Subject: "Cannot buy mercs when within 5 levels below them" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Bug Submissions Topic #23224
Show all folders

CarrockWed 30-Oct-19 04:23 PM
Member since 13th Mar 2019
51 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#23224, "Cannot buy mercs when within 5 levels below them"

Expected: I, a level 13 adventurer, should be able to buy a merc within 5 levels of me. General 'help buy' states this:

"You can only buy an item of your level plus five or lower, not including wands, talismans or scrolls (which can only be purchased if you are at or above their level). An exception is that anyone can buy an item (but not a pet/mercenary) of level 1-10, even if their own level is lower. "

Actual: I went to buy a swarthy mercenary in Hamsah, which is level 15 NPC. I got the message that I cannot control this mercenary yet.

Steps to Reproduce:
1) Try to buy a merc that is within +5 levels of you.

Possible explanation: maybe the help file is unclear and this works as intended. In that case, please update the help file to say "You can only buy an item of your level plus five or lower, not including wands, talismans, scrolls or pets/mercenaries ".

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

UmironWed 25-Dec-19 06:06 PM
Member since 29th May 2017
1495 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#23271, "By design. Helpfile update coming. (nt)"
In response to Reply #0

asd

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Top General Discussions Bug Submissions Topic #23224 Previous topic | Next topic