Subject: "March 2011 Role Contest: Spring Forward!" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Events & Contests Topic #2717
Show all folders

DaevrynTue 01-Mar-11 06:37 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2717, "March 2011 Role Contest: Spring Forward!"

RayBaer and I are running this one with a theme: only role entries about what happened to your character after entering play will be judged. I love convoluted backstories as much as the next person, but we wanted to do something a little different this time around.

I reserve the right to fold, spindle, mutilate, or penalize entrants whose roles does not include a chapter that fits this restriction.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

DaevrynMon 21-Mar-11 09:53 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2720, "Winners and Some Commentary"
In response to Reply #0

I knew that the theme I picked would be limiting, but I didn't guess how limiting. Probably only about half of the entrants had even one chapter that qualified.

Some of my half-dozen winners / honorable mention picks probably wouldn't have made my short list in a "normal" contest; but I will readily admit it's a lot harder to write good "later" role chapters than it is to write a captivating backstory. While in some ways the bar was lower this time around, each of my picks did really impress me in some way.

In no particular order:

Winners are Uhariz, Kyzraith, Ssii.

Honorable Mentions (getting only a very small prize, but retaining future eligibility) are Mexzi, Khaahd, and Brom.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Top General Discussions Events & Contests Topic #2717 Previous topic | Next topic