves things to get turned inside out. I tried my best to stay consistent because I try to live within the character. My pk isn't great, probably below-average at best, but I enjoy the thrill of the fight which makes backing down hard for me, even when its not in my favor.

My servitors probably ate about 60-70% of my con, though I had a really awesome setup, I think would have a bit better chance on the "winning" side if I didn't actually take three faults. If I did that, then I wouldn't have been Erigron, the conjurer who relies heavily on his pets to paint the world red in the blood of the profane.

I've enjoyed RP with you on quite a few characters, though I'm not a big writer, which intimidates me with your religion, as someone who experiences it from the outside. I can write I just find it tedious, that's why I have to be in the mood to write roles when it comes to my characters.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #131976 Previous topic | Next topic