Subject: "New color options" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Announcements Topic #262
Show all folders

YanorethMon 26-Jan-04 11:18 PM
Member since 10th Mar 2003
896 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#262, "New color options"

Color now has two suboptions. After you have color on, you can also colorize room names and exits. Room names will indicate terrain the same way prompts will (wilderness=green, water=blue, other=white). Familiars will not be able to discern terrain this way and will always see the color "bold". Exits are all in bold, as well.

You must actively turn on these options if you want to use them, just as you must actively turn on color. Turning on either option will also turn on color for you.

Syntax:
color roomnames
color exits

"Roomnames" and "exits" can be shortened to just "r" and "e" if desired.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

SorenSun 08-Feb-04 11:05 AM
Member since 28th Jul 2003
42 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#265, "Perhaps it's the old head doing tricks"
In response to Reply #0

but i tend to turn of most effects. Nice touch anyhow. Is there a command that lets you see what kind of room you are in if you prefere not to have it in your prompt/roomcolor?

Perhaps with time Ill get use to the colors, perhaps make them defult when you are created?

Søren

YanorethTue 10-Feb-04 10:58 PM
896 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#266, "That would be the "look" command"
In response to Reply #1

We put in the colors to answer the requests of a relatively small portion of the playerbase. We don't intend to make it a default, but instead it is just another option.

To find out what kind of room you are in without the prompt or room color, just use look. It generally won't lead you wrong.

RealSheaFri 20-Feb-04 10:35 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
68 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#273, "Emote colors"
In response to Reply #2

I really like the color changes; the splash of colors lets my eyes break up a lot of the text into smaller chunks rather than one giant blob where I need to search through to find important things. That's especially tough for damage during combat and the like. Once I got used to seeing colors for the damage output, it was nearly impossible to turn it off.

One thing: Has there been any consideration into putting in a default color for when a player emotes an action? Usually that's used for roleplaying purposes, but the text on it is still just white. Maybe treat that command like a say, tell, gtell, etc by giving it some color to offset it from other things. I'm not sure I'd have social do the same thing, to me, social and emote while used sometimes in the same manner are different for roleplaying purposes, since everyone can 'cackle', but not everyone 'em cackles and points toward a can above the door. Picking up a small stone, he knocks it over with a well aimed throw.'

YanorethSat 21-Feb-04 07:02 PM
896 posts
#274, "RE: Emote colors"
In response to Reply #3

Right now, it is possible to colorize emotes, but only if you are a member of Herald. I like emotes/socials being the same color and also being the same default color as room descriptions and such. It's like reading body language in RL - you have to be paying attention to notice it. Only Heralds have the "training" to make their gestures so flamboyant that they stand out from the crowd.

True, cackling and laughter and such are out loud, but making just those kinds of socials colorized is not something I'm particularly interested in coding. Plus, that would make emotes that include vocalizations different from socials that do.

Speaking of vocal vs visible socials, people have hashed out the "how can you see him smiling if he's hidden/invisible" question ad nauseum, too. No need to go there again.

Top General Discussions Announcements Topic #262 Previous topic | Next topic