Subject: "Dissappearing bottle." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Bug Submissions Topic #21973
Show all folders

JaegendarSun 15-Nov-15 03:56 PM
Member since 30th May 2014
136 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#21973, "Dissappearing bottle."
Edited on Fri 16-Feb-18 05:40 PM

snip

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Unable to reproduce, Destuvius, 15-Nov-15 04:55 PM, #1
     Reply This has happened to a bunch of people now. , Lhydia, 16-Dec-15 04:18 PM, #2
     Reply the item is completely normal, Scarabaeus, 16-Dec-15 04:25 PM, #4
     Reply RE: Unable to reproduce, Jaegendar, 16-Dec-15 04:18 PM, #3
     Reply RE: Unable to reproduce, Jaegendar, 05-Feb-18 02:42 PM, #5
          Reply What's the name of the item? NT, Kstatida, 14-Feb-18 01:19 PM, #6

DestuviusSun 15-Nov-15 04:55 PM
Member since 08th Oct 2013
1012 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#21974, "Unable to reproduce"
In response to Reply #0

Do you have something begin gagged by your client by chance?

LhydiaSun 15-Nov-15 05:06 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
2377 posts
#21975, "This has happened to a bunch of people now. "
In response to Reply #1

Basically they pick up the bottle but it doesn't show up in their inventory even though it is there. They will have carry weight and inventory slot for it and it will even show up in their corpse as a blank space item or something weird like that.

ScarabaeusWed 16-Dec-15 04:25 PM
Member since 19th Feb 2011
1524 posts
#22020, "the item is completely normal"
In response to Reply #2

I've looked it over thoroughly; I'm also thinking there has to be some kind of a client issue.

JaegendarSun 15-Nov-15 05:26 PM
136 posts
#21976, "RE: Unable to reproduce"
In response to Reply #1

>Do you have something begin gagged by your client by chance?
>
>
I use Cmud and in the past I had a problem setting up a prompt correctly because a command was gagged. I fixed it by disabling parsing.

I tried the same thing with this, by disabling parsing but I was still unable to see the bottle.

JaegendarFri 19-Jan-18 03:07 PM
136 posts
#22997, "RE: Unable to reproduce"
In response to Reply #1

>Do you have something begin gagged by your client by chance?
>
>

I got an update for this really old phenomena, that apparently a few of my fellow cfers have dealt with.

It was baffling that I couldn't see the bottle and obviously I thought that "parsing" in cmud would be the thing that would be preventing it from appearing in my screen. When disabling that didn't work I took a look at the keys that cmud selects to have special functions, but I didn't find anything that could be gagging the bottle. That's when I posted the "bug" on this forum a long time ago.

Yesterday I stumbled upon this: If I disable triggers, it stops gagging the bottle. Now, I don't have any special triggers in my cmud, the only triggers I have are those that are produced by cmud to log in automatically without having to type username and password.

I have no idea what the interaction between the default triggers and that bottle in specific is. I know you guys are not cmud scripters but if you have an idea what I could do to fix it, I wouldn't mind a hand. It would probably also help anyone else that uses cmud to play.

KstatidaMon 05-Feb-18 03:39 PM
Member since 12th Feb 2015
2214 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#23009, "What's the name of the item? NT"
In response to Reply #5

NT

Top General Discussions Bug Submissions Topic #21973 Previous topic | Next topic