Subject: "Tweak to necro downtime (ability cooldowns)" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top Santa Zulg 2011 Topic #399
Show all folders

fist-lawThu 15-Dec-11 05:01 PM
Member since 30th Sep 2011
149 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#399, "Tweak to necro downtime (ability cooldowns)"

I saw you mention somewhere that you had considered tweaking some cooldowns to eliminate wasted time when a person first logs in.

GREAT IDEA!

Specifically, these:

-Lesser golem and greater undead currently have a 48 hour timer, I think. First, it would be nice to see that halved since, especially at the high levels, you can get them mowed through super fast. Once that happens the necro is just going to teleport around and avoid everyone, which really isn't fun for anyone. Second, if you log out while the timer is active it would be nice to have the cooldown keep ticking. I think this is better than just eliminating the cooldown altogether, because there is no way to cheat; You can't lose them and then log out/in instantly to get them back, but you can log out as normal, come back hours later, and not have to deal with being useless for a while.

-Wall of Putrid Flesh - Considering the very long cooldown that goes on this when it gets destroyed, could you consider adding some way to dismiss it? Currently, you have to stand there and wait it out or recall/teleport to get away from it. Also, this one is a necessity for gathering your first undead, a lot of times. So, could it follow a similar timer adjustment to the one listed above?

-Manifest shadow. One casting per in-game week is just gnarly.

I'm sure other classes have similarities in these regards, such as conjurer and druid pets. But, this is off the top of my head. It's based solely on a desire to be able to get into the mix and have fun faster.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicTweak to necro downtime (ability cooldowns) [View all] , fist-law, Thu 15-Dec-11 05:01 PM
Reply Do you actually read the other ideas?, Zulghinlour, 15-Dec-11 05:11 PM, #1
     Reply Yeah, but I was giving you specifics. Thanks though! -n..., fist-law, 15-Dec-11 08:14 PM, #2
Top Santa Zulg 2011 Topic #399 Previous topic | Next topic