Subject: "Shoddy Arena Tournamen that ran on the weekend" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Events & Contests Topic #1534
Show all folders

The_Poison_PenWed 09-Jul-08 08:03 AM
Member since 30th Nov 2006
40 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1534, "Shoddy Arena Tournamen that ran on the weekend"

Saw the query on Dio's.

No, I didn't seed. No I didn't plan very well. heh. I had just gotten back from my mini-4th vacation and wanted to contribute. After which however I found a really neat bracket making website called bracketmaker.com and figured..this is a way I can improve on this concept and make it fun for the players.

Heres my scribblings for last Sunday night. Keep in mind..it was like free tea day at the Inn of the Eternal Star. Going to work on a command that prevents killing/stealing and maybe even winking.

Mharr
vs <----------Mharr
Taasarin

Ialer
vs<----------Eostri
Eostri

Thalujar
vs<--------Thalujar
Sinvool

Thalujar then fought Eostri and lost. Eostri fought Mharr and Mharr won the division.
**Then Irerin who was being very quiet and polite. So quiet and polite even that I forgot to put his name inthe list..fought Mharr as a consolation fight. This was well into the evening when my brain was almost mush.

---------------------------------------------

Sokka
vs<--------Sokka
Lerzion

then
Sokka
vs<---------Varvazi won
Varvazi

Ixilth
vs <-------------Ixilth
Sharillan

Iltanthal
vs <----------------Hect
Hect

then
Ixilth
vs<---------------Ixilth
Hect

Liluthiyan
vs <--------------Waris
Waris

Mizfara
vs <------------Mizfara
Zanarlok

Again..Renkaide was forgotten...then I was originally going to make MIz and Renkaide fight..but figured that wouldnt be right so I'm pretty sure I had him fight Ixilth as an intermediary fight. Like I said..I was flying by the seat of my pants. Mizfara lost by a HAIR..really was a good close fight. Then Hect and Waris fought and it was like most final matches..a pseudo dissapointment. Not near as close as the Waris/Mizfara fight.

All opinions expressed by the staff of The Poison Pen (tm) are gathered from various official sources. Drunks, prostitutes, ne'er-do-wells, and kobolds mainly.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

IsildurWed 09-Jul-08 01:22 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
5969 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1536, "RE: Shoddy Arena Tournamen that ran on the weekend"
In response to Reply #0

I think Iriren also fought Eostri and won.

Also, didn't Ixilth fight Waris (and lose) in the hero bracket championship?

Greae (Guest)Wed 09-Jul-08 12:55 PM

#1535, "RE: Shoddy Arena Tournamen that ran on the weekend"
In response to Reply #0

It was fun to watch, but if you are open to suggestions for next time here are some that I had.

You already mentioned stopping the fighting for a time there, that will help a lot, but it would also be nice if there was a "quiet" room where we could go and not hear anything said/emoted/actions in the room, just tells, cabal channel, etc.

Easier method migt be to just yell everything as the poison pen, so that people could spread out some to reduce all the spam of eating from the pouches/talking/etc. and still know who was up next.

Get around the times where both fighters couldn't initiate a challenge.

Speaking personally, I am not sure how well a conjurer could take part in this contest. The time window in the prep room is too short to get the conjurations done, and doing them outside would be difficult at best unless there was no combat there at all....including angels/devils attacking enemies automatically there.

Top General Discussions Events & Contests Topic #1534 Previous topic | Next topic