Subject: "Mongoose is now Expressive ####!" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Announcements Topic #987
Show all folders

nepentheWed 02-Aug-06 11:30 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
3430 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#987, "Mongoose is now Expressive ####!"

Coming to a crash/reboot in the near future...

Shapeshifted characters who have accrued enough imm-awarded XP will be able to emote in form.

Disclaimer: this is meant for your use as a RP tool. It is not meant as a way for you to talk in form or convey complex messages through looking at someone and barking Lassie-style. Up to a point I'll police this by awarding anyone I see being a bozo with it -100000 XP to make sure they never have that problem again; past that point I'll save myself the trouble and take this back out if it's heavily abused.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply What about conjurer familiars?, Mort, 03-Aug-06 03:25 PM, #7
Reply RE: What about conjurer familiars?, nepenthe, 03-Aug-06 03:26 PM, #8
     Reply RE: What about conjurer familiars?, Kraken71, 04-Aug-06 12:43 PM, #9
Reply Worth logging in to comment about., Bajula, 03-Aug-06 09:23 AM, #4
Reply RE: Worth logging in to comment about., nepenthe, 03-Aug-06 09:25 AM, #5
Reply Enter the fourth age... of zoophilia :>, Marcus_, 03-Aug-06 11:54 AM, #3
Reply RE: Enter the fourth age... of zoophilia :>, nepenthe, 03-Aug-06 11:56 AM, #6
Reply Woo hoo!, GinGa, 03-Aug-06 08:35 AM, #2
Reply I think I need change my diapers. n/t, Lightmage, 03-Aug-06 08:35 AM, #1

MortThu 03-Aug-06 01:26 PM
Member since 23rd Jan 2006
194 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#995, "What about conjurer familiars?"
In response to Reply #0

Any chance this'd be extended to familiars of conjies who have enough imm exp?

nepentheThu 03-Aug-06 03:26 PM
3430 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#996, "RE: What about conjurer familiars?"
In response to Reply #7

I'll consider it. I don't have a problem with the idea, but I'm pretty sure it'd be more of a pain in my ass to code, and I don't want to deviate from my main project too much right now.

Kraken71Fri 04-Aug-06 10:59 AM
Member since 04th Aug 2006
34 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#997, "RE: What about conjurer familiars?"
In response to Reply #8

> I don't want to deviate from my main project too much right now.

I don't want you to either. What is it?

BajulaThu 03-Aug-06 09:07 AM
929 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#991, "Worth logging in to comment about."
In response to Reply #0

Oh how long have I wanted this. hehehe.
I'll assume it was easier than doing set socials specific for each form eh?

Well in any case a hare that can thump to warn of danger ...

I'll assume the "enough imm-awarded XP" translates to enough people noticed this person role playing that we feel he/she will just use it to extend the character instead of abusing it, likely too high a number for me to ever manage, but very cool anyway. I love the concept.

*snoopy dance*

nepentheThu 03-Aug-06 09:25 AM
3430 posts
#992, "RE: Worth logging in to comment about."
In response to Reply #4

>I'll assume the "enough imm-awarded XP" translates to enough
>people noticed this person role playing that we feel he/she
>will just use it to extend the character instead of abusing
>it

That's sort of the thought. Bozo filter and/or reward for character longevity. (In the sense that you're cool for a long time and not just in the rack up hours sense.)

I'll keep an eye on how this plays out and adjust the number up or down accordingly.

Marcus_Thu 03-Aug-06 08:59 AM
681 posts
#990, "Enter the fourth age... of zoophilia :>"
In response to Reply #0

Anyway, just a spontaneous suggestion for some elf-drow shifter loving, since these combos seem pretty crappy.

How about making natural (unshifted) stats matter for shifters to a wider extent than how many hps you get?

for example:

intelligence could affect spell saves / generally affect how well you utilize your form's abilities / mana consumption in form

dexterity could affect how quickly you shift and revert / the tanking of your form

strength could affect your melee damage in form / relevant skills like headbutt or orangutang punch

con could affect your hp regeneration in form / boost/reduce special snake/croc regeneration

wisdom is such a huge deal for shifters it doesn't need more affects

nepentheThu 03-Aug-06 11:56 AM
3430 posts
#993, "RE: Enter the fourth age... of zoophilia :>"
In response to Reply #3

I agree that elf/d-elf shifter is 90% of the time a suboptimal combo, but since shifters are viable and elves/d-elves are viable (just not, so much, together), this is not my highest priority at the moment.

GinGaThu 03-Aug-06 04:48 AM
996 posts
#989, "Woo hoo!"
In response to Reply #0

Well, this certainly makes them interesting. Very nice. Something does tell me it won't take all the tedium out of ranking in form (like the ultimate boredom of the shifter class) but it should certainly help.

Now when I get MY form, I can emote 'Dugoning'(tm) my foes before I swimto/manateewhack until death. Love it.

Yhorian.

'Dugoning', the Dugong device and the 'I Dugonged you, bitch!' slogan are trademarks of the Yhorian corporation limited media coop group.

LightmageThu 03-Aug-06 12:45 AM
319 posts
#988, "I think I need change my diapers. n/t"
In response to Reply #0

n/t

Hope is the worst of evils, for it prolongs the torment of man.

Top General Discussions Announcements Topic #987 Previous topic | Next topic