Subject: "June 09 Role Contest Results!" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Events & Contests Topic #2031
Show all folders

YeanMon 08-Jun-09 10:19 AM
Member since 23rd Jan 2007
275 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2031, "June 09 Role Contest Results!"

There was an extremely good turn out for the June 09 RC, with a total of 65 entries. To make things harder, a lot of the roles were very well written. As a result, winners have been split into 3 tiers. If you're in tier 3, you can probably resubmit your role in the next RC again as the reward is really quite minor.

1st Tier Winners:
Malakhi
Calbaseeti

2nd Tier Winners:
Lirieleth
Ghrummin
Fyeereth
Skavil
Taichabel
Breu
Arriku

3rd Tier Winners:
Quird
Zaknifal
Felthistle
Nyte
Beib
Tatyviel
Gahdak

Stats, comments and all that jazz to follow! Congrats to the winners, and well done to all!

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Statistics, Yean, 08-Jun-09 11:45 AM, #2
Reply Individual Comments, Yean, 08-Jun-09 11:45 AM, #1
     Reply Thanks!, Ghrummin (Guest), 08-Jun-09 02:02 PM, #3
     Reply Thanks from me too!, Taichabel (Guest), 09-Jun-09 01:42 AM, #4
     Reply Your Awesome, Thanks for the role Comments., Kalageadon, 09-Jun-09 09:04 AM, #5
     Reply RE: Individual Comments, Aarn, 10-Jun-09 11:37 AM, #6
          Reply RE: Individual Comments, Yean, 13-Jun-09 02:21 AM, #7
               Reply Holy #### you played Reir?, Aeinrez (Guest), 13-Jun-09 10:34 AM, #8
               Reply RE: Individual Comments, Aarn, 13-Jun-09 10:34 AM, #9

YeanMon 08-Jun-09 11:44 AM
275 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2033, "Statistics"
In response to Reply #0

For whoever may be interested!

Total Entries: 65
Disqualified: 3

SPHERES
Fire : 6
Strength : 5
Destruction : 4
Lust : 3
Magic : 3
Purity : 3
Pride : 3
Spirit : 3
Beauty : 2
Combat : 2
Earth : 2
Knowledge : 2
Passion : 2
Poetry : 2
Sloth : 2
War : 2
Anger : 1
Balance : 1
Chaos : 1
Concealment : 1
Covetousness: 1
Creation : 1
Death : 1
Envy : 1
Gluttony : 1
Greed : 1
Healing : 1
Honour : 1
Justice : 1
Music : 1
Protection : 1
Rage : 1
Storms : 1
Vanity : 1

RACES
Cloud Giant: 7
Half-Drow : 7
Human : 7
Dark-Elf : 6
Dwarf : 6
Felar : 6
Elf : 4
Half-Elf : 4
Arial : 3
Duergar : 2
Fire Giant : 2
Gnome : 2
Minotaur : 2
Storm Giant: 2
Svirfnebli : 2
Wood-Elf : 2
Orc : 1

CLASSES
Warrior : 18
Ranger : 7
Shapeshifter : 7
Paladin : 5
Transmuter : 5
Anti-Paladin : 4
Bard : 4
Healer : 3
Assassin : 2
Druid : 2
Shaman : 2
Thief : 2
Berserker : 1
Conjurer : 1
Invoker : 1
Necromancer : 1

CABALS
None : 24
Battle : 10
Outlander: 9
Nexus : 5
Fortress : 4
Herald : 4
Empire : 3
Scion : 3
Tribunal : 2

ETHOS
Chaotic: 31
Neutral: 19
Orderly: 15

ALIGNMENT
Evil : 26
Neutral: 26
Good : 13

YeanMon 08-Jun-09 11:43 AM
275 posts
#2032, "Individual Comments"
In response to Reply #0

In the order of time submitted:

1.Sintino - Felt a bit like a newspaper article, could probably inject some additional creativity here!

2.Lirieleth - Vivid descriptive writing style that invoked clear imagery and proved a good read. Would be nice to see expansions cabal wise and on the story itself.

3.Malakhi - Vivid storytelling ability, excellently paced. Interesting role idea especially for Battle. I liked the inner conflicts experienced, and how you relate the characteristics of your char through the storytelling itself. Some questions that surfaced in my mind..why is he evil, why not remain good and hence, play up the struggle? Some cabal related updates might be nice as well.

4.Ghrummin - I liked how the characteristics of the char are amplified and told through good storytelling. Background and motives are all laid out in an interesting fashion. Personally think it would be nice to see some more religious updates.

5.Elenia - Clear cut, easy to read role that allowed me to assess char motives quickly. Your subsequent updates after the timestamp seemed interesting, but was entered a tad late Enter again next contest!

6.Tasalei - Deleted after reading role

7.Arrna - Nice bit of background story and conflict. However, I personally do not like using active imms (or active chars for that matter) in roles so literally, as how you envision them may not be accurate. More updates about the char himself will be nice, and not just what he did/is doing.

8.Danis - Well written and paced. Could probably do more explaining char's motives, sphere, aims, religion.

9.Hudralon - Clearcut layout, nice bit of background story. Looking forward to more, since you're pretty low in rank still.

10.Gzurweeg - Fun bit of Empire role! Would be nice to know how the sphere influences the char. Some Empire or current updates would be good as well, so far they're all on background/what happened in the past and motivation stuff.

11.Calbaseeti - Very intricate, careful building of a culture. Captivating storytelling that kept me interested til the end. Interesting role. Just a random, unbidden thought..how come it's so easy to depart from her duties to her tribe? I would think there might be more conflict and difficulty here.

12.Balten - Funny short story, kept me chuckling and interested til the end. Nice bit of characteristic summary too. Still a really young char and can prolly develop much more, I'm looking forward!

13.Lazain - Nice, original shaman role. Still young so looking forward to more updates..would be nice to see how his background and days of freedom after affect his adulthood. p.s.There's more to my religion than that

14.Daenung - Good bit of storytelling so far..still young, looking forward to more.

15.Vaez - I liked how you used actual events, happenings and interactions in Thera to lead your char to his decisions and path. Another one that's still young..looking forward to more. Interested to see how sphere plays out and influences.

16.Philix - Not too much here. Can prolly explain more on sphere, motives, religion, etc. Especially for an imm-less sphere, this will help greatly with empowerment. Also doesn't tell me why he does what he does..any background leading to decisions?

17.Karkator - Interesting mino direction and sphere choice, all nicely tied in. Would be nice to see some updates about his characteristics, cabal decisions and goals.

18.Kohrjun - Pretty good direction so far. Still young..waiting for more. Will be nice to see what trouble he gets himself into with his temperament, nature and stuff.

19.Vektrah - Still a very young char, waiting for more. Can prolly play up the whole sacrificial conjie thing.

20.Grudagan - Disqualified, deleted.

21.Bezuku - Another young char with not much detailed yet. Some stuff on direction (cabal, life, etc) would be good.

22.Nado - Good writing style, nice bit of cabal hinting. A little too abstract for a role and doesn't tell enough about the char itself.

23.Charkul - Well written, vivid first person story. Still young, may win an RC someday. Will be nice to know more about what he's gonna do, the rescuer, sphere, and all that.

24.Tarleton - Nice imperial bard role. Could prolly enhance sphere and char definitions further.

25.Quird - Good storywriting and adaptation to religious events and considerations. Nice entries about interaction with other chars in game, making both chars more alive and infused with life. Curious as to sphere choice. Last chapter disqualified for passing the timestamp.

26.Silanthalas - Needs formatting! Very brief and basic role, can prolly spice it up a bit with interesting events and stuff.

27.Mergen - Simple narrative informative style. Well written and an enjoyable read with a nice intro. Will be nice to see how religion plays in, and some additional background. Last 3 entries disqualified for passing timestamp!

28.Byren - Basic, first person narrative report style. A little dry, can prolly inject more emotion.

29.Tameron - Well written, informative role that provided good insight into the char.

30.Urulkaan - Nicely written, good read providing some background. Looking forward to updates that detail sphere, cabal, characteristic enhancements, etc..still young!

31.Mreash - Well written, insightful piece of role. Keep the updates of interesting everyday events coming, they're good reads so far.

32.Zaknifal - Well written, interesting story with sufficient conflict and direction. A couple Fort updates and the conflicts he face within, plus religious endeavours will be nice.

33.Fyeereth - Very intimate, personal story. Vivid narrative that kept me interested til the end. I also like the consistent, natural flow from start to end, which reflects how comfortable the char is with her rp. Maybe a bit more on her characteristics will be nice.

34.Izalarer - Well written, warped, twisted, dark, evil role. Will be nice to see a couple updates on cabal and religious related tasks.

35.Graaerht - Not much here but well written role that reflected the giant nature of said char very well. No background, no future..we'll see where he takes it from here?

36.Skavil - Very original and interesting rager and mino role. Well told and paced. More about his sphere would be good..I don't know how that fits in at present. Some stuff about his characteristics will be good too. More updates about what the researcher's learned and what he plans to do with the info and Skavil, what Skavil himself has learned and experienced, etc will be nice. I like that this role leaves lots of room for further development, yet has a solid foundation.

37.Grihll - Seems like an introductory bit to his life. A tad vague for now..but still young.

38.Nacklewig - This role cracked me up. Unconventional method of writing a role, but did its job and I liked it. Gives snippets of insight into the char that can be eaten like popcorn..not overly thick and creamy. Mm. Some updates about cabal and religion will be nice. And why is he a healer?

39.Norhm - Well written piece of role, nice descriptive background. Would like to know more about his characteristics, cabal stuff and how his sphere plays a part in his life.

40.Felthistle - Interesting and original storyline. Well written and detailed, providing background and some current affairs. Some updates regarding his characteristics, insights into his thoughts, emotions and decisions will be good. And also more about his current new life soon.

41.Kalderseg - A little too lengthy for basic foundation, but very detailed background and updates. Can prolly play up the sphere.

42.Kerlal - Still pretty young..waiting to see where it goes. Some characteristic insights, where he's gonna take the char, etc will be nice!

43.Lohik - Well written bit of background and interesting story. More about characteristics, current motives and cabal updates will be good. Also interested to see where he takes this to with his background role.

44.Voorobir - Not much here. Looking for more insight into motives, some background and characteristics.

45.Rylan - Minimal role. Needs more expansion with sphere, goals, etc. Especially for empowerment chars, more should be explained!

46.Taichabel - Fresh role and idea, kept me interested throughout and actually made me want to roll a Nexun for the first time! Very detailed and well organised. Curious as to why he's a shifter. Some additional background might be nice as well, and I'm interested to read more regarding his experimentations and experiences.

47.Atrocrus - Personal account of a story. Would be nice to learn more about characteristics, motivations, further goals and plans on how she's gonna do what she does, or get what she wants.

48.Khurm - Quick foundation role for building a char with. More about Ordasen and a couple updates will be sweet.

49.Breu - Interesting role idea that was tied well to make it believable! Kept succint and sweet as well. Will be nice to read about his characteristics and what he really is, feels, thinks. Looking forward to more updates..with such a role, will be interesting to see how it plays out/is playing out with other chars.

50.Felgort - Basic role providing some background. Looking forward to more and how his sphere plays a part, cabal stuff, and what he's learned so far.

51.Nyte - 3rd person telling, like flickers of introductory scenes leading up to a good movie. A little abstract, and doesn't reveal the whole story, which fits perfectly with her sphere although might be a bit too vague for role purposes. Some concrete details will be nice as well.

52.Beib - Consistent account from start to end, giving it a nice flow. Good read, well written and personal. Will be nice to see how it develops further religion wise.

53.Viennie - Nice bit of beginning story. Well written with a good flow. Still young..interested to learn more about your sphere choice, and how it plays out with the guardian. Any consequences, how to renew pact, etc?

54.Nysildon - A little lengthy for my liking but detailed, well thought out and built. Some cabal and religion updates will be nice!

55.Tatyviel - Interesting storyline and creative Nexus angle. Good original storytelling too. Will be good to learn more about her characteristics, mediating gifts and what he's done in the lands with them too.

56.Dargath - Short but succint role, providing some background as to his lineage. More about his current char will be good, not just about his ancestors. And is he seeking out morality again or not, etc?

57.Arriku - Crazy long 19 chapters! Heh..but it does have a good flow, was interesting from start to end, and was a very personal. Nice to have so much conflict and life in it. After all these long, will be nice to see some religious updates as well, and life as a Herald paladin.

58.Sulye - Basic Outlander role, nice how background and characteristics are tied in nicely together. I also liked how the char evolved from a child to adulthood and how her experiences moulded her so. Will be nice to see some updates regarding further evolvment and influences.

59.Bartis - Nice tie from start to end in a continuous flow. I liked how his background story is still alive even as he travels about Thera, and how he continues using story figures from his past for current affairs. Some updates about characteristics, religion and cabal life will be nie.

60.Ordorf - It's not even developed yet. Intro to I don't know what yet. Prolly needs for filling in later on, since it's an empowerment char too.

61.Veyeesha - A little plain and not too informative, a little about background. Any more motives, etc?

62.Marsen - Disqualified, deleted.

63.Dakazhul - Nice bit of introductory role, like the start of an action movie. Needs further development as this doesn't really tell me much about the char or his life at all.

64.Gahdak - Very poetically written, nice read. Some updates about char, his interactions around the land and stuff will be nice!

65.Azlotrah - Very well written, poetic bit of writing. Will be nice to learn more about the char himself. Still young, pretty sure there'll be more..might win an RC someday.

Ghrummin (Guest)Mon 08-Jun-09 12:28 PM

#2034, "Thanks!"
In response to Reply #1

Yea, I just finished a lengthy few chapters re: the religion and battle. It was a little too late for the contest. Hope you enjoy it later on!

Can't wait to see what my reward is

Taichabel (Guest)Mon 08-Jun-09 03:43 PM

#2037, "Thanks from me too!"
In response to Reply #1

Yea I've been thinking on how to tie being a shapeshifter into the role. But thanks for the input and the rewards were nice!

KalageadonTue 09-Jun-09 07:21 AM
Member since 23rd Oct 2003
1040 posts
#2039, "Your Awesome, Thanks for the role Comments."
In response to Reply #1

It takes a lot of time to read through and write a little bit about it.

AarnWed 10-Jun-09 08:09 AM
Member since 04th Feb 2005
566 posts
#2051, "RE: Individual Comments"
In response to Reply #1

Wow! I didn't even enter this time, but I have to say thanks, because you clearly put a ton of work in to this. I hope your eyes didn't cross, reading through that many roles.

Hopefully I'll have a character in position to enter the next one.

Aarn

YeanSat 13-Jun-09 01:30 AM
275 posts
#2109, "RE: Individual Comments"
In response to Reply #6

No but I'm on a role purging diet for a bit :p

And good to see you back and playing! You Captain-ed me a long time ago

Aeinrez (Guest)Sat 13-Jun-09 02:34 AM

#2110, "Holy #### you played Reir?"
In response to Reply #7

Awesome.

AarnSat 13-Jun-09 09:10 AM
Member since 04th Feb 2005
566 posts
#2114, "RE: Individual Comments"
In response to Reply #7

>You Captain-ed me a long time ago

An accident, I assure you! If I had only known what such encouragement might lead to...

Top General Discussions Events & Contests Topic #2031 Previous topic | Next topic