Subject: "Drinking Fountains" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Bug Submissions Topic #25023
Show all folders

WannaDrink (Anonymous)Fri 09-Jun-23 11:39 PM
Charter member
#25023, "Drinking Fountains"

The recent change to alcohol fountains doesn't appear to be working quite right.

Expected: Drink, feel tipsy, Drink, feel drunk, Drink, feel smashed, get alcohol poison. Just like normal.

What happens: Drink, feel sated, drink, feel sated up to about 10 times, then you no longer feel it helps your thirst. Affects: NA Nothing affecting you, no tipsy, drunk, etc. But, drink 1 time from a container, i.e. a skin, and get alcohol poisoning without any other effects. And, once it's gone, you have your skill interrupted at about a 20-25% rate as if you're wracked, but no headache or any visible effect.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

IshuliSat 10-Jun-23 07:04 AM
Member since 13th Feb 2017
2171 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#25024, "Needs more info"
In response to Reply #0
Edited on Sat 10-Jun-23 07:07 AM

Do you have the alcoholic flaw or not?
What fountain?
What drink in the fountain?
Were you sober at the time? Tipsy at the time? Drunk at the time? Smashed at the time? Alcohol poisoning at the time?

Remember, more info helps me! Logs help too.

Otherwise you make me spend a ton of time on what could be an easy fix!

WannaDrink (Anonymous)Sat 10-Jun-23 02:19 PM
Charter member
#25026, "RE: Needs more info"
In response to Reply #1

I apologize if I didn't post clearly enough. I lost the log in the buffer.

I do not have an alcoholic flaw. I was drinking from the whiskey fountain in Whiysdan's shrine. I was 100% sober, no drinks prior. I then drank 10 times, checking my affects after every few drinks. No affects were noted the entire time. I got up until 10 drinks before the echo of quenching my thirst changed to not quenching my thirst. Still, no affects at all were listed and no echos of being tipsy, drunk, or smashed ever happened. I then drank 1 time from a skin and was hit with alcohol poisoning and no other affects listed.

Once I cleared the Alcohol poisoning, it was like I had a hangover and kept failing to cast spells at about a 20-25% failure rate. It should be noted that I wasn't trying to cast really prior, so I do not know if this is simply an affect of having alcohol poisoning or not.

IshuliTue 13-Jun-23 12:23 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2017
2171 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#25029, "Perfect and thus probably fixed."
In response to Reply #2

Thanks for the extra details + log. Helped me single out what I THINK it is.

I reworked the logic as a result, and figured out that what I thought sent echoes did NOT send echoes.

So this will hopefully be fixed next time around!

WannaDrink (Anonymous)Sat 10-Jun-23 11:50 PM
Charter member
#25027, "Log"
In response to Reply #1
Edited on Tue 13-Jun-23 12:22 PM

**SNIP**

Echo changes at 9. To, you're still quite thirsty. Now, if I were to take a drink from my container, I'd get alcohol poisoning. And only alcohol poisoning as an affect for -1 hrs. With the accompanying invisible hangover.

Top General Discussions Bug Submissions Topic #25023 Previous topic | Next topic