Subject: "December 21: Distention, Luck, and AP Charges" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Announcements Twist the Season to Be Jolly Topic #120
Show all folders

TwistSat 21-Dec-13 08:22 PM
Member since 23rd Sep 2006
3431 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#120, "December 21: Distention, Luck, and AP Charges"

Another grab bag of questions today. Again, big thanks to Daevryn for filling in the (sometimes quite large) gaps in my knowledge.

Vimal asks:

Old CF had a few things we all remember/enjoyed. One for me was the heart exploding when you killed 3x your level until like 25? I def. remember having the badass felar rager assassin I thought I was going to go crazy with and then boom, I miscounted my PK's and my heart exploded.

Well, new CF brought about distention. While I think it's cool to extend that level range, I get pretty ugh about losing the previous targets.

I haven't put in any time to actually see what PK's you can do without
distending and I've briefly read some theories ppl have put on over the years but I'm sure like other stuff they are off as proven even by your edge posts(which I'm gobbling up btw thanks).

So I guess that is my request question, how does distention work?

Answer: You're allowed a certain number of kills per level. This number does not change as you go up, it's the same number regardless of level. Breaking this number removes the "9 levels above you" cap for PK range, and also starts giving you virtual XP which is used to calculate your range. The more you go over the number of kills, the higher your virtual XP is.

Howard asks:
Does luck do anything other than helping with skills that involve landing lucky blows? Bit more specific question what does the lucky edge do for it.

Answer: The first part of this question has been answered a number of times, most recently here: http://forums.carrionfields.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=6&topic_id=53284&mesg_id=53287&page=

The second part, though. The Lucky edge increases your luck by 2. I would personally never take this edge if my character wasn't going to rely fairly heavily on gambling.

Jem Andican asks:
Please explain how AP charges are calculated in regards to how many people are worth.

Answer: Kills make you worth more, deaths make you worth less, and there are a couple little bonuses here and there for things that are hard for A-Ps to deal with. But 95% of the time it just comes down to kills and deaths. One example (and I only actually know one, personally) of a little bonus type deal is being a paladin with a virtue (2 or 3 virtues increases your value accordingly).

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicDecember 21: Distention, Luck, and AP Charges [View all] , Twist, Sat 21-Dec-13 08:22 PM
Reply RE: December 21: Distention, Luck, and AP Charges, Daevryn, 21-Dec-13 08:51 PM, #1
     Reply RE: December 21: Distention, Luck, and AP Charges, Twist, 21-Dec-13 08:59 PM, #2
Top General Discussions Announcements Twist the Season to Be Jolly Topic #120 Previous topic | Next topic