Subject: "downtime" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Announcements Topic #2997
Show all folders

ScarabaeusMon 22-Jun-15 12:13 PM
Member since 19th Feb 2011
1524 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2997, "downtime"

We're experiencing some strange behavior on the server. I have submitted an urgent support ticket with our provider.

We may start looking for another provider soon.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply update #2, Scarabaeus, 22-Jun-15 01:40 PM, #3
Reply Hey Scar, Sarien, 22-Jun-15 03:47 PM, #4
Reply Fixed., Umiron, 22-Jun-15 03:49 PM, #5
Reply This is why we use good storage folks., Bubthegreat, 04-Aug-15 11:42 AM, #6
Reply update, Scarabaeus, 22-Jun-15 12:31 PM, #1
     Reply Ouch - if anything, Sarien, 22-Jun-15 01:06 PM, #2

ScarabaeusMon 22-Jun-15 01:40 PM
1524 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3000, "update #2"
In response to Reply #0

According to the service provider "there was a problem with the underlying disk array which we are repairing right now." The repair should be complete in 12-24 hours and backups should begin working again.

SarienMon 22-Jun-15 02:41 PM
Member since 14th Feb 2009
740 posts
#3001, "Hey Scar"
In response to Reply #3

It looks like the F-play website "play" button integration isn't working quite right. Get a security error when I try to launch it.

UmironMon 22-Jun-15 03:49 PM
Member since 29th May 2017
1495 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3002, "Fixed."
In response to Reply #4

That thing needs to be started after each time the server reboots. Some day maybe we'll do it right, but for now it doesn't come up until I type a command.

BubthegreatMon 03-Aug-15 05:03 PM
Member since 22nd Mar 2007
194 posts
#3005, "This is why we use good storage folks."
In response to Reply #3

They're probably on some super old ass clariion array, or an ancient HP box.

ScarabaeusMon 22-Jun-15 12:29 PM
1524 posts
#2998, "update"
In response to Reply #0
Edited on Mon 22-Jun-15 12:31 PM

Restarting the VPS brought the machine back up, but our backups have been failing since Friday so there is a bigger problem. Waiting to hear back on the support ticket. If there are any updates, I'll post them here.

SarienMon 22-Jun-15 12:50 PM
Member since 14th Feb 2009
740 posts
#2999, "Ouch - if anything"
In response to Reply #1

They should give you one hell of a credit - I am assuming that backup verification/etc is their job. Hosting providers are a nightmare - I feel your pain!

Top General Discussions Announcements Topic #2997 Previous topic | Next topic