Subject: "(AGE DEATH) [BATTLE] Salyeris Nimkerta the Strummer of ..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #110886
Show all folders

Death_AngelWed 12-Sep-12 10:40 PM
Member since 24th Apr 2024
16806 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#110886, "(AGE DEATH) [BATTLE] Salyeris Nimkerta the Strummer of Mahogany Heartstrings, Betrayer of Evermoon, Commander of Battle"

Wed Sep 12 20:39:42 2012

At 5 o'clock AM, Day of the Bull, 15th of the Month of the Shadows
on the Theran calendar Salyeris perished, never to return.

Race:wood-elf
Class:bard
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:990

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply As Llonevia, CD, 16-Sep-12 04:32 PM, #59
Reply RE: As Llonevia, lasentia, 17-Sep-12 09:54 AM, #62
Reply Much Respect, Cainargen (Anonymous), 14-Sep-12 11:59 AM, #47
Reply RE: Much Respect, lasentia, 14-Sep-12 01:53 PM, #52
Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [BATTLE] Salyeris Nimkerta the Strummer..., The-me, 13-Sep-12 11:06 AM, #27
Reply Glad you enjoyed the char, lasentia, 13-Sep-12 12:37 PM, #35
     Reply RE: Glad you enjoyed the char, The-me, 13-Sep-12 04:48 PM, #41
Reply A Few Final Thoughts, Salyeris (Anonymous), 13-Sep-12 07:27 AM, #6
Reply Loved...then hated, Rayihn, 13-Sep-12 07:43 AM, #7
Reply That was the last bard, lasentia, 13-Sep-12 08:53 AM, #11
Reply RE: A Few Final Thoughts, orangepowered, 13-Sep-12 08:28 AM, #8
Reply You were tough as hell, lasentia, 13-Sep-12 09:03 AM, #14
     Reply RE: You were tough as hell, orangepowered, 13-Sep-12 01:41 PM, #39
Reply Goodbyes, Salyeris (Anonymous), 13-Sep-12 08:54 AM, #9
Reply Zameida loved her some Salyeris!, Zameida (Anonymous), 13-Sep-12 09:59 AM, #20
Reply As much as I could like a mage, lasentia, 13-Sep-12 10:04 AM, #22
Reply *grunt* Krunk is best. Dat right., KrunkTheOrc (Anonymous), 13-Sep-12 10:49 AM, #25
Reply The best orc at least :), lasentia, 13-Sep-12 12:22 PM, #31
     Reply Interested in these:, KrunkTheOrc (Anonymous), 24-Sep-12 01:21 PM, #70
          Reply Not really, lasentia, 24-Sep-12 08:40 PM, #71
Reply Thank you!, Narissorin,,,. (Anonymous), 13-Sep-12 11:03 AM, #26
Reply Just tell me you didn't take stonehearted, lasentia, 13-Sep-12 12:28 PM, #33
Reply Forgot me., Kontoln (Anonymous), 13-Sep-12 11:45 AM, #30
Reply Nah, I said that IC, lasentia, 13-Sep-12 12:25 PM, #32
     Reply More to say when I die., kontoln3 (Anonymous), 13-Sep-12 01:46 PM, #40
Reply Damn, I wish we had more time., Abiritha (Anonymous), 13-Sep-12 01:18 PM, #37
Reply RE: Damn, I wish we had more time., lasentia, 14-Sep-12 01:51 PM, #51
Reply Thanks for the compliment, Whiysdan, 13-Sep-12 01:33 PM, #38
Reply So long, Treyliu (Anonymous), 13-Sep-12 06:05 PM, #42
Reply RE: Goodbyes, Kelarin, 13-Sep-12 09:28 PM, #43
Reply RE: Goodbyes, lasentia, 13-Sep-12 10:34 PM, #45
Reply RE: Goodbyes, Bell (NOT Oryntohr), 13-Sep-12 10:12 PM, #44
Reply RE: Goodbyes, lasentia, 14-Sep-12 01:47 PM, #50
Reply Frustrating but necessary, Perr (Anonymous), 14-Sep-12 10:30 AM, #46
Reply That was one of my favorite fights in 990 hours., lasentia, 14-Sep-12 01:46 PM, #49
Reply RE: Goodbyes, Mylene (Anonymous), 14-Sep-12 01:37 PM, #48
Reply RE: Goodbyes, lasentia, 14-Sep-12 02:05 PM, #53
Reply Why would you stand around holding hands with Nexuns?, Namric (Anonymous), 14-Sep-12 02:26 PM, #54
Reply That's perfectly fine., lasentia, 14-Sep-12 03:26 PM, #55
Reply You were a huge part in the shaping of Iklahn, Iklahn (Anonymous), 14-Sep-12 05:12 PM, #56
Reply RE: You were a huge part in the shaping of Iklahn, lasentia, 14-Sep-12 05:30 PM, #57
Reply RE: Goodbyes, balete (Anonymous), 15-Sep-12 11:33 PM, #58
Reply Goodbye Old Friend, Neltouda, 16-Sep-12 08:17 PM, #60
Reply A bit of insight into the player re: the late chapters ..., lasentia, 17-Sep-12 09:38 AM, #61
     Reply Regarding that comment about showing again because the ..., Iklahn (Anonymous), 17-Sep-12 04:33 PM, #65
          Reply RE: Regarding that comment about showing again because ..., lasentia, 17-Sep-12 05:18 PM, #66
Reply RE: Goodbyes, Iunna, 17-Sep-12 10:34 AM, #63
Reply RE: Goodbyes, lasentia, 17-Sep-12 10:56 AM, #64
Reply You scoundrel! You will be missed., Ziruanja (Anonymous), 17-Sep-12 08:43 PM, #67
Reply RE: Goodbyes, Fjarn, 19-Sep-12 06:40 AM, #68
     Reply Means a lot to me to hear that from you., lasentia, 20-Sep-12 10:51 AM, #69
Reply RE: A Few Final Thoughts, Daevryn, 13-Sep-12 08:50 AM, #10
Reply It's shaken., lasentia, 13-Sep-12 09:01 AM, #12
Reply Absolutely one of my favorite characters of all time., Mauz (Anonymous), 13-Sep-12 09:03 AM, #13
Reply Mauz was simply stellar., lasentia, 13-Sep-12 09:13 AM, #15
Reply RE: A Few Final Thoughts, ghafler (Anonymous), 13-Sep-12 10:22 AM, #24
Reply Thanks, lasentia, 13-Sep-12 12:37 PM, #36
Reply We think the same..., TMNS, 13-Sep-12 11:09 AM, #28
Reply Well that was fun., Salyeris (Anonymous), 12-Sep-12 11:07 PM, #2
Reply Watched you as two characters. Was impressed both time..., TMNS, 12-Sep-12 11:43 PM, #3
Reply Thanks, lasentia, 13-Sep-12 09:25 AM, #18
     Reply I knew it was you., Mauz (Anonymous), 13-Sep-12 09:34 AM, #19
          Reply RE: I knew it was you., lasentia, 13-Sep-12 10:09 AM, #23
Reply RE: Well that was fun., Ezgrint (Anonymous), 13-Sep-12 01:58 AM, #4
Reply Ha., lasentia, 13-Sep-12 09:20 AM, #17
     Reply You hit an unkillable fiend on me once too :(, TMNS, 13-Sep-12 11:11 AM, #29
          Reply Ezgrint fought his for days, lasentia, 13-Sep-12 12:33 PM, #34
Reply RE: Well that was fun., Fenarum (Anonymous), 13-Sep-12 06:33 AM, #5
     Reply RE: Well that was fun., lasentia, 13-Sep-12 09:17 AM, #16
Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [BATTLE] Salyeris Nimkerta the Strummer..., Inerayo (Anonymous), 12-Sep-12 10:58 PM, #1
     Reply Thanks, lasentia, 13-Sep-12 10:01 AM, #21

CDSun 16-Sep-12 04:32 PM
Member since 05th Jul 2012
277 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#111016, "As Llonevia"
In response to Reply #0

I was curious why you used your warrant status in my AM hours to walk into Galadon when no mages were even present or logged on. This happened multiple times. I was duty bound to come manacle you which resulted in me being slept and fiended. The entire situation was unnecessary. Yet it replayed itself several times.

On top of this there was the issue with Szzilizi who made near ooc threats after his dismal display of ganging alonside Balete to raid the spire against non-mages because he was marked by a lowbie mage who marked him. This occured not once but for the duration of a realtime hour.

lasentiaMon 17-Sep-12 09:54 AM
Member since 27th Apr 2010
987 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#111053, "RE: As Llonevia"
In response to Reply #59

I'm sorry, I can't really recall who LLonevia was well enough (or the incident) to give you a specific answer.

My guess is you either harassed me, or harassed one of the Battleragers at the village sometime, maybe when we were defending. I am guessing you did this while a battlerager was wanted- seems you were a ranger trib? Salyeris would make a point that if anyone came hunting or interfering with us because we were criminals, we would come for you in return (one death and the matter was settled). Unless you were the vindicator or provost, Salyeris did not see it as a magistrate's duty to hunt criminals. You can't come to the ruins, skirmish with us (especially if we have an item and may be in a prolonged defense), then sit in the cities and think everything is fine and they'll let it go.

I don't recall running to any city to strike non-mage tribunals as a habit ever. If mages were around, that was different. That said, I would strike non enemies on rare occassion if there was a reason I saw first hand to do so, and one thing she did not care for was anyone aiding our enemies in anyway, even if it was a trib coming to hunt criminals. If I struck your character, I'm guessing that was the reason why. Sorry I guess?

Szzilizi was not my char, not sure what you would like me to say on that. If you're saying why didn't I boot him? I'd just say I'd need proof, not just words.

Cainargen (Anonymous)Fri 14-Sep-12 11:59 AM
Charter member
#110973, "Much Respect"
In response to Reply #0

I enjoyed the opportunity to travel with you. I definitely got the whole rp-conflict between evil neutral vibe. For a while I thought you were just super quiet, but I started to feel the depth more as our interactions progressed. It picked up once Kelarin left, and I thought we had a good dynamic.

I suspected that you were a little anti-wood elf, but i thought maybe you'd picked Abir for different playtimes or whatnot, but no hard feelings there.

GLWYN - Village could always use a few good men.

Cain

lasentiaFri 14-Sep-12 01:53 PM
987 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#110978, "RE: Much Respect"
In response to Reply #47

Glad you picked up on it to a degree. Betrayer of Evermoon, yeah, I was no lover of wood elves by the end.

Keep on being a strong force out there for the ragers.

The-meThu 13-Sep-12 11:06 AM
Member since 14th Jun 2011
333 posts
#110936, "RE: (AGE DEATH) [BATTLE] Salyeris Nimkerta the Strummer..."
In response to Reply #0

Enemy, Commander, reluctant allies, so many different facets to the character that give the image of intense depth. I'm really looking forward to the role, and to see how many times you got me over various incarnations. I could tell pretty much straight off who you were and I dont think it was much of a surprise to anyone lol. However it was a fresh persona, I digged the more evil vibe as time went on, battle hardened and some what callous, with Kharrik we had some brutal times and lots of noobish villagers learning the ropes, so over time it was more of a shrug when someone burned through fast. Seeing how well you did makes me cringe at what you could have done with Harmonious equilibrium, *cough aber* in our fights or when we were fighting side by side I was always pleasantly surprised by your variety of tactics, and it added to the cunning war leader image. Oh yes and your fiends were horrible GLWYN - I hear battle is short a bard.

lasentiaThu 13-Sep-12 12:37 PM
987 posts
#110948, "Glad you enjoyed the char"
In response to Reply #27

Long lived chars have a flaw in that people as players get to know them well, and so it's hard to not come across as stale after all that time.

No battle bard is getting that legacy, that would just have been insane.

See you in the fields.

The-meThu 13-Sep-12 04:48 PM
Member since 14th Jun 2011
333 posts
#110960, "RE: Glad you enjoyed the char"
In response to Reply #35

An applicant had it once, from a role contest win, but he deleted before induction.. Also I managed to time it quite well each character that interacted with you saw a different side, so I got a complete feel for the character. Actually super sad to see you go

Salyeris (Anonymous)Thu 13-Sep-12 07:27 AM
Charter member
#110901, "A Few Final Thoughts"
In response to Reply #0

On the Character:
Ultimately I rolled the character to see if i could make a battle character that was highly effective against all mages. I think I managed to hold my own against most of them, with a few notable exceptions like the chancellor and Nabigah completely shredded me and others like we were nothing. An overwhelming number of my deaths came to a few people (I'll mention them on goodbyes) But I'll say, village bard (unless you go arial) is so vuln-gang via trip & bash that I thought I would con die in a few hundred hours at most. Ultimately that was the big weakness of the char, a bard scout just can't be a balls out strike anything char, cause they just lose pathetically. Turned out I did very well in solo fights, but in any 2 v. 1 I would almost always die when people alternated lag commands unless evade saved me. Just how it goes, but it is certainly frustrating to just watch fights go by and know you really can't do anything in the fight but die. That's the price you pay for going Battle though, and so even if I said anything to a char, really, I don't expect people to not do it. Salyeris was a lot harder to fight for people if they tried alone I feel like and I ended up having 100s of awesome fights with people that got my heart pounding.

On the Rites and Drillmasters:
I was shocked I got named actually, and I actually only entered them because I heard they are awesome and I just wanted to see them. (this is my second villager- my first got wiped during the purge) Thror did an amazing job running them and it was every bit as fun as I hoped. I think anyone who plays CF should experience them once, so I am glad I finally got to. I envisioned things going slightly differently, and had no idea at the time I was named I would end up naming four Drillmasters in my time as Commander. I didn't name Xazzax for strict RP reasons and so Iepnier was my DM (Thror gave me a choice, Xazzax or Iepnier, for DM during the Rites- if I could have selected anyone it would have been Mauz actually) when he died, I passed over Xazzax again for Caitlyan- and it was great having Caitlyan as a DM and running around with a Twist mortal for the first time was genuinely awesome. Kelarin and Abiritha were also RP driven choices, Abiritha being basically the culmination of Salyeris's own acknowlement of what she was- more drow than wood elf because of what the toils of life, war and her past had done to her. She hated drow initially, and ultimately she was almost one of them. I just suck at Drow RP though, so I probably was not always getting that across enough, but if she seemed harsher later on, that's why.

On being Commander:
I looked to some past chars I really respected to inform how to run the cabal (cause I had no clue) in regards to other cabals and enemies. Woldrun, Borkahd, Knacnar and Akedeh were all recent exemplary villagers that I saw in my years of CF. So I would think, what would they do?. As I saw it, it's pretty simple. Kill mages. Kill scions. Kill Islanders. Akedeh had a very unique take on things, and I did not simply want to keep them going. Salyeris did not hate magic like most Battleragers after all and so killing a bunch of fort people on account of Eachainn just did not make sense to her, especially since killing Eachainn was still highly unlikely to occur and we'd just end up spam killing fort warriors and such. My view was the rest of Thera is not worth a battlerager focusing on. However, if a mage was hiding in a cabal, the villagers could go in and kill them, they simply could not place items with the destructor. (Caitlyan and I really sort of abused the tribunal mages with this for a while- good times) I declared war on empire my first day saying I would end it if Eleagra was removed because she was always raiding the village. She was, and that was the end of the war, and they formed their basic perma group and killed the crap out of me for it. Later on lots of people wanted a war with empire, but I just saw empire as having low numbers and really not a lot of mages. If imperials bothered you and you could not handle yourself as a Battlerager, that was your problem, but I was not going to declare war over it. I might have started another war when Cabakso was named, but I knew I was so close to dying that I figured that would be something for the next Commander to decide.

I also never burned one person's hut, there were a few I should have, but that's the past so need to go into that here. It is just because it is not my style to do that to people, not that these chars did not deserve it. That was why I always thought I was too soft to be commander, because basically my OOC ideas kept me from doing the right thing IC in regards to cabal booting. If I had any major flaw as a Commander in regards to handling the battleragers, that was it.

I set up a policy that battleragers needed to get ten mage kills total before their 31st title (If any asked for more time I gave it to them though) for one reason. At one point I looked and saw that pretty much no villager had any mage kills outside of myself. People joined, ranked, and then just died all the time. The policy was meant to get people hunting more and less concerned with powering to hero. I figured they should get used to PKing with their char for a bit before rushing to hero. I'm sorry to any mages if any battlerager multi-killed people or such in an effort to meet the goal, but I do think the policy has paid off as at my last look the village had more people than I can count that had a decent amount of mage kills.

Lastly, lots of Battleragers and enemies bitched to me about things I did, or that our enemies did to them, or that we did to them and my response was always pretty much What do you expect, you're a Battlerager, suck it up and keep going. I tried to dissuade ganging outside of raids & defenses, but I didn't think one instance was the end of the world either. Parity and all that is for a Battlerager to use to measure their own worth, it is not a tool for our enemies to use against us. As the char became really old, grizzled, and slightly evil (I took an align hit I believe) she became more like a drow- which was sort of intentional given her role. Generally speaking though, I tried to be polite and listen to anyone who had anything to say to me though and I hope I didn't let anyone down there. It's tiring work being Commander- if only for the amount of people you get talking to you about things and sometimes I just got burned out or flat out missed people telling me things.

On Char perks
I don't think I got many complaints about me being over rewarded or anything. I also feel like not a lot of people really feared me, which worked out well for me since people came to me for fights more often than I went to them. However, characters that age to gain perks just through edges and stuff, and so you can imagine I had a few by the end (28 edges I think I died with, non imm-given that I recall- I ended up taking some just because I wanted to see what they did), and that brings a lot of advantages compared to someone that is 100 hours. I did win an RC, for which I got Battlecry (works just like warcry with the same timer- except it can be done out of combat and can deafen anything in the room (even out of pk people which I bug boarded) for a 0 hour tick) and 2 con. I was also given a custom instrument and got a tattoo- even though this char was not a priest or even a direct follower. Neltouda and Salyeris just hit it off RP wise and the natural progression led to those things. I'll mention more in goodbyes on that. I think that was it in terms of perks, which, over 990 hours, is really not all that much. I was happy for everything I got though, and personally I would have been happy with just the 2 con for the RC win- battlecry was just a little perk

I'm sure there is more I could write, and I'll answer any questions or such, but I'm not going to engage in any debates about village practices or policies here since the village is a cabal that lots of people have very differing views on. I'll just say I led the village as I thought it should be led and tried my best to make the game more enjoyable for friends and enemies alike.

I imagine I died more with this char than I have any other too, which was nice. People were generally all class with me and treated my char with a degree of respect I was surprised to find, and I tried to show them the same to people, even if there were a few who really got under my skin at times.

RayihnThu 13-Sep-12 07:43 AM
Member since 08th Oct 2006
1147 posts
#110902, "Loved...then hated"
In response to Reply #6

I'll admit it, I have negative stuff in your history. I know, you're shocked! I just spent so much time watching Saly due to her connections with people close to Rayihn that I saw a lot of good and some bad. Towards the end, when you made your clear RP choice towards evil, I'll admit I was kind of annoyed. I'd been rooting for a happy ending for you, and you turned the character into something that would never accept a happily ever after. It was an interesting choice, but the entire time I saw it happening I kept thinking "How can this possibly be FUN to RP?" Still, fun is pretty relative, and if you had fun with it I'll say cheers and excellent work.

So! Good luck on your next, try and play something that isn't a bard, hm?

lasentiaThu 13-Sep-12 08:53 AM
987 posts
#110907, "That was the last bard"
In response to Reply #7

And yes, I'd expect negative stuff in there, I don't mind at all. I don't play flawless characters, not even remotely close. I had lots of slip ups and bad moments right up until the end. Battle just brings out a lot of frustrations when you're getting stomped on which I was not prepared for after the last bard, and I appreciated you taking me aside and trying to set me straight. How you Imms deal with it I don't know, cause even being a cabal leader is just really taxing. Sorry I sent a guy to ask Baer for training by the way.

If Iklahn had chosen Salyeris over Island maybe it would have worked, or if you had selected a village wood elf bard as a suitor maybe. I sort of stated my thoughts in the goodbyes though. I did have fun, and Salyeris was raised among drow and spent a life living in bloodshed and death. Evil just seemed more natural and in line with the char, which I understand is not really a natural thing to RP out, a char that really doesn't have any chance of a happy ending. It was nice to be the bad guy for a change though.

I promise, no more bards for me ever again- the class is too familiar now and it plays on autopilot. I just wanted to see how rough battle bard really was cause I had a notion it would be terrible and it was surprisingly decent, at least against mages.

orangepoweredThu 13-Sep-12 08:28 AM
Member since 29th Jun 2011
347 posts
#110904, "RE: A Few Final Thoughts"
In response to Reply #6

Just going to say I loved fighting and talking to you as Darikir, it was generally a highlight of my day. I guess I must have missed the drow side of you.

lasentiaThu 13-Sep-12 09:03 AM
987 posts
#110911, "You were tough as hell"
In response to Reply #8

I bitched about you a lot to the battleragers because you gave me fits just as you did so many others. Pretty much what enemies saw from me and what my cabal mates saw from me were generally very different though, and also if I was having a good day or bad

I generally enjoyed Darikir though, reminded me of Zenze from when I was on that side of the fence.

orangepoweredThu 13-Sep-12 01:41 PM
Member since 29th Jun 2011
347 posts
#110954, "RE: You were tough as hell"
In response to Reply #14

Zenze seemed more murder all when I was around him, I was around the Allysia/Zenze era with some random cloud giant sword spec that did not do very well. I suppose what it came down to is that I would actually make friends among enemies and warn them when I am coming, and I never saw a nice side to Zenze like that.

Salyeris (Anonymous)Thu 13-Sep-12 08:39 AM
Charter member
#110905, "Goodbyes"
In response to Reply #6
Edited on Thu 13-Sep-12 08:54 AM

I tried to say farewell to people as they went, so I'll limit this to actives. 990 hours is way too long to hit all the great characters I met.

Imms:
Thror: It was hard to live up to the standards I saw set by the greats in the past, and being a bard scout I always regretted that I could not be a guy that could "let them drop" so to speak in a fight, since that univerally meant I died. I tried to fight with what my skillset afforded me, which unfortunately is not charge in, thirst, and take a few bastards with me. I always felt like you expected a lot, and I tried to do what I could to keep the village on the right track. I just wanted you to know I appreciated you giving me the chance.

Neltouda: I was shocked to see you recruit me into the crew so to speak, I was sphere death after all, but you played a huge RP part of my char with the curse breaking, and everything that happened afterward. I imagine you also expected a bit more from me later on, but a 2 week vacation and limited playtimes sort of knocked me off course and threw some things off with the RP things going on. I hope I did the religion proud in my own odd way though, and I really was more concerned with Neltouda's welfare than my own as Salyeris, you were basically a mother figure to her and a part of her family. Glad you finally took sphere spirit

Fjarn: I know you're around more often than people know, and I like that there's this watchful god out there that lets things go, but will step in when there is a reason. Hope to see you again some time in the fields.

Iunna: I love what you're doing for Battle and I'm really glad to see you taking control of things. Not sure I was the best Commander in your eyes, hell, even in mine I had a lot of faults, but thanks for being around and keeping things fun. I should have booted Vaslin instead of letting it get where it went, sorry about that.

Rayihn: Not all matches are meant to be. Salyeris was not going to sit back and wait for Iklahn to take control of things, or play second fiddle to the Island in any way though. So I did what I did via role just to sort of move the story along. I hope that was not too much bad form on my part, and I did have a lot of fun fights with Xasivus because of it. It was sort of nice being scorned by an Imm though.

Marcatis: Fighting you in the village was awesome, only cause you let it happen instead of just slaughtering me. Thanks for that.

Whiysdan: I knew I would not make the tournament, but still, I wonder where you might have seeded me if I had. Otherwise enjoyed the times I got to hang around and watch you in action, was a true pleasure to witness what you do out there with imm interactions.

Zulgh & Daev and the rest: Thanks for being great assets to CF and for all the hardwork you've put into this game. It does not go unnoticed or unappreciated.

Battle: I hope you all enjoyed playing in the cabal with me as much as I did you. I had an absolute blast, and I certainly see the draw of the cabal. So long as you accept you're going to die a lot, battle is a great cabal. I imagine another bard will come someday, but I think you are all doing so well any way that I won't be missed in the least.

Uhgtohg: You go first, because damn could you make me laugh. I love the duerg RP, and listening to your banter with others was great. Certainly skilled and ballsy, a first rate battlerager in my opinion.

Cainargen: Sorry you did not make DM, but I just had a wood elf, and RP reasons made Abiritha my natural choice. Good luck in the rites, you're doing well.

Abiritha: Dug the drow RP a lot, and you were also a lot of fun. Sorry that we did not help in the ashes, but when Thror says a fight is yours, I'm not lending a hand.

Ubud: Glad you're sticking it out as a goodie, good luck out there.

Issiver: Exactly what a battle thief scout should be.

All the younger ones: The village looks to have a lot of really capable up and comers and strong heros, so I am looking forward to seeing you all in the fields again from outside the cabal.

Nexus: Too many power swings for you guys, some times you guys had massive numbers, other times down. But I had a lot of fun fighting you all, when the fights weren;t one sided one way or the other at least.

Iklahn: Seemed like frustration was really getting to you at the end, but I did have a lot of fun times with you. However, Salyeris knew where your loyalty was (and it was to the Island), and it was never going to be enough for her so things went down the RP course they went because of it. When it started I was not sure what would happen, but ultimatley I think it worked out for the best. Think what you like of course, but she did like you even to the last day.

Mylene: Duo just makes people not as much a part of the game, but then again, you were completely harmless to me so I can understand. mage v. villagers is just not easy, glad you're sticking it out.

Treyliu: I knew I was age dying soon and the gear would be purged anyway, so I did not care about the loot in that last death. I just wish I did not have the lag spike, I stacked in four commands when it hit and just hoped for the best, and then saw I was dead. Was a fun fight though, would have enjoyed to be coherent for it all and maybe make it a bit better. We had a lot of good tussels though.

Drirla: Air Offense. Yawn. At least you did come a few times alone, which you should, cause you've got potential with that lion form.

Scions: Meh. Hard not to like most of you guys.
Narissorin: Absolute favorite. I generally hate air offense shifters, and on a scion it's almost cliche. But you seem to pull it off in an evil charismatic way that makes your character really stand out from random air/offense murder alls and I really found myself liking your character. You were certainly one of the only solo threats to me that I openly admitted.

Zameida: Rule one of fighting scion water form, be careful on water Lots of fights, but you were generally clever enough and tough enough by the end to stalemate me or make me run most every time. Was nice to see the improvement in that regard, keep on having fun out there without me.

Drekvah: You're a lich, I expected to see a bit more ass kicking out of you but I imagine you're sitll on the upswing. I do think seeing you later on would be fun though.

Trib: Sorry to all of you, but damn, mages seem to love that cabal to the point I think I was a criminal all the time my last 400 hours.

Ziruanja: I really really hated fighting you because one of my big things with Salyeris was don't go to town wanted to force fights with non mages. But if there was a mage, well, had to go for it. You would have killed me that last time in bramblefield, but you worded instead. I had about 200 hp when I fiended you. And I had to sleep you to save that 2nd applicant's life at the end there, you knew I was going to do it.

Perr: Sorry that I appeared to just come around to galadon to pick fights with you. Invoker v. bard scout, bard scout will win 95% of the time, more so when it's an old ass char like Salyeris. But you stuck it out without complaint and that's commendable in my book. You and the shifter had my heart pounding when you came into the sewers though, that ended up being a great fight.

Empire: I pretty much had nothing to do with any of you, I sort of let the cabals coexist while still killing each other. There was never a peace, just a imperials are not mages, so don't kill them policy going on.

Alannah: Thanks for the business deals and the chats, I was happy to have a person to just BS with.

Shamans: Lots of fun people there, with some good RP going. 5 base con, how I hated rot.

Outlander: Fun times with the mages, but otherwise didn;t see much of you guys.

Ory: I enjoyed the chats, sorry we did not have more. I have to think you're even older than me though

Balete: I always wanted to get you, but I think you figured out most of my tricks and would not fall for them a second time so killing you was always a real challenge.

Fort: I was largely hands off with you, if I saw mages around I'd go after them, but they'd just teleport since I was neutral and they did not want to harm me.

And the best for the last, the guy who owend Salyeris every single time and has a special place in my character's memory.
KRUNK: You dirty son of a bitch! With all possible affection and love that a complete and utter victim of yours can muster. Honestly, wood elf bard villager v. bashing orc with polearm wielding giant enslave = FREE NO RISK PK. I treated you with about as much respect as I could believe it or not.

Simple fact, you would never, ever die to me solo. Too many exit strategies, too much healing ability. We both knew how our fights would end. Still, I did have fun talking to you actually. I was supposed to hate you, but come on, it's an orc, how can you not like a tough orc. The entire village pretty much wanted to gang you on sight, and I always said no, he's just an orc, you can handle him alone.

Anyway, I'll respond to any posts and sorry if I missed anyone. Keep having fun in the fields people!

Zameida (Anonymous)Thu 13-Sep-12 09:59 AM
Charter member
#110922, "Zameida loved her some Salyeris!"
In response to Reply #9

I had tons of fun fighting you! My biggest problems "early" (What? The first 300+ hours or so... heh) on were bards. Even with all sorts of protections and gear for it I was almost always screwed. I think I ate 5-6 deaths to your fiends there for a while.

Anyway, I had lots of fun fighting you and RPing with you. Real interesting, a shame we didn't get to banter more though. Kickass char of yours!

GLWYN!

lasentiaThu 13-Sep-12 10:04 AM
987 posts
#110925, "As much as I could like a mage"
In response to Reply #20

My first impression of you came at a tale telling thing in the inn. Neltouda said something to me about how twisted you were, and later on I see you as a scion.

Lots of good times and good fights. You certainly had a lot less trouble with me at the end of my char's life though.

The only drawback of shifters, less random RP while in form.

Maybe I'll be back sometime and see you still out there owning the waves.

KrunkTheOrc (Anonymous)Thu 13-Sep-12 10:49 AM
Charter member
#110934, "*grunt* Krunk is best. Dat right."
In response to Reply #9

"KRUNK: You dirty son of a bitch! With all possible affection and love that a complete and utter victim of yours can muster. Honestly, wood elf bard villager v. bashing orc with polearm wielding giant enslave = FREE NO RISK PK. I treated you with about as much respect as I could believe it or not.

Simple fact, you would never, ever die to me solo. Too many exit strategies, too much healing ability. We both knew how our fights would end. Still, I did have fun talking to you actually. I was supposed to hate you, but come on, it's an orc, how can you not like a tough orc. The entire village pretty much wanted to gang you on sight, and I always said no, he's just an orc, you can handle him alone. "

At no time did I or Krunk feel disrespected by Salyeris, and I enjoyed our banter greatly. I hope the jabs about villager behavior and warring with the village were always taken in the context they were meant, i.e. that of Krunk's unique orcish viewpoint, and not that of a player's.

That said, I don't believe this matchup is nearly as one sided as you believe it to be, nor as low risk, but I am happy to let all bards, especially elf and battle ones continuing thinking it.

Fighting an orc like Krunk requires knowing what an orc like Krunk is capable of and how to exploit the glaring weaknesses present which generally means playing an orc and dying horribly... a bunch. If you want to get out of the bard rut, orcs are a fun low investment way to go. Plus they con-die almost as fast RBW, so you won't have to pour 990 hours in

Salyeris was one of Krunk's favorites and probably number 1 on the list of villagers that caused Krunk to become hunted as well as number 1 on the favorite nemesis list as well. If I was level 42 or 41 wood-elf villager, I wouldn't go out of my way to give level 50 orc a fight either, but "hiding" (as Krunk saw it) in the rager cabal wasn't an acceptable alternative to dying to Krunk (again, as Krunk saw it). Throw in a dash of Akedah and some douchebaggery by Jerrokar and you get one orc on a mission to punt hutmen.

With you and Kelarin both gone (at least from the village), I'm sure Krunk will have a slightly easier time punting hutmen, but I'm also sure that some of the fun in that is going with Salyeris.

Good luck with whatever is next. Your presence will be missed in both the rager cabal and the one true village: Grinning Skulls

lasentiaThu 13-Sep-12 12:22 PM
987 posts
#110944, "The best orc at least :)"
In response to Reply #25

I really respect the hell out of what you have done with that char, I just wished I was playing a build that could be better able to just throw down against you instead of trying to maneuver and just survive. I hated being an easy PK for people after all.

I know you were "being Krunk" at all times which I respected and appreciated. Doesn't mean Krunk the char didn't frustrate me a few times, but that just meant you were doing a great job against me and really Krunk was easily responsible for more deaths than anything else. If anything was my bane, it was Krunk and me trying to act as a villager should and fight solo a bunch- which always ended with me dead.

There is risk in any fight, but think of it more of as orc v. elf bard- no problem. orc v. Battle bard- no problem. orc v. battle elf bard. Problem. (I actually would have loved fighting Krunk with Allysia and imagine those fights could have been far more heart pumping on both sides)

Being unable to hinder legsweep, cheap shot, bash, and cutoff meant I was not getting a lot of commands and really was not going to flee either. The complete and utter command denial in so many fights (or my first command being wasted like me hitting a direction) just made fighting you sort of bland 80% of the time. Berserk making you auto engage me was also trouble with that damnable giant, especially when he legsweeps in the first round, it was basically game over.

And it's not orcs that were a problem for me, just Krunk. You are more of an exception than the rule when it comes to orcs. I had no fear of the other orcs at all and knew I could handle myself against them, if only because I had fought the toughest orc on the block so many times. They all seemed easy comapred to you.

Keep on rolling, maybe I'll see Krunk again someday.

KrunkTheOrc (Anonymous)Mon 24-Sep-12 01:21 PM
Charter member
#111142, "Interested in these:"
In response to Reply #31

20120109183839:You land the killing blow against Salyeris.
20120110181003:You land the killing blow against Salyeris.
20120128092734:You land the killing blow against Salyeris.
20120226150729:You land the killing blow against Salyeris.
20120303111410:You land the killing blow against Salyeris.
20120327162609:You land the killing blow against Salyeris.
20120328161406:You land the killing blow against Salyeris.
20120805163539:You land the killing blow against Salyeris.
20120823080758:You land the killing blow against Salyeris.

20120501200415-Shuns the inn upon the moor.'
20120501200415-Salyeris's reverberating blast *** DEVASTATES *** you!
20120501200415:You have been KILLED!!

Can't find the other where you get me (which you did according to PBF), but maybe that was just an assist. Not real sure. Let me know if you want them (or which ones) and I'll do a logs for the departed.

lasentiaMon 24-Sep-12 08:40 PM
987 posts
#111149, "Not really"
In response to Reply #70

Our fights were generally pretty dull from my POV. I don't recall any where there was anything out of the usual bash spam.
If you want to post them go ahead though, maybe there are some funny parts or something, I can not really say I remember.

As to my kils on krunk.
I killed Krunk on eastern when he was hurt and outside the village after you killed
Cainargen, neither of those were good kills though since both times you were pretty much dead when I hit you.
Just me picking you off, the eastern one mostly by luck actually since I was going for a conjurer out there when you hit me while berserk.

Narissorin,,,. (Anonymous)Thu 13-Sep-12 11:03 AM
Charter member
#110935, "Thank you!"
In response to Reply #9

I absolutely loved bantering and fighting you, I actually took a few specific edges and began making sure I had a ton of gold for a certain prep just to fight you. The best thing I think about our relationship is that we really couldn't straight up stop each other, and we both realized it. If I had the head, I couldn't stop you from whittling away at the giant and if you had the scepter you couldn't stop me from taking it back. I mean we could slow each other down (oh how I despise critical hit), but we couldn't just STOP each other. That really added an interesting dynamic to the interaction outside of fighting, a mutual respect.

Thanks for being a fun foe, now get back on the wagon!

lasentiaThu 13-Sep-12 12:28 PM
987 posts
#110946, "Just tell me you didn't take stonehearted"
In response to Reply #26

A few people told me they took that edge and wondered why I had no problem singing to them. When I told them I did not sing romance, I sung tragic, they pretty much kicked themselves.

Turned out my title made people think I was a romantic rep, and unless you play bards or fight them somewhat often, knowing rep just based off of song lyrics is not all that common.

See you in the fields.

Kontoln (Anonymous)Thu 13-Sep-12 11:45 AM
Charter member
#110941, "Forgot me."
In response to Reply #9

You were great. Lots of fun. I understand needing a break but... Good luck with your next.

lasentiaThu 13-Sep-12 12:25 PM
987 posts
#110945, "Nah, I said that IC"
In response to Reply #30

But I did like me some Stoneback a lot and I hope to hear more good things about you in time to come.

A great attitude and a tough fighter, + I'm a sucker for mino speech, and you were easily a favorite of mine.

kontoln3 (Anonymous)Thu 13-Sep-12 01:46 PM
Charter member
#110955, "More to say when I die."
In response to Reply #32

But I think you will be surprised by who I am. Hopefully pleasantly.

Abiritha (Anonymous)Thu 13-Sep-12 01:18 PM
Charter member
#110950, "Damn, I wish we had more time."
In response to Reply #9

I am very glad you chose me as your Drillmaster, maybe I can do what I can in the rites and take your place but I doubt it. Honestly if you didn't choose me as Drillmaster, I don't think I would leader. I still am a newb though I've been playing for probably five years on and off.

I wanted to be there for your passing, because to Abiritha, you were
more than just a commander of course, even though the wicked, ripping heart out of chest and eating drow rp was me, Abiritha still could consider you a friend, whatever that might be to a drow. You will be sincerely missed from her PoV and as a player also by me. Glad you gave me a chance but I probably won't be as deathful as you.

As Drillmaster, I will of course pass down quite a bit of your teachings as much as I can, while of course putting my own in. Though
I imagine with some people, in the rites i'll probably lose leadership because I'm just not as good as I'd like to be.

Anyways, great char, great interactions, and don't worry about the ashes, I just really wanted to murder the living F*** out of krunk and the rhyme jumping in really pissed me off. Blind and in wildenress with a bashing orc and a dip#### ambushing ranger made that kill so hard to obtain and I really wanted it, probably more than getting a tattoo and awesome imm love.

lasentiaFri 14-Sep-12 01:51 PM
987 posts
#110977, "RE: Damn, I wish we had more time."
In response to Reply #37

Just have some fun and enjoy the Rites when they come. I try to judge a character by the character, more so than if I think it is some elite PK skilled player or not behind them. Believe it or not, in the village RP matters just as much as PK if not more, given how villagers are supposed to behave and act.

It's not about being deadly in my eyes, Salyeris was not deadly at all for most of her life. She was just helpful to the other villagers.

Just keep having fun and stick to the RP and you'll be a great DM.

WhiysdanThu 13-Sep-12 01:33 PM
Member since 04th Aug 2011
243 posts
#110952, "Thanks for the compliment"
In response to Reply #9

I didn't watch this character a whole lot, but I do enjoy seeing a character played to age-death. Good on ya!

=w=

Treyliu (Anonymous)Thu 13-Sep-12 06:05 PM
Charter member
#110961, "So long"
In response to Reply #9

Was glad to have a chance to speak with you a bit before you died. I only saw you fall twice in Treyliu's life that I can recall-- once to Darikir and I, and that last time. Obviously didn't realize you had mind problems until after the fact and hell, had I known you were going to kick the bucket I'd have looted more than one item! Ah well, as you said, "you can't take it with you when you go"...I was kinda starting to wonder if this might be coming soon.

I felt like I maybe almost beat you one-on-one out on the Dragon Sea that one time (before I died to the wyvern/Xasivus soon after), but then you flee underwater. You were exceptional with your timing, both offensively and defensively, and also sure managed to get some lucky evades when you really needed them. You gotta love that.

I interacted with you quite a bit earlier in your life with another character and also with Allysia in other incarnations. Well done; looking forward to your next char.

KelarinThu 13-Sep-12 09:28 PM
Member since 29th May 2012
23 posts
#110965, "RE: Goodbyes"
In response to Reply #9

Not even a mention, hmm?

I understand if Kelarin didn't have the same impact on you, as you did on him. There were things that I couldn't stand about Salyeris (how incredibly bitchy you were at times) and things I absolutely loved (the complexity of your role and general toughness).

Obviously you knew the bard class far better than I. You were geared better, had more solid fighting strategies, and overall pulled off a lot of what I couldn't. I had all kinds of respect for you.

Thanks for the awesome induction, it was unexpected and one of my top non-faith memories with this character. Finally, thanks for giving me a go at DM.

Good luck with whatever you do next!

lasentiaThu 13-Sep-12 10:34 PM
987 posts
#110968, "RE: Goodbyes"
In response to Reply #43

Damn I forgot the good version of me. Like I said, I knew I would forget people. You came so late in the chars life that you were not going to change her. You had a great char and I was curious to see what you could do so I brought you in untested.

I always said do what you believed in. Of course, I did the same and salyeris and ray stopped seeing eye to eye and sice you fawned over her there was bound to be a rift between us. I would not leave the village though, not for Iklahn or anyone else. And I saw ray and hers as enemies personally IC of course. mainly because sal felt deceived and cheated by an island god. She was to stubborn to yield or see things other than she did.

I think you would have liked early sal a lot more had you been around when she was just a rager

But she didn't go where anyone thought she would, not even me. I figured happy ending with Iklahn. Then realized I was the commander and for all the talk really we were never going to get to that end of the rainbow. So she got bitter and jaded because you flaunted all those things she was not going to have. And ultimately you did what I could not, you chose something over the village.

Hope you enjoy the end of your char kelarin, I still say you did a great job from an OOC pov. Shame sal was a bitch as you said and that I took her where her rp forced her to go.

See you in the fields

Bell (NOT Oryntohr)Thu 13-Sep-12 10:12 PM
Charter member
In response to Reply #9

Oryn really like Saly. I regret not getting to know you better and earlier, both from an IC and OOC perspective. My bad, damn Oryn would've liked a bard friend. I also liked needling you about Empire, I thought you handled it about like you should, even though Oryn would never accept your answers. GLWYN!

lasentiaFri 14-Sep-12 01:47 PM
987 posts
#110976, "RE: Goodbyes"
In response to Reply #44

"I regret not getting to know you better and earlier, both from an IC and OOC perspective"

Likewise.

Perr (Anonymous)Fri 14-Sep-12 10:30 AM
Charter member
#110972, "Frustrating but necessary"
In response to Reply #9

Agreed on your 95% number - between spellbaning 90% of my stuff, avoiding all area spells, critical hits making my shields and A/B/S meaningless, and a tatoo that deafens...I was pretty much out of luck. I started getting frustrated and a little cranky about it after a while, but I made myself not get too worked up about it, which has sustained me through this ridiculous game since the First Age.

You were a (literally) unstoppable force , who could have probably killed me by standing in one spot and autoattacking. I thought we had you during the sewer incident - if I had recalled and healed things might have turned out differently. Oh well.

Much like Xasivus, you made the game a better place, much more interesting, and much more dangerous. Our interactions were fairly limited, as we both knew where each other stood.

Well done.

lasentiaFri 14-Sep-12 01:46 PM
987 posts
#110975, "That was one of my favorite fights in 990 hours."
In response to Reply #46

I just remember being in the sewers, knowing you were both up there and thinking sweet, an invoker and shifter, I won't get lagged much so I think I can take them with a bit of luck. I'll wait out some things, renew all my stuff and go have some fun and hopefully get two mage kills. I mean, it's not like they're going to come after me here since they can't manacle or bring guards, so I'm safe waiting down here by the ladder.

And then you both charge me in the sewers and catch me not ready at all (don't think I had bane up even), vulture blinded me and you immolated me. Then he shifts and the ram started pounding on me. By the time I cured the blindness I was at maybe 500 hp, boneshattered and immolated and trying to figure out how the hell I was even going to survive, forget win.

I make a dash to the silverwood pond, and get run off before I can swim under (lessen that immolation and keeping the shifter out was what I needed) because I forgot to eat seaweed. End up bumbling with my inventory to get some seaweed with you two chasing me and attacking me while I'm burning alive and now have like 200 hp.

I make it to the pond, go under, you come in and go for it and I end up getting the kill on you because I bane that last spell and then I heal enough to go run off the shifter.

Stuff like that made playing a rager really fun, wish I logged things like that

Mylene (Anonymous)Fri 14-Sep-12 01:37 PM
Charter member
#110974, "RE: Goodbyes"
In response to Reply #9

>Mylene: Duo just makes people not as much a part of the game,
>but then again, you were completely harmless to me so I can
>understand. mage v. villagers is just not easy, glad you're
>sticking it out.

I can understand that about Duo, and I wholeheartly agree that there was nothing I could do against you.

A standard fight was usually:

Echoes, I try to land a few spells, those that do get through are spellbaned, and out of 4-5 spells I cast, I may have one landed and I'm at half health.

How the rest of the fights went was usually a mix of the above along with a deafen from your battlecry or thunderbolt so I couldn't even cast spells against you, or even word to get away.

I also remember a fight where I gave up on spells after I got in a good mental jolt and went to pugil.

You were always a class act and I did enjoy the conversations that we had. Thank you for the experiences and for not always splitting my head completely open when I threw myself up against you.

--Mylene

lasentiaFri 14-Sep-12 02:05 PM
987 posts
#110979, "RE: Goodbyes"
In response to Reply #48

Biggest drawback- you figured out you were not going to win early enough in a fight, so would get out before I could ever really finish you solo.

No good lagging options for a bard to use against you really

Still, don't sell yourself short, you can have more of an impact than you give yourself credit for.

Namric (Anonymous)Fri 14-Sep-12 02:26 PM
Charter member
#110980, "Why would you stand around holding hands with Nexuns?"
In response to Reply #9

How is that good RP for a cabal dead set on eradicating that cabal? I saw this multiple times from you, you and Iklahn talking and you making me leave rather than attack him even in the ruins and you dont duel him?

I saw nothing impressive, I would play for a week straight and would maybe see you once.

You then gave Drillmaster to a char who got into the village without a mage kill and was a Rayihn follower.

This character I am sure was really loved by a lot of people but I sure as hell wasn't one of them.

It was also 100% obvious who this player was.

lasentiaFri 14-Sep-12 03:26 PM
987 posts
#110981, "That's perfectly fine."
In response to Reply #54

Looking back at your death thread to see who you even were I'm not surprised. I don't play characters to be loved by the PB, I just play for fun. And I play my chars how I want, not how others may want me to.

But for fun, I'll take up your points.
1) Eradicating a cabal and eradicating an individual ranger are different things. (and can be done in ways other than PK) Characters are more complex than team battle v. team nexus, but I guess you didn't understand that. And as things went, she pretty much betrayed Iklahn and we killed each other many times after (and had before and during that time as well). There is RP in CF, it's not the same for every char and player though, so kindly let people RP how they wish instead of thinking your way is the only correct way.

2) I never saw certain battleragers. Playtimes vary, so that's pretty much a non issue. You don't hit 990 hours by never logging in.

3) From your original death thread.
"Kelarin not sure how you got into the village without a mage kill. If I was a Russian conspiracy theorist I'd point out that it was probably because you play a Rayihn follower with a lastname and tattoo though."

Actually, his induction and Drillmastering was because of his RP and had nothing to do with Rayihn, so don't go thinking she influenced me at all in any decision I made in that regard. I chose him and inducted him of my own accord. Maybe because he was one of the only non-cookie cutter battleragers at the time, which is nice to see. I suppose I could have named Namric and named another one a week or two later after you deleted.

4) Yes it was. Feel free to bitch about that all you want, it doesn't bother me. I play CF for fun, and I enjoy playing bards.

I'm glad someone complained, if nobody did I did something wrong with this character.

Iklahn (Anonymous)Fri 14-Sep-12 05:12 PM
Charter member
#110983, "You were a huge part in the shaping of Iklahn"
In response to Reply #9

Good char, glad you enjoyed it. I knew that everything that was attempted as far as the courting and what not was going to be a dead end, but it was a very rare RP opportunity I am glad that I did not pass on. Hope to see you in the fields again.

lasentiaFri 14-Sep-12 05:30 PM
987 posts
#110984, "RE: You were a huge part in the shaping of Iklahn"
In response to Reply #56

Only because neither of us was going to leave their respective cabal. But it was a lot of great rp. Course it stagnated so i sort of just went ahead and pushed the plot line forward in a way to bring it to an end.

Plus I had no idea how to rp out having a kid in game with another chr even if you had left the isle so I made up a Kid that I hid away. Not my best rp arc but it was all I came up with. Got me the betrayer title for my efforts and an align hit though, and created a good rp aspect for other chars to use.

Al and all, it was fun, if not exactly how I would have liked it to go from n oocpoint of view.

balete (Anonymous)Sat 15-Sep-12 11:33 PM
Charter member
#111001, "RE: Goodbyes"
In response to Reply #9

Feeling's mutual, unsure if Balete ever got you but would have loved to just once. Thanks for the sport and fun. You made bard scouts scarier than most.

NeltoudaSun 16-Sep-12 08:17 PM
Member since 28th Jul 2008
161 posts
#111023, "Goodbye Old Friend"
In response to Reply #9

I think we had a lot of fun times. I approached because Neltouda, being sphere music, has a bit soft spot for bards. You were someone out there that was roleplaying well but hadn't taken a religious path. I did not intend to bring you into the crew and tattoo you, rather just roleplay for a while. Our characters really meshed well. I enjoyed very much interacting with and watching you develop.

I remember watching you answer your questions at the rites and thinking, wow this is my follower and I didn't even know it. It was then that I thought tattooing someone out of sphere was a good idea. In all honesty, I probably should have done it sooner . Looking at the numbers now you lived a lot of life between harp/curse removal and tattoo.

In the later Chapters of Salyeris, after all the wood elf stuff I did have a difficult time interacting with you. I was looking for more. Salyeris was different. I didn't know if that difference was because of the more evil side or if it was due to the player not being as interested in the character. I recall we had some conversations about it.

At very very end, you had an upswing to the old Salyeris that made me happy. It was a pleasure. Come back to the ship, hopefully as one of my spheres anytime.

-Neltouda

lasentiaMon 17-Sep-12 09:38 AM
987 posts
#111051, "A bit of insight into the player re: the late chapters ..."
In response to Reply #60

First, I'll say the tatto was so unexpected since I was out of sphere and not a priest per se, I was a touch shocked I even got it. I was doing it all for the sake of RP, not to try and earn any rewards after all. The curse removal sort of eliminated my whole char's main reason for being a battlerager though (I had not really thought hey what will I do if I actually get the curse broken since I had no intention of attracting an Imm's attention so that it might actually happen), so I had to make it more about she swore an oath (so she was NEVER going to leave which meant Iklahn would be a dead end) since I was trying to intentionally not be an I hate all magic kill all mages type of Battlerager. But I will say you taking the time to read my role and immerse Neltouda as a major part of it is one of the most fun and best experiences I've ever had in CF. Thank you again for being apart of that, and I would like to try a real priest some time.

You pretty much gave the character that added bit of RP that made her so much fun and I always liked when you gave me a drink, since I knew I could go sit and shoot the breeze with you a while, it didn't always have to be a serious talk with you.

As to the later chapters, I probably should mention it since a few people told me they noted a change in the char (it was mostly RP- and some RL things).

I was not able to play quite as much for a variety of RL reasons which came around not long after the Evermoon stuff began (being away with limited access for 2 weeks in there didn't help) and I thought I would be doing people a disservice to just log in )sit in the village basically voiding out all the time) just for the sake of logging in. My goal was if I logged in Salyeris, she was there at least 90%. I didn't always get that, but I tried to be the char so to speak when I logged in. If I thought I may be interrupted or did not have a lot of time, I would not log her in. (And sometimes I did quick log ins because things came up) I had two chars IC say I pretty much stopped playing, and one of them went a little OOC about it saying I came back because Kelarin made the cabal strong again. Things like that just annoyed me as a player, since I don't think anyone needs to justify their playtimes to other players, and I played when I played, good times or bad. I probably had three or four logins in 990 hours where I said F it, this is just not fun right now and logged off after getting stomped hard (during the Krunk + anathema perma Battle death squad times). If a Battle Imm thought I needed removing because of it, I would have stepped down. If a player has a complaint, well, kindly mind your own business and let the Imms handle it, becuase I'm not going to feel answerable to the PB for my logins or how much I play. That Vaslin challenged me for Commander because of it really really annoyed me as a player, and I should have just booted him instead of letting it drag out, but that's just not how I play the game.

Moving on, I assume it was Rayihn, who began the betrayer storyline, I had to figure out how to respond IC. So I decided she was growing more evil- and I suck at evil RP and lots of times I ended up being too nice or too soft on people- and no matter what Kelarin would say, I was too soft, at least for a Battle Commander . Salyeris did not think a Neltouda follower would wait for life to come to them, Iklahn was clearly going to a dead end, and she wanted a kid and was not going to wait for Rayihn to set her up again. I was not going to let the char all the sudden not care about having a kid, that was pretty much the central theme to her whole char.

She also didn't really care about having a husband, so that's why I took the route I did, and I could have said yeah, the prince flirted with her and they had a magical evening and went their separate ways. Well, that's no fun, sort of bland and an easy way out. So I tried to weave a little bard aspect into it, illusions, suggestion, and I intentionally chose a mob who'se description made him out to be a lazy spoiled drunkard who would not mind so much being taken advantage of in that way since I sort of pictured the prince as having his way with the servant women anyway. I also used Rolastia as well to sort of bring it home as a reluctant midwife who would maybe raise the kid (who I then find out is evil when I considered her, which threw that off entirely- plan ahead people, let that be a warning) I never expected to actually see the kid, it was just an RP facet as part of her story. For a moment I thought maybe an Imm would roll a level 1 wood elf mage with my kid's name, just to really F*** with me, but it never came down to Salyeris confronting her own daughter as a mage. I'm pretty sure I would have had to leave the cabal if they had done that, though it would have been the happy ending so to speak. (She would have chosen love then as Rayihn wanted, but that was the only situation in which she would choose anything over the village.) Them not doing that did allow me to play out my last hours as a rager though, which was also fun, and besides, Kelarin left for love so it would have been cliche if Salyeris did the same.

Because objectively her reputation became that of a betrayer, I had to incorporate that somehow, I couldn't just ignore it. (The char was not from Evermoon, had no love of wood elves specifically, and pretty much did not think having a little daliance with a male consort was all THAT bad a thing to do). And I liked how they made it the Queen of Evermoon who was angry more so than the prince. Betrayal is evil though, and the align hit made it clear Salyeris was in fact now more evil, so I had to be more evil I thought. Honestly, when I did those role chapters I had no idea what would come of it. I kept thinking, she only has 20 more hours to live anyway, and I like to have a final resolution style role chapter near the end of my char life. Of course, she went 200, so I had to keep adding on and such. There is an issue in that I the player didn't write that to attract any attention or anything, I just did it to sort of end the char storyline, but when an Imm involves themself I don't think I can just say screw it, so I tried my best to go with things as they played out and respond as a Commander would, good or bad. My initial storyline was for Salyeris to die a rager- and for Rolastia to pass on the harp to her daughter letting her know that Salyeris had fought her whole life just for her- but Rayihn threw a wrench in my nice neat little story.

In truth that final chapter arc threw me a bit and I tried my best to respond accordinly and IC. As a player I did burn out at times. It's tough to run any cabal as a mortal, but Battle is undeniably the hardest because almost everyone in CF has their own opinion on what a good rager ought to do, and it's never the same, and when any breaks it, you hear about. I wish I used quiet mode a lot more I'll just say.

Hope that clarifies a few things with the char.
I did try to go out with a bit of a spark, make the battle ragers realize her being gone wouldn't change things at all. And it was fun to not be that mopey bitch anymore, and just be a free Battlerager again. (Which I tried to bring across in her last role chapter)

Iklahn (Anonymous)Mon 17-Sep-12 04:33 PM
Charter member
#111070, "Regarding that comment about showing again because the ..."
In response to Reply #61

That was not meant to be an ooc remark, but an IC one. I am sorry if you felt it crossed that line. I knew it had the potential to come off bad, but I figured you would take it as an IC thing since Iklahn had been forced to develop a hatred of you over the years due to all the stuff that had occured. Again, I am sorry that it came off as an OOC remark and left a bad taste with you.

lasentiaMon 17-Sep-12 05:18 PM
987 posts
#111079, "RE: Regarding that comment about showing again because ..."
In response to Reply #65

That's okay, I appreciate you letting me know. I have a lot of respect for Iklahn as a char which is why it caught me as sort of ooc, but I should have known it was an itching since I never saw you break char before.

I would have shrugged it off had a rager not said something similar around the same time and I think that colored my view a bit, maybe unfairly to you.

IunnaMon 17-Sep-12 10:34 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
473 posts
#111056, "RE: Goodbyes"
In response to Reply #9

>Iunna: I love what you're doing for Battle and I'm really glad
>to see you taking control of things. Not sure I was the best
>Commander in your eyes, hell, even in mine I had a lot of
>faults, but thanks for being around and keeping things fun. I
>should have booted Vaslin instead of letting it get where it
>went, sorry about that.

Thanks, I appreciate it. I don't have as much history with the
cabal as others, so I'm doing the best I can with what I have.

I will say that I think I missed most of Saly's early/mid days
of Commanderdom (I actually was rooting for Mauz at Rites), so
much of what I saw was later on. You made some poor choices in
a few situations (inducting someone without a mage kill? wtf?),
but you were a tough cookie overall and did a helluva job lasting
as long as you did. I hope you at least got a kick out of the
dream sequence about your daughter and being hunted by
Evermoon.

I'd also like to echo Daev's thoughts about trying something
outside your wheelhouse next time - once I really started watching
you, it was pretty easy to figure out who was playing yet another
wood-elf bard.

lasentiaMon 17-Sep-12 10:56 AM
987 posts
#111057, "RE: Goodbyes"
In response to Reply #63

"You made some poor choices in a few situations (inducting someone without a mage kill? wtf?)"

Agreed.
To be honest, I've never been a battle leader,I was not sure it would even let me do that at the time, so it was in part a curiosity thing. It would not let me induct people who used potions, I actually sort of figured I would get the same message, but then he went in to my shock (and I made sure to never induct another). He had outstanding RP though, and he was pretty much going to con die as an applicant which seemed like a wasted char to me, so all in all I don't regret giving him a chance, even if it was not perhaps my best moment of ragerdom.

Everything that Imms did with my char was awesome, totally unexpected, and made me all the more fan of playing CF.

And yeah, I'm going back to being one of the sheep instead of the wolves.

Lastly.
I was rooting for Mauz too, that guy is much better than me at playing Battle.

See you in the fields Iunna. Hopefully nobody will pick out my next char so easily.

Ziruanja (Anonymous)Mon 17-Sep-12 08:43 PM
Charter member
#111081, "You scoundrel! You will be missed."
In response to Reply #9

You were such a pain in my butt (for like ALL of Zir's life) but Ziruanja really couldn't help but have a deep admiration and respect for you. She wasn't really bent on killing you, ever. It was a more subtle relationship of cops and robbers but regardless, it was a blast.

FjarnWed 19-Sep-12 06:40 AM
Member since 03rd Jun 2008
173 posts
#111093, "RE: Goodbyes"
In response to Reply #9

I just wanted to stop in and say thank you for being a good leader. In my opinion, presence is key for leadership. That doesn't mean logging on 8 hours a day or anything...but it does mean being consistent, making the most of your logins, and earning the respect of your fellow cabalmates.

Your longevity and sticktoitativeness were remarkable, and even in your old age, you weren't afraid to mix it up.

I had my eye on you for awhile, when the little distraction part of your role popped up, but I didn't find reason to question where your heart truly lied.

All in all, Sal was a good character and a good leader, so thanks.

lasentiaThu 20-Sep-12 10:51 AM
987 posts
#111098, "Means a lot to me to hear that from you."
In response to Reply #68

So thank you in return.
That makes me feel like the char was a success more so than any PK stats.

DaevrynThu 13-Sep-12 08:50 AM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
#110906, "RE: A Few Final Thoughts"
In response to Reply #6

Sometimes you made me want to cheer for you; sometimes you made me want to cheer for the other guy.

But definitely this is a character I'll remember and you certainly made an impact. GLWYN. (Maybe try to shake that bard rut!)

lasentiaThu 13-Sep-12 09:01 AM
987 posts
#110909, "It's shaken."
In response to Reply #10

I didn't cheer for Salyeris all the time either. Sometimes I looked back and just said what an ass. (about myself)

This bard was in large part a curiosity thing.
Nexus bard or Battle bard that are otherwise the same, who would do better..
As I told Rayihn, that was it for bards for me.

Now I'll go back to playing my 10-50 pk record non-bard characters.

Mauz (Anonymous)Thu 13-Sep-12 09:03 AM
Charter member
#110910, "Absolutely one of my favorite characters of all time."
In response to Reply #6

I loved everything about my time in the Village with you.

If I had known you had five more months in Salyeris I would have rolled another Villager, but I figured you couldn't last that much longer than guys like me and Iepnier. Very impressive.

I've been in the Village with some really, really good commanders, but as far as I'm concerned, Salyeris is my favorite.

Granted, that was all early, so I never got to see any of the slipping towards evil, but I never saw a single thing, directed toward a young Villager or an enemy that should have resulted in the slightest amount of negative feedback towards you.

I also saw you eat some nasty, nasty deaths (some fights for your build are all but unwinnable) and never heard the slightest bitching from you.

So, all in all you did an absolutely stellar job from my POV and even though I haven't been in the Village, I've been around and have enjoyed every single interaction we've had since the end of Mauz. Thank you for that, too.

Take a break for sure, but come back with something else awesome.

lasentiaThu 13-Sep-12 09:13 AM
987 posts
#110913, "Mauz was simply stellar."
In response to Reply #13

Mauz would have been DM if I could have chosen him. Hell, I would have been happy to be your DM you know, since you dominated me in round one of the Rites. (I always checked the pillar hoping to see Mauz added in but never got to see it there)

Thank you for the kind words, early Salyeris was a much better Commander and Battlerager all and all and I'm glad you got to see that part of her. I thought it was great serving with Mauz, who to me was everything a great Battlerager should be. I made an RP mistake that really sort of detracted from her being a really good battlerager even in my own eyes though, but hey, you have to stick it out anyway when you screw something up. Battleragers should not live 990 hours.

She did get torn to utter shreds by some people and by some amazing gangs too. I bitched about pretty much one thing consistently, my own inability to come up with any plausible answer to Krunk solo with my build Otherwise, it was just venting frustration when I bitched.

ghafler (Anonymous)Thu 13-Sep-12 10:22 AM
Charter member
#110929, "RE: A Few Final Thoughts"
In response to Reply #6

You were one of my favorite enemies I think I've fought you with atleast four characters now and enjoyed you with every one. Really a stand out character and I thought you've done a really good job as leader. .

lasentiaThu 13-Sep-12 12:37 PM
987 posts
#110949, "Thanks"
In response to Reply #24

Ghafler did a fine job too, you were one of my first pks as a villager I think too

TMNSThu 13-Sep-12 11:09 AM
Member since 10th Jun 2009
2670 posts
#110937, "We think the same..."
In response to Reply #6

>I also never burned one person's hut, there were a few I should have, but that's the past so need to go into that here. It is just because it is not my style to do that to people, not that these chars did not deserve it. That was why I always thought I was too soft to be commander, because basically my OOC ideas kept me from doing the right thing IC in regards to cabal booting. If I had any major flaw as a Commander in regards to handling the battleragers, that was it.<

Other than maybe Empire, Battle is the one cabal where if you get booted, 99% of the time the guy deletes. I don't want to be the dude that made a bunch of people delete. This is one of the hardest things about being a commander.

>It's tiring work being Commander- if only for the amount of people you get talking to you about things and sometimes I just got burned out or flat out missed people telling me things.<

Amen.

Salyeris (Anonymous)Wed 12-Sep-12 11:07 PM
Charter member
#110891, "Well that was fun."
In response to Reply #0

It's late so I'll post some thoughts and goodbyes later, but wanted to give a quick thanks to the majority of the PB for making this char fun to play be it via RP or PK interactions. And of course a thanks to the imms for keeping it going. After 990 hours, I think a break is in order for me though.

Anyone has anything to say though, feel free and I'll get back to you best I can.

TMNSWed 12-Sep-12 11:41 PM
2670 posts
#110893, "Watched you as two characters. Was impressed both time..."
In response to Reply #2
Edited on Wed 12-Sep-12 11:43 PM

With Laesron I really enjoyed your seemingly non-militant nature towards non-village enemies. You were about what was best for the village, and I told everyone in game and out if you weren't named Commander then God hates villagers

As Ryntallin, I #### you not over the course of 3 months 95% of the time I would log on, you would be on And man, did you have your tactics down pat. It became a win just to escape from your unkillable fiends (hahahah just joking...but seriously) or your spot on timing with the correct songs/skills.

As a former leader of Battle, you did a way better job (for the most part *wink*) than I ever could have.

Edited to add: With all due respect, if Salyeris isn't put on the Pillar then the pillar ain't worth a diaper full of bigfoot's ####.

I said with all due respect.

lasentiaThu 13-Sep-12 09:25 AM
987 posts
#110916, "Thanks"
In response to Reply #3

I should know what I am doing with a bard by now. It's no surprise to anyone, least of all you, that I was playing this char I'm sure.

I never cared about getting on the Pillar, I just wanted to help my cabal mates out. I know how rough battle has it at times and just helping them out was more important to me than any legacy for my character. Bards are support characters, Salyeris was really no different than Allysia in that regard.

PK wise I just hoped to get maybe a 40-50% solo pk rate, a much better gang ratio, and hopefully a decent amount of mage/scion/nexus kills compared to non-enemies. I don't think I was really deadly overall though.

Mauz (Anonymous)Thu 13-Sep-12 09:34 AM
Charter member
#110917, "I knew it was you."
In response to Reply #18

Which was great because when playing Eck I totally wanted to be on the same side as Allysia, and shortly thereafter Mauz and Salyeris on the same side.

Perfect.

lasentiaThu 13-Sep-12 10:09 AM
987 posts
#110927, "RE: I knew it was you."
In response to Reply #19

I'm glad you enjoyed Salyeris and got a chance to fight along side me, Salyeris was a bit more beneficial to her cabalmates than Allysia just because of being the only bard in the village for a while.

I had the same thoughts about wanting to play alongside a villager of yours, they always set the bar high and I figured would be great to learn from.

Ezgrint (Anonymous)Thu 13-Sep-12 01:58 AM
Charter member
#110898, "RE: Well that was fun."
In response to Reply #2

Tons of respect, spanning across two other characters. (that were months apart!)

Classy til the end.

I can't say much more other than that I burned through absurd, literally absurd, amounts of gold fighting one of your fiends.

Hours. And hours. And hours. Of fighting. With a pocket healer and a pit healer.

So many hours.

Sheesh. Well played.

lasentiaThu 13-Sep-12 09:20 AM
987 posts
#110915, "Ha."
In response to Reply #4

I was shocked by that as well.

Shame I won't get to see you keep on growing and getting even stronger, there's a lot of potential there.

See you around in the fields

TMNSThu 13-Sep-12 11:11 AM
2670 posts
#110938, "You hit an unkillable fiend on me once too :("
In response to Reply #17

Fought it as a Komodo for around 8 in game hours and didn't get it past small wounds.

lasentiaThu 13-Sep-12 12:33 PM
987 posts
#110947, "Ezgrint fought his for days"
In response to Reply #29

I think it was about a week or something ridiculous in game he said that he fought the fiend. When he sent me the tell saying he killed it, it was easily days past IC, I had forgotten I even did that to him.

Course, I did not chase him to hamsah and fight him there, or else I would have found him, criticaled him and killed him. But he was a shaman, not a battlerager concern. Til he struck me a second time, which is when I went into hamsah after fiending him and killed him

But he got me back later, that magnificent bastard.

Fenarum (Anonymous)Thu 13-Sep-12 06:33 AM
Charter member
#110900, "RE: Well that was fun."
In response to Reply #2

Absolutely fantastic, as Fenarum I literally chose the vampire bat form just because of you. I couldn't pass on the chance to deafen you and take you out of the fight. Fantastic character. I really appreciated it when you told Fen that he was honorable. I think it was because there were like three or four of battle on and I attempted it anyways. Thanks for the compliment! You were a force to be reckoned with and I am a better player because of the chances I got to fight you. GLWYN

lasentiaThu 13-Sep-12 09:17 AM
987 posts
#110914, "RE: Well that was fun."
In response to Reply #5

Keep on throwing down like that and you'll keep improving with each char. You had a great attitude and that brings a lot to CF, it's something I have to try and keep in mind myself, and Fenarum was a good reminder of why it is I play CF. For the fun of it.

Inerayo (Anonymous)Wed 12-Sep-12 10:58 PM
Charter member
#110890, "RE: (AGE DEATH) [BATTLE] Salyeris Nimkerta the Strummer..."
In response to Reply #0

Gotta say it. Wow. You were an absolute beast and I would never have believed that you had been alive as a character for 990 hours. The things that I have seen from you were great, you were always consistent in any conversation I ever had with you. I wish I had taken the time to talk to you more, but it's hard as the mage talking to the Village Commander. Great character, I think the Village won't stop feeling what a huge blow this is for a bit. As an enemy, you can understand, I have only one thing to say... it's about f*cking time. Great job and good luck with the next.

lasentiaThu 13-Sep-12 10:01 AM
987 posts
#110924, "Thanks"
In response to Reply #1

I had my doubts on the cheetah/fox at first (I have doubts about all mages though as a battlerager) since I figured I could usually handle you in a fight solo, but you seem to have really come into your own a lot more these days as a strong force for the Island and I'm sure you'll be giving battleragers fits for a while to come yet.

Keep that up and keep going with what is a fine character from what I saw.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #110886 Previous topic | Next topic