Subject: "Item Search" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Announcements Topic #2988
Show all folders

UmironThu 04-Jun-15 11:39 AM
Member since 29th May 2017
1495 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2988, "Item Search"
Edited on Thu 04-Jun-15 11:40 AM

The CF website now offers our official version of an item/equipment search. While a tool like this isn't particularly new to the CF player base at large, it's definitely new territory for us which is why we're starting relatively small and treating this as a experiment to some degree.

Link: http://www.carrionfields.net/itemsearch/ (or via the "Item Search" link on website.)

Most non-limited weapons, instruments and armor/clothing under level 30 are searchable, with the exception of equipment from explore areas and the like. These criteria are completely programatic so I anticipate there are probably some things on there that shouldn't be and vice versa, but whatever.

My hope is that this will be a benefit to everyone, but particularly so to newer players who struggle even to find decent enough "basic" equipment.

We'll be reviewing this project down the line and potentially reconsidering the criteria of what gets included.

Lastly, I'm quite aware the tool itself is somewhat fugly and again, whatever. I may try to polish it up at some point but for now we're prioritizing functionality over aesthetics. And of course, please report bugs/problems via the bug board.

EDIT: Please take questions / follow up to the Gameplay forum. I will not be publishing replies to this thread.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

TheProphet1Thu 04-Jun-15 10:11 PM
Member since 11th Jan 2012
175 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2990, "Love it. Even ugly."
In response to Reply #0

Not like... love.

Wow, thank you so much for this. (Anonymous)Thu 04-Jun-15 12:52 PM
Charter member
#2989, "RE: Item Search"
In response to Reply #0

This is fantastic.

Top General Discussions Announcements Topic #2988 Previous topic | Next topic