Subject: "March 2009 Role Contest Winners" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Events & Contests Topic #1661
Show all folders

TwistFri 06-Mar-09 06:01 PM
Member since 23rd Sep 2006
3431 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1661, "March 2009 Role Contest Winners"

1st Place: Xamekan
2nd Place: Lortas

I accidentally awarded 2nd place to someone who was a runner up in February's RC. While I did not disqualify those folks, I did "deduct points" from their overall total to compensate. I basically didn't notice/remember that person was a previous runner up, so I forgot to deduct. As I had already awarded that person their prize, I didn't feel it would be fair to take it away. So I left it, and gave a prize to the next-in-line for 2nd place.

I judged them on a combined total of humor+role quality. Unfortunately, very few had much humor at all, so the roles that won were mostly awarded due to role quality. Having even something in there that was mildly amusing went a long way this time.

The roles were mostly good. I don't have a lot of specific comments for everyone. What I do have, I'll post later - if you don't have a comment, likely your role was "good but not as good as others".

Thanks to those who participated.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Question, Wondering (Guest), 14-Mar-09 11:42 AM, #7
Reply Runner up is someone who won something but wasn't the "..., Twist, 14-Mar-09 01:30 PM, #8
     Reply Ouch, Wondering (Guest), 15-Mar-09 01:44 AM, #9
          Reply Not true., Twist, 15-Mar-09 09:16 AM, #10
               Reply I wondered if you would accept that, but history says y..., Datsue (Guest), 22-Mar-09 10:56 AM, #11
Reply RE: March 2009 Role Contest Winners, Isildur, 08-Mar-09 01:15 AM, #3
Reply A few comments, Twist, 07-Mar-09 12:35 AM, #2
Reply :( I just can't make short roles! Agghhhh!!! nt, Ghriz (Guest), 08-Mar-09 11:38 AM, #4
Reply I am quite curious what Ailinilia's note said. nt, Artificial, 09-Mar-09 10:40 AM, #5
     Reply What it said:, Twist, 09-Mar-09 11:26 AM, #6
Reply I have a char with (IMHO) a hilarious role. I just hav..., TMNS (Guest), 06-Mar-09 06:41 PM, #1

Wondering (Guest)Thu 12-Mar-09 11:46 PM

#1676, "Question"
In response to Reply #0

I don't know what a runner up is, exactly, in some of these things. I think in Corr's there were 3 "winners" and ten honorable mentions. Not sure where the runner up is.

TwistSat 14-Mar-09 01:30 PM
3431 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1681, "Runner up is someone who won something but wasn't the "..."
In response to Reply #7

In the case of Corr's rewards, it would equate with honorable mention.

Wondering (Guest)Sat 14-Mar-09 02:07 PM

#1682, "Ouch"
In response to Reply #8

400 imm xp nixed my chances for ever winning one. That sucks, but ok!

TwistSun 15-Mar-09 09:16 AM
3431 posts
#1685, "Not true."
In response to Reply #9

Each of us makes our own guidelines. Some imms completely rule you out if you've ever won anything in a former RC. Some imms ignore anything but the previous overall winner(s).

I decided to do sorta halfway - if your role was really, really good, IMO, then you would have won something despite previous RC lovin'.

Datsue (Guest)Sun 22-Mar-09 09:58 AM

#1690, "I wondered if you would accept that, but history says y..."
In response to Reply #10

So I didn't even try even though I had role additions.

IsildurSat 07-Mar-09 06:09 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
5969 posts
#1664, "RE: March 2009 Role Contest Winners"
In response to Reply #0

You get extra points for timeliness.

TwistSat 07-Mar-09 12:35 AM
3431 posts
#1663, "A few comments"
In response to Reply #0

As I said above, not everyone will have comments. If you have no comments, it is safe to assume that you either weren't in the first 25, or that I had nothing really good or bad to say about your role.

Ailinilia: Your role was marginal, but you got extra points for amusement. Not for the role, but because your note made me chuckle because I'm as dirty minded as a 16 year old.

Greh: Your role was disjointed and hard to understand, but there were a couple of typos that made it amusing to read.

Ruutob: I honestly didn't read very far into this role - the formatting was too painful to look at.

Arriku: Little formatting issue but a good role. ABSOLUTELY not amusing, depressing actually. I've seen roles where far less sorrow have caused "otherwise good" people to go evil.

Kasir: I like roles that include existing (or recent) chars and real-life events told as a story. No humor though.

Zisussayan: That joke was terrible. Plus against the rules, even if it had been incredibly funny.

Ekavlu: Disqualified for deleting, wouldn't have won anyways, but I wanted to point this out. The Lord of Order = Derit = Lord of Shadows. The Forsaken One = Rahvin = The Violet Spider. Your role mixed the two up.

Ghriz (Guest)Sun 08-Mar-09 01:24 AM

#1665, ":( I just can't make short roles! Agghhhh!!! nt"
In response to Reply #2

no text

ArtificialSun 08-Mar-09 05:50 PM
Member since 22nd Apr 2008
1180 posts
#1668, "I am quite curious what Ailinilia's note said. nt"
In response to Reply #2

nt

TwistMon 09-Mar-09 11:26 AM
3431 posts
#1670, "What it said:"
In response to Reply #5

"While mine are small, I'd be happy to hear what you have to say."

After I read it, I said over the imm channel:

Twist: Anything more than a handful is a waste, anyway.

TMNS (Guest)Fri 06-Mar-09 06:34 PM

#1662, "I have a char with (IMHO) a hilarious role. I just hav..."
In response to Reply #0

Woe is me.

Top General Discussions Events & Contests Topic #1661 Previous topic | Next topic