Subject: "Acute Vision detect invis expected to work in this cond..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Bug Submissions Topic #23111
Show all folders

Animist (Anonymous)Thu 13-Sep-18 11:50 PM
Charter member
#23111, "Acute Vision detect invis expected to work in this condition"

Subject: Acute Vision detect invis affect not appearing to work in this condition -

Expected: Item affect is (invis) and while I'm in the wilds, expect to be able to see the item by use of acute vision alone as an animist.

Actual: If I only have acute vision up, then I won't see the item(s) in my inventory that have (invis) flag - I have to use a detect invisible prep instead.

Steps to Reproduce:
1) Grab an (invis) flagged item and be in any wilderness area.
2) Under affect of acute vision, check inventory for item.
3) Use detect invis prep and check inventory second time to compare.

Repro Rate: 5/5

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

UmironSat 24-Nov-18 01:45 PM
Member since 29th May 2017
1495 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#23128, "By design."
In response to Reply #0

I don't see any code that suggests there was ever any intention that things would work this way for objects (the way it does for characters).

Thanks for the nice succinct report though.

CalionSat 24-Nov-18 05:48 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
367 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#23129, "Acute vision detects invis pcs?"
In response to Reply #1

And it is supposed to work that way?! I always thought it was a bug. And probably related to the other 10+ years old acute vision bug that never got unqueued (that I remember), i.e. the way you can scan and see hidden (or even invis) npcs in the wilderness, but when you move into that room you no longer see the hidden npc (for pcs I think it worked as expected, because I can't recall any problems seeing hiding pc assassins).

Top General Discussions Bug Submissions Topic #23111 Previous topic | Next topic