Subject: "Upon the somewhat successful completion of the Arena To..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Announcements Topic #1536
Show all folders

The_Poison_PenTue 08-Jul-08 11:27 PM
Member since 30th Nov 2006
40 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1536, "Upon the somewhat successful completion of the Arena To..."
Edited on Tue 08-Jul-08 11:46 PM

*cough*

Ok, 30+ people milling around in the Arena, attacking each other, making general chit-chat, calling for the damnation of the undead Satebos every two minutes. You could say that I was a bit over my head. But I managed to take your names down.....draw up a single-elimination bracket off the top of my overtired head, and muddle through it, even had a crash in the middle.

Anyways, I like to improve on things that I attempt to do. So here it is.

Tournament of Gladiators

Held on Sunday July 13th at 10pm CST (System Time)

The events will be as follows:

Open Tournament-any class
Enter individually AND as a team if you want to be considered.
1v1
2v2
3v3

Melee only
1v1
2v2

Spell Only
1v1
2v2

Commune Only
1v1
2v2

Entries will be taken by note to immortal, or email to imms@carrionfields.com

Deadline for Entries is Thursday July 10th by 12 midnight CST (System Time).

Brackets will be posted, and Tourmament will run on Sunday without a hitch. RIGHT??!

Well it will run anyways.

The Poison Pen

All opinions expressed by the staff of The Poison Pen (tm) are gathered from various official sources. Drunks, prostitutes, ne'er-do-wells, and kobolds mainly.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply More explanations, The_Poison_Pen, 09-Jul-08 05:20 PM, #5
Reply Awesome, but a couple questions..., Dragomir, 09-Jul-08 08:58 AM, #4
Reply RE: Upon the somewhat successful completion of the Aren..., Isildur, 09-Jul-08 06:58 AM, #2
Reply Explanations, The_Poison_Pen, 09-Jul-08 08:58 AM, #3
Reply RE: Upon the somewhat successful completion of the Aren..., terinth, 09-Jul-08 06:58 AM, #1
     Reply Hear hear, the battle of wits part had me all excited.~, Aodh, 10-Jul-08 06:23 PM, #6
     Reply RE: Upon the somewhat successful completion of the Aren..., Isildur, 10-Jul-08 06:23 PM, #7

The_Poison_PenWed 09-Jul-08 05:08 PM
40 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1541, "More explanations"
In response to Reply #0

Melee Only---Warriors, Thieves, Assassins, Rangers, Orcs.

Spell Only--Invoker, Transmuter, Shifter, Conjie, AP, Necro.

Commune Only--Pally, Druid, Shaman, Healer.

Still not sure where Bards should go. Ideas?

Open event will be anyone and everyone.

I've also gotten confirmation that I can go as high as 5 vs 5 for the team event.

Get your entries in!

Note to Immortal or email to imms@carrionfields.com

All opinions expressed by the staff of The Poison Pen (tm) are gathered from various official sources. Drunks, prostitutes, ne'er-do-wells, and kobolds mainly.

DragomirWed 09-Jul-08 08:32 AM
Member since 09th Mar 2006
220 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1540, "Awesome, but a couple questions..."
In response to Reply #0

Would a shifter be considered Melee or Spell or both?
Would a Paladin be considered Melee or Commune or both?
Does Melee only mean no preps as well?

I'm not trying to be a pain, just trying to decide who I want my team member to be!

IsildurWed 09-Jul-08 12:08 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
5969 posts
#1538, "RE: Upon the somewhat successful completion of the Aren..."
In response to Reply #0

The melee-only, spell-only and commune-only categories: do those refer to groups of classes, or just what skills can be used during combat?

Can a contestant enter in more than one category? For instance, in the open section as well as the commune only?

If so, that's going to be a huge number of matches. I would expect most people to enter in every section they qualify for.

If you wanted to narrow it down, you could optionally get rid of the open category and make it so you have to win your "class category" in order to advance to the "world series" tournament.

Have the three class-tournament winners do a 3-match round-robin. If two of them win both matches, have those two fight to break the tie. If all three tie then...uh...call them all co-winners I guess.

Optionally, if one of the class-tourney championship matches is especially close, you could give the loser a "wildcard" invite to the final tourney, to make it an even four. Then, instead of round-robin, do a normal single elimination.

The_Poison_PenWed 09-Jul-08 07:30 AM
40 posts
#1539, "Explanations"
In response to Reply #2

Melee Only refers to Warrior, Thief, Ranger, Assassin

Spell only refers to Transmuter, Invoker, Conjie, Shifter, AP

Commune only is Commune only.

Where do Bards fit in?

Isildur great ideas...We'll see how many people enter and what they want to do and then I'll draw up the brackets. My plan is to do this bi-monthly so it will be a work in progress.

Thanks..

PP

terinthTue 08-Jul-08 11:42 PM
Member since 24th Dec 2005
83 posts
#1537, "RE: Upon the somewhat successful completion of the Aren..."
In response to Reply #0

Sunday was a lot of fun; thanks for running it. This weekend has really gotten me psyched about CF. I do have one question, though, does this mean the wit portion of Sunday's competition isn't gonna happen? I was hoping to place a little better in that part.

AodhWed 09-Jul-08 05:54 PM
Member since 06th Jan 2005
352 posts
#1542, "Hear hear, the battle of wits part had me all excited.~"
In response to Reply #1

lkasjdf

IsildurThu 10-Jul-08 09:31 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
5969 posts
#1544, "RE: Upon the somewhat successful completion of the Aren..."
In response to Reply #1

If the wits portion does eventually happen, I'd suggest that the questions be made a little more difficult than the last wits contest that took place in the Inn. It ended up being a contest of who could type the fastest, which is sort of silly. With each question, probably 3/4 of the people knew the answer almost immediately, so it was just a race to see who could get it out first.

If you get away from trivia into something more "riddle-ish", make sure the riddles aren't well-known enough that people can just google the answers.

Top General Discussions Announcements Topic #1536 Previous topic | Next topic