Subject: "Upcoming Project: Item Standardization" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Announcements Topic #811
Show all folders

KastellynMon 28-Nov-05 01:27 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
864 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#811, "Upcoming Project: Item Standardization"

Over the next several months we're going to be "standardizing" various objects in the game. Whether it's making rafts more uniform in weight and cost, switching item "categories" (rings from armor to jewelry, for example), leveling out the cost of wine and other drinks, ensuring a knapsack in Galadon is roughly the same as one from Seantryn or making food more interesting and beneficial, these changes will lay the groundwork for some pretty interesting future projects that are on the horizon.

This is just a general heads up, so you'll know why your spareribs don't fill you up as much (but are cheaper!) or why your wide copper bracelet suddenly is sold by the jeweler instead of the armorer in Galadon.

Kastellyn the Devourer of Magic, Lord of Legends

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

KastellynWed 14-Dec-05 06:31 PM
864 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#842, "Food, Boats, Drink Containers and Containers - Done"
In response to Reply #0

The subject objects are standardized, and should all be live (if they're not currently, they will be N/C/R).

We'll let the dust settle, then see where there are gaps in coverage and adjust values as necessary. I'll put a thread on the Gameplay board to collect your feedback.

Thanks for your patience!

Kastellyn the Devourer of Magic, Lord of Legends

GinGaMon 28-Nov-05 10:44 AM
996 posts
#812, "Does this include weapons in a way?"
In response to Reply #0

I'd be all up for evening out the quality of weapons sold, it'd make for easier regearing and a quick fling back into fighting. Not like you can buy an ultra-light spear, or that extra +2 dam you wanted. But more like you can easily grab some average 20, +2dam, +2hit, broadswords for that bit of extra coin, and fetch that frostbrand to flurry the giant later.

The idea of unghosting without Outfit gear scares me terribly. And the pickier I get with my gear choices, the more often that happens

I think the recent changes you've made in the weapons department are great, but expensive wholesale luxury weapons would be awesome. And possible, with todays economy!

Yhorian

ValguarneraMon 28-Nov-05 06:15 PM
6904 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#815, "RE: Does this include weapons in a way?"
In response to Reply #1

We've been increasing the quality of gear sold in shops for some time, and that process will be continuing. Part of the goal of this project is that once we've made existing pricing more fair, it'll be a lot easier to properly price items which are being added at the top end.

In general, I'd expect many more prices to come down, rather than up. A lot of items were priced a long time ago, when every hero worth a damn had millions of coins lying around.

valguarnera@carrionfields.com

QaledusMon 28-Nov-05 07:57 PM
Member since 09th May 2004
458 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#816, "RE: Valuation Side Note"
In response to Reply #2

>In general, I'd expect many more prices to come down, rather
>than up. A lot of items were priced a long time ago, when
>every hero worth a damn had millions of coins lying around.

To head something off at the pass, things like Empire and
Thief donations will also be brought into line with the
new standardized prices. That sort of thing is part of the
discussion so nobody panic.

Also, barter will seem a lot less silly when things are
'reasonably' valued across the board.

Doomed at the office,
Qaledus
qaledus@carrionfields.com

Top General Discussions Announcements Topic #811 Previous topic | Next topic