Subject: "What I have so far" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Events & Contests Topic #1537
Show all folders

The_Poison_PenFri 11-Jul-08 10:46 AM
Member since 30th Nov 2006
40 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1537, "What I have so far"
Edited on Fri 11-Jul-08 11:15 AM

Check it out. Ignore the Melee Only bracket...Choose the Melee bracket.

http://www.bracketmaker.com/tlist.cfm?tid=285548

-PP

As I am editing I put ** beside the brackets that are good. If it doesnt have a ** beside it don't click it.

For some silly reason you can't delete a bracket...so I ended up having to make bigger ones with empty spots so I can add more names and move people around.

Work in progress people, Work in progress!

All opinions expressed by the staff of The Poison Pen (tm) are gathered from various official sources. Drunks, prostitutes, ne'er-do-wells, and kobolds mainly.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

The_Poison_PenSun 13-Jul-08 08:56 AM
Member since 30th Nov 2006
40 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1542, "See you tonight"
In response to Reply #0

We will do as much as we have the stamina for tonight...if we have to push the finals over to another night then so be it. I know 10pm is late..and people work tomorrow..but I honestly can't get to the computer any earlier.

Yes, we will try and do the double elimination just like the brackets indicate. Trying to make it more fair, and more like a real tournament.

-PP

All opinions expressed by the staff of The Poison Pen (tm) are gathered from various official sources. Drunks, prostitutes, ne'er-do-wells, and kobolds mainly.

IsildurSun 13-Jul-08 02:40 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
5969 posts
#1543, "RE: See you tonight"
In response to Reply #2

FYI in the melee bracket, the winner of Inger v. Izhulli gets two consecutive bye rounds after that. Basically the winner of that match automatically makes it into the championship match. Kinda wonky. I'm guessing when there are 10 contestants (i.e. 5 initial matches) you want to have 3 in one branch and 2 in the other, so it's at least semi-balanced. I've never organized a tournament before, though, so who knows.

RuhktanshiWed 06-Aug-08 03:53 PM
Member since 06th Aug 2008
23 posts
#1548, "RE: See you tonight"
In response to Reply #2

Have you given out the rewards for the Arena doubles/triples winners? Last I spoke neither Inger nor I had recieved any note or anything. Been weeks!

Ruhk

IsildurSat 12-Jul-08 01:47 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
5969 posts
#1538, "RE: What I have so far"
In response to Reply #0

Is it actually going to be double elimination like the brackets indicate, or is that just the way you had to set it up?

Top General Discussions Events & Contests Topic #1537 Previous topic | Next topic