Subject: "(AGE DEATH) [BATTLE] Sekope Folau the Foreign Born Pers..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #127907
Show all folders

Death_AngelWed 04-May-16 08:48 AM
Member since 22nd Apr 2024
16801 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#127907, "(AGE DEATH) [BATTLE] Sekope Folau the Foreign Born Personification of Strength and Conviction, Commander of Battle"

Wed May 4 08:45:44 2016

At 1 o'clock PM, Day of Freedom, 18th of the Month of Winter
on the Theran calendar Sekope perished, never to return.

Race:duergar
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:631

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Phew! What a ride!, Jarmel, 04-May-16 07:23 PM, #4
Reply You were too tough to try to take on, Gwildaththea (Anonymous), 04-May-16 10:31 PM, #7
Reply RE: You were too tough to try to take on, Jarmel, 25-May-16 10:39 PM, #15
Reply RE: Phew! What a ride!, Graatch, 05-May-16 03:50 PM, #8
Reply RE: Phew! What a ride!, Jarmel, 25-May-16 10:40 PM, #16
Reply RE: Phew! What a ride!, Hallanaphas (Anonymous), 06-May-16 11:53 AM, #9
Reply RE: Phew! What a ride!, Jarmel, 25-May-16 10:42 PM, #17
Reply thumbs up, Llathe (Anonymous), 06-May-16 12:15 PM, #10
Reply RE: thumbs up, Jarmel, 25-May-16 10:43 PM, #18
Reply RE: Phew! What a ride!, Ild (Anonymous), 06-May-16 01:03 PM, #11
Reply RE: Phew! What a ride!, Jarmel, 25-May-16 10:44 PM, #19
Reply RE: Phew! What a ride!, Darvoderis (Anonymous), 08-May-16 02:01 AM, #12
Reply RE: Phew! What a ride!, Jarmel, 25-May-16 10:48 PM, #20
Reply RE: Phew! What a ride!, Woldgar (Anonymous), 09-May-16 06:35 AM, #13
Reply RE: Phew! What a ride!, Jarmel, 25-May-16 10:52 PM, #22
Reply You were kinda nice. Not very duergar-y :P, Laeden Leech (Anonymous), 10-May-16 03:32 AM, #14
Reply RE: You were kinda nice. Not very duergar-y :P, Jarmel, 25-May-16 10:50 PM, #21
Reply RE: Phew! What a ride!, Varnon (Anonymous), 10-Jun-16 10:40 AM, #23
Reply Damned son of a...!, Jormyr, 04-May-16 06:07 PM, #3
Reply RE: Damned son of a...!, Jarmel, 04-May-16 07:38 PM, #5
Reply Well done, Abra (Anonymous), 04-May-16 01:21 PM, #2
Reply RE: Well done, Jarmel, 04-May-16 07:44 PM, #6
Reply Well Played Dude (nt), Bemused, 04-May-16 09:58 AM, #1

JarmelWed 04-May-16 07:23 PM
Member since 19th Jul 2015
375 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#127913, "Phew! What a ride!"
In response to Reply #0

So well this was me! For want of just wanting to play battle, my expectations were completely blown out of the water. I thoroughly enjoyed every single moment, and had a span of hours with some quality interactions across the board from a large range of people. Immortals thanks for doing everything you do, I hope I brought a smile to your faces from time to time.
Players thanks for taking the time to interact, and likewise I hope I brought a smile to your face from time to time and maybe just maybe smash your keyboard to bits out of frustration! Hahaha

After Kregan I rolled another bard, Agathian primarily because I wanted to see what an instrument less bard was like, and try out a couple other edges. I enjoyed the character for a bit but it all got a bit same same. Since Kregan I always had this idea in my head of playing a body builder type character, but I could never really find a way to get it to fit in CF in any way shape or form, because well with my limited knowledge CF doesn't have a gym anywhere.

Then after a few months it kinda made sense CF doesn't have a gym lets attempt to build one! From there I made a link as to why I would know about a gym and perhaps no-one else would. With this association was the reason why I choose to go Battle as well. The last little bit came to me while watching Australia V New Zealand in the rugby world cup. A name ... The combination of 2 players Sekope Kepu and Israel Folau, I was set.

With this choice I made a very hard stance to try to focus on enemies/mages as much as possible. So this meant two things:
1. Alot of my paladin fights at the start had me standing there waiting to be wrathed
2. I tried to "ween" people off magic. So this meant taking an item and giving it to Tahren as part of this. I know this annoyed the hell out of some of you, this was not my intention. But please see the flip side of this, unless you had a replacement slot in your corpse it was very rare I took anything non-magical. I think I looted non-magic maybe 4-5 times over my whole life. It was damned hard to stick to my guns on this sometimes, its deflating to loot a charred leather bracer cause that's the only magical item and leave darkened platemail behind.

There are so many people to mention over a long life. So thank you to everyone. Unlike Kregan with this character I decided to keep quiet and on the down-low in responding to people. So there are alot of great people that have gone that I have said nothing to, apologies if I leave names out now.

Fellow villagers:
Thanks a million for the good times! Even the bad times were great! I thought alot of you were exceptional and in all honesty trying to find one person out of the group of you to pick as Drillmaster was not easy at all ... This reflects very highly of what I thought of alot of you as a whole. I should have just put names in a hat and picked one out.

Llathe look after the village
Ild I hope everything is ok, I spent alot of time with you, you were awesome
Grundo you know what the handshake and high five were for all the best!

Enemies:
There were so many so ill mention the ones I seemed to be fighting all the time.

Felar Chief, by far my toughest foe! Hahaha! I think I got you more than you got me, but bloody hell you just made my life a misery.

Darvoderis, I am glad you got Emperor, you were a tough consistent solid foe, not afraid to mix it up and always pushed to get the Codex back. Thanks for all the fights.

Tiiga, I never really got the better of you, man assassins tank well when I was thirsting using two maces I had so much trouble hitting you. Trance?

Golthazar, damn you had my number! Bloody wrathing maces! Next time ill loot those damn things for myself and use em against ya!

Outlanders:
What happened? I got title Foreign Born and the fights just stopped! I was still a dirty Duergar. Not that it bothered me if you weren't a mage I wasn't super interested anyway.

Tribunal:
Qinsa, be the Lion god damnit!

Leaden, I was never gunna get your number you used your forms and greater enlivens exceptionally well, and were always resisted to the teeth.

Nexuns:
You can breath a sigh of relief now! I think I just worked to be a rough match up for alot of you.

Fortress
Lexxi, thanks for the fights
Gulrom, how the hell you were MANGLING, ***DEMO*** through rager resist and bard resist is beyond me. Holy hell you hit hard. Took me a while to figure out that when you see ligtning strikes just run away and yell "Cool off". Tough as hell was sad to see you go.

Scarab
Abradabra, I replied to you seperately.

At the start of August I will most likely be heading to Europe to represent Australia one last time in a Kayaking discipline. Then holidays in America for a month in September New York and San Fran. So if anyone wants a free beer or two let me know. I have no idea what to play next but I am sure there will be something along the way soon, if I can face the reality of either auto-deleting while away or having to delete before I go away.

Gwildaththea (Anonymous)Wed 04-May-16 10:31 PM
Charter member
#127919, "You were too tough to try to take on"
In response to Reply #4

I've tried everything, protection + stone skin + aura + shield with full set of protective herbs and good pets did diddly squat (mauls-MUT on Sunray, next to nothing in melee) while I was hammered into the ground fast. I've also tried a good mix of herbs, full moon and start with the hunt route. Same result. Plus the time or two when I caught you hurt or with someone else, you'd just run to the D as I've never seen you far from the Village Circle. Thus I mostly gave up on trying. I'm not sure why, but duergar mace ragers really had my number no matter what I tried. (Yes, I do have boneshatter covered).

You seemed to stick it out against imperials even against odds, so props for that and I also left you alone because of that, with the horde on and us two I'd rather not fight you even if it's a bit OOC.

Other than that, unfortunately our interactions were extremely limited, but what I saw was good and you seemed to take good care of the cabal, so GLWYN! Roll something in Outlander that can kill Qinsa alone, if there is such a build...

JarmelWed 25-May-16 10:39 PM
375 posts
#128194, "RE: You were too tough to try to take on"
In response to Reply #7

You had me at "You were to tough".

It was a bit tongue in cheek, just seemed like Outlanders were in a bit of a funk, the timing of it just aligned with the slick title Dest gave me.

As for Qinsa well that idea is out the window now.

GraatchThu 05-May-16 03:50 PM
Member since 14th Apr 2010
167 posts
#127922, "RE: Phew! What a ride!"
In response to Reply #4

>At the start of August I will most likely be heading to Europe
>to represent Australia one last time in a Kayaking discipline.
>Then holidays in America for a month in September New York and
>San Fran. So if anyone wants a free beer or two let me know. I
>have no idea what to play next but I am sure there will be
>something along the way soon, if I can face the reality of
>either auto-deleting while away or having to delete before I
>go away.

Dude, I remember standing at the top of the masters' tower and mana transferring to your big dumb fire giant so you could do something, I don't even remember what. That's gotta be what, '97? '98? Good times.

I write because if you're going to be in New York City, then yes, we can have some adult beverages indeed. When we get closer post up and we'll figure something out. Until then, good luck in your upcoming competition.

JarmelWed 25-May-16 10:40 PM
375 posts
#128195, "RE: Phew! What a ride!"
In response to Reply #8

I remember your fragile little elf!

I will PM you in a couple of weeks once a few things have been confirmed. But should be in NY for about 2 week mid September.

Hallanaphas (Anonymous)Fri 06-May-16 11:53 AM
Charter member
#127927, "RE: Phew! What a ride!"
In response to Reply #4

Thanks for the induct. Sorry I had to cut that part out. Something came up right at the end and I was in dire need of logging out - which is why my RP probably seemed kind of lacking. I thought it was a rather good RP session for an induction too from your part.

I liked your PBF. It's neat to see someone get the recognition you did for being a well RP'd long lived character. Even one that flew under the radar for awhile and ended up surprising people.

Our subsequent interactions were always great. I can see you deserved that recognition. Well played.

JarmelWed 25-May-16 10:42 PM
375 posts
#128196, "RE: Phew! What a ride!"
In response to Reply #9

Thanks for the kind words!

Keep on truckin!

Will save the rest for when you kick the bucket!

Llathe (Anonymous)Fri 06-May-16 12:15 PM
Charter member
#127928, "thumbs up"
In response to Reply #4

Solid, consistent character. It was a pleasure!

I had no idea that you were so close to age death, I thought I'd have some more time to win my wager with Jormyr.

JarmelWed 25-May-16 10:43 PM
375 posts
#128197, "RE: thumbs up"
In response to Reply #10

To be honest I was close to everything. Age death con death.

I was going to do one last thing with you but alas that wasnt to be.

Ild (Anonymous)Fri 06-May-16 01:03 PM
Charter member
#127929, "RE: Phew! What a ride!"
In response to Reply #4

Disappointed! Ild was happiest when you were on. Wish I could have been around more recently. Good job as Drillmaster and Commander. You'll be missed.

Now, I'll have to up my efforts to get Galadon renamed Sekopville.

Good travels and GLWYN.

Ild

JarmelWed 25-May-16 10:44 PM
375 posts
#128198, "RE: Phew! What a ride!"
In response to Reply #11

I really enjoyed our interactions. You were a big part of Sek life, enjoyed every moment.

Darvoderis (Anonymous)Sun 08-May-16 02:01 AM
Charter member
#127937, "RE: Phew! What a ride!"
In response to Reply #4

I liked Sekope and enjoyed our fights. Even though I am pretty sure you won more than I did, they always felt like they had the potential to go either way, which is what keeps things interesting. The times we managed to get the head, I knew you were going to keep coming for it until you got it back, and you pretty much always succeeded even if it meant a few deaths in the process.

I was one of the complainers about the Tahren thing. My biggest beef with it was if you took and item and used it, I had a chance to get it back from you. If you took it and sacced it, I could go re-gather it. If you gave it to Tahren, chances were someone else would beat me to it when the game rebooted unless I just happened to be around when it did.

JarmelWed 25-May-16 10:48 PM
375 posts
#128199, "RE: Phew! What a ride!"
In response to Reply #12

To be honest, it wasn't until I tried to get stuff I had put in the veil back again to feed it across a reboot that I realized that stuff couldn't be gotten back. That was at the 500+ hr mark, by then I was to far set in my ways. I know at times you really struggled and as a player I was "#### this guy is gunna delete" I am really glad you kept going.

For what its worth now that I am the wiser (and well know where to find stuff for the veil) if I could do it over my approach would have been far different.

Cant say enough solid effort on your behalf.

Woldgar (Anonymous)Mon 09-May-16 06:33 AM
Charter member
#127940, "RE: Phew! What a ride!"
In response to Reply #4
Edited on Mon 09-May-16 06:35 AM

Thank you very much for the talk early in Woldgar's life.
I was very disheartened and close to deleting. I think being a
village applicant before level 25 when you get truesight is such
a target and you can not help but eat many deaths. You inspired
me to stick at it and I did eventually gain entry to the Village and
build a hut. I feel Sekope was a well played villager.

PS
good to hear you are a fellow Australian
go Aussies!

JarmelWed 25-May-16 10:52 PM
375 posts
#128201, "RE: Phew! What a ride!"
In response to Reply #13

Glad I could help. It was obvious to me you were at the edge of giving up. But at that point we had quite a good role-play session.

All the best.

Laeden Leech (Anonymous)Tue 10-May-16 03:32 AM
Charter member
#127951, "You were kinda nice. Not very duergar-y :P"
In response to Reply #4

Very different dynamic from what we had as Kowelu & Kregan.

Mildly sorry for tormenting you but eh, the only good villager is a dead one and thus I was making you better! And you usually had enough buddies to still make my life difficult. Not saying you ganged or whatever; I wasn't paying attention, and we were at war after all.

In fact, I thought the whole point of that war was so that you guys had an excuse to gang. Thus I, too, decided I have the moral right to help myself to some cheap kills using my lieutenants. It's funny how the leaders clash and then the regulars have to endure the drawbacks.

"War is where the young and stupid are tricked by the old and bitter into killing each other."

I am not aware of how you handled your Tribunal relations in your time as Commander.

Insert appropriate generic hate words for the Battle cabal.
Cheers.

JarmelWed 25-May-16 10:50 PM
375 posts
#128200, "RE: You were kinda nice. Not very duergar-y :P"
In response to Reply #14

Not very duergar-y ... is a fair assessment.

Fighting you was just an effort of frustration. You used your forms really well, and that damned camel!

Insert appropriate words on how Battle is Awesome

Varnon (Anonymous)Fri 10-Jun-16 10:40 AM
Charter member
#128344, "RE: Phew! What a ride!"
In response to Reply #4

Well done. Some characters when you interview them for induction you just know will be good.

You were one of them.

GLWYN.

JormyrWed 04-May-16 06:07 PM
Member since 31st Dec 2014
419 posts
#127911, "Damned son of a...!"
In response to Reply #0

You know how many times I stuck around watching you to try and be there when you died off? I shoulda just dropped that barge on you.

Really quite under the radar for the first few hundred hours. I sort of noted you as a guy that seemed to have your head on, but otherwise you weren't one of my kids so I mostly left you to your own devices. Then I noticed Destuvius' praise, and figured I should keep a closer eye.

When Torzen vanished, you stepped right in and took charge, and I had been considering swapping your two positions when he pulled the trigger and deleted. Given your age & con, and your longevity over the more recent crop of ragers, I figured you deserved your shot at the position.

Overall, the only two complaints I can level your way were that you never stuck me as exceptionally evil...but that's often a sacrifice of roleplay for the sake of everyone's gameplay fun, and it's hard to do both well. Secondly, holy hell did you take forever picking a Drillmaster. I was sorely tempted to either pick one for you, or tell you never mind and let you run solo 'til the Rites.

Short version: Well done.

PS. I won the bet, and I didn't even have to cheat, Llathe!

JarmelWed 04-May-16 07:38 PM
375 posts
#127914, "RE: Damned son of a...!"
In response to Reply #3

Jormyr,

Thank you for everything!
- The opportunity at Drillmaster and Commander
- The little nudges at chats I had my moments of uncertainty on a few things you helped alot
- A couple of interactions that just made things that little bit cooler even when I died like a chump!
- I agree what you said on being evil, I more took Duergar because the picture I have in my head fits that body builder type better.

Sorry I took so long picking DM, like I said in my farewell I should have just put the names in a hat!

I thought you were a great presence for the village.

PS I am surprised Llathe didn't win, I gave em a couple more opportunities .

Once again Thanks!

Abra (Anonymous)Wed 04-May-16 01:21 PM
Charter member
#127909, "Well done"
In response to Reply #0

Out of hundreds of sleep attempts managed zero times. Out of hundreds of summon attempts managed once. Didn't see you using a lot of svs eq, and I've thinned veil into nothing before - how did you do it? I've almost believed in some conspiracy, where you was buffed - or that I was nerfed somehow. Well done, that counterraid of you was just ridiculous. Anyways, enjoyed those fights, you bunny! Good luck with your next

JarmelWed 04-May-16 07:44 PM
375 posts
#127915, "RE: Well done"
In response to Reply #2

I cannot believe how that fight played out. When I first tried for the head from Scarab I gave myself two choices death or getting it back. I certainly had the devils luck. For what its worth I had about -80 saves warcry, three bits of pwent and few other save items goes a long way. I was also coming at you beserked, you landed the sleep atleast once but berserk kept me going! I cannot believe that through all that you managed to summon me when I had spellbane back! Damnit!

I still remember my first encounter with you. There was no way in hell I was going to stick that out. You had summoned a gauntlet of like 20 mobs to run through on Eastern, there was no way in hell I was going to thirst. But instead tried to get you away and fight you elsewhere so I had a couple other options.

BemusedWed 04-May-16 09:58 AM
Member since 15th Oct 2013
663 posts
#127908, "Well Played Dude (nt)"
In response to Reply #0

nt

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #127907 Previous topic | Next topic