Subject: "Character Challenge Play Begins Tonight!" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Events & Contests Topic #2761
Show all folders

AmarantheFri 31-May-13 05:07 PM
Member since 17th Mar 2003
536 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2761, "Character Challenge Play Begins Tonight!"
Edited on Fri 31-May-13 05:09 PM

Character Challenge Play begins TONIGHT at midnight, system time. Voralia and Vodron were given permission to start a bit early due to being well-known.

There are only two assignments I have not yet sent, plus the folks on the waiting list. I will burn the midnight oil to get those last two assignments out tonight by or shortly after midnight.

Folks on the waiting list: I'm keeping you on deck in case a participant fails to verify play, in which case I'll pass on an assignment to one of you. Failing that, within a week I'll write up one of my back-up options for you.

I have one participant who cannot begin his character's play until later in the month, and he has informed me of such. All others I do expect to see playing their characters over the next couple weeks.

I hope this proves to be a fun experience, and I will apologize for any typos, unclear character information, quest line flubs, quest wardrobe and prop malfunctions, metagamed cutscenes, and lore oversights. I had about a million balls in the air, and I do know some got dropped.

I also apologize that not everyone received an equally interesting character. It is the nature of storylines that some roles are key and others are supportive. Key or challenging RP assignments went to those with high RP (and in some cases, PK) ratings, but I tried to select concepts that would push the envelope for those in the mid to low range of both those categories as well. I would like to assure participants that all else being equal, I will be watching all roles, whether lead roles or side actors. While this began as my crazy approach to running the July role contest, I really do hope this is something where more than three people can come out of it feeling like winners.

Have fun!

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

HomardSun 09-Jun-13 11:29 PM
Member since 10th Apr 2010
959 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2771, "I'm not in."
In response to Reply #0

But holy crap! This is the best thing to happen to CF in years.

Thank you.

/And to think I didn't know you were even part of the game a year ago.

//J Foote

AmarantheSun 02-Jun-13 04:13 PM
Member since 17th Mar 2003
536 posts
#2763, "Get in the game!"
In response to Reply #0

We've had several participants not log on yet. I know the weekend isn't good MUD-time for everyone, but folks are waiting for you!

HomardSun 02-Jun-13 04:41 PM
Member since 10th Apr 2010
959 posts
#2764, "I just wanted to say..."
In response to Reply #1

That until I played Jawn Foote I really only had even the vaguest idea of who Aramanthe was.

In the wake of that experience, and seeing what you're doing here (even though I'm too busy to participate) I'm really impressed with what you bring to CF.

Good stuff.

DallevianTue 04-Jun-13 12:29 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
1618 posts
#2766, "Time for alternates?"
In response to Reply #1

Is it too soon to begin giving those spots away to us alternates? : )

Top General Discussions Events & Contests Topic #2761 Previous topic | Next topic