Subject: "Gmuer Sabourin(Muouk)" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions History & Lore Topic #29
Show all folders

OdrirgWed 24-Jan-07 12:05 PM
Member since 16th Oct 2004
431 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#553, "Gmuer Sabourin(Muouk)"

Well. Got myself a 100 dollar laptop. At first, it was really painful being forced to be away from cf, now I'm not sure if I still have the "chops" to come back. With some RL stuff going on at the moment, I unfortunately feel my "unlimited interesting roles" producing organ has failed. I used to come up with 10 roles a day that I would like to play, sometimes based on my dreams. Now I can't think up any.

Anyway. Here is Gmuer's role. I really liked it, but at first was surprised when it won the role contest, because I thought it wasn't as good as some of my past ones that only got honorable mentions, or didn't place at all. Until I started playing it, and I probably had more fun playing this role than any I've ever played.

***I had many other role additions waiting to go in, but never got to go in, so I won't include those. And I am going to excise some personal information that I put in there, as an explanation to the immstaff on why I dissapeared for a month the first time, that's not pertinent to the role***

desc + Epicanthic folds drawn tight nearly completely hide the purplish hue of his
desc + eyes that sneaks out and seems to dart back and forth in a feaverish urgency.
desc + His round, flat face carries an otherwise open expression, if it could be
desc + said to carry any, which might be a stretch.
desc +
desc + His thick, sandy-brown hair, a full 4'9 from the ground, is shaved away from
desc + the lower part of his head, leaving a round helmet-like pate with a bottom
desc + parallel to the ground and even with his nearly non-existant eyebrows.
desc +
desc + Upon a closer look, it is not that his eyebrows are thin, it is more that
desc + their light blond color fades almost perfectly into his pale complexion.
desc +

********************ROLE********************

Role subject Read this first, quick personality summary.
role +
role + To quote from "Serenity":
role + ******************
role +
role + Operative: I'm sorry. If your quarry goes to ground,leave no ground to
role + go to. You should have taken my offer. Or did you think none of this was your
role + fault?
role +
role + Malcolm Reynolds: I don't murder children.
role +
role + Operative: I do. If I have to.
role +
role + Malcolm Reynolds: Why? Do you even know why they sent you?
role +
role + Operative: It's not my place to ask. I believe in something greater
role + than myself. A better world. A world without sin.
role +
role + Malcolm Reynolds: So me and mine gotta lay down and die... so you can
role + live in your better world?
role +
role + Operative: I'm not going to live there. There's no place for me
role + there...any more than there is for you. Malcolm... I'm a monster.What I do is
role + evil. I have no illusions about it, but it must be done.
role +
role + ******************
role +
role + Basically he hates evil. Despises having to do evil. But is convinced that
role + pure Order and Justice, without the defiling influence of the corruption and
role + whim that is rife in the Empire, will bring about perfect peace and harmony
role + to the whole world.
role +
role + He does what he does, because he himself thinks it would be a worse sin to
role + see the path to the better future for all creatures till the end of time, but
role + not do what is necessary to bring that world about because of a squeemish
role + stomach.
role +
role + He is fond of using this rationale, at least to himself, to justify
role + what he is doing and to convince himself that he is not really "evil" inside.
role +
role +
role + If the sacrifice of one lightwalker's pinky finger could bring about eternal
role + bliss for an infinite number of beings for all eternity, would it be worth
role + it?
role +
role + What about that Lightwalker's hand? Arm? Both legs? Life?.......soul?
role +
role + What about 10 Lightwalkers? 100? 1000?
role +
role + He is willing to be the one lightwalker to lose his soul for this goal.
role + Because the goal is worthy. But he also has no compunctions in making any
role + number of other law-breaking lightwalkers pay with their lives. Because it
role + will bring the greater good.
role +
role + He also has somewhat of a "short person" complex.
role +

role subject Read this second, outline of history Part one.
role +
role + This will give the basics instead of the 14 page version. This will just
role + attempt to touch on the parts that formed his beliefs and personality as it
role + exists now.
role +
role + Born in a far off, civilized, corrupt, evil society. Doesn't know where it
role + is now.
role +
role + Loved his Mother very much. Oedipal? not really, he was too young.
role +
role + His Father, hating the corruption and evil, faught against the government,
role + Robin Hood style, leaving his family for long periods of time.
role +
role + The Govt found out his father's identity, and came looking for him, but could
role + not find him. According to the Law, his family must pay. This started him
role + down the road of hating his Father.
role +
role + He and his mom were sentenced to 10 years. The first five they would be
role + Seperated. She was to work as a palace whore, he was to stay in the "hole".
role + After five years, they were moved to a "rehabilitation" camp where they
role + helped feed the Govt by growing crops. After their term, they would be
role + free.
role +

role subject Outline of history part two.
role +
role + During his time in the hole, he hated the unceasing, hateful, blinding, total
role + darkness. He yearned for the Light.
role +
role + His one comfort during this time, was a friend in the next cell, Dimity, a
role + young girl who was to be released from the hole to work the rehabilitation
role + farm a month before he was to be.
role +
role + They became fast friends, and fell madly in love as only young children can,
role + making long plans for the future when they were free.
role +
role + That last month in the hole without Dimity to talk to was torture, finally,
role + he was released, and taken to the rehab farm. Dimity was there to meet him.
role +
role + She was ugly as sin. Worse, if that is possible.
role +
role + But he had learned to try to be honorable, and nice, and he really did
role + remember how great a personality she had, so he resolved to "get used to"
role + her appearance.
role +
role + She placed a hand over her mouth, and he saw tears in her eyes, and thought
role + them to be tears of joy...before she started laughing. Of the Bust-a-gut,
role + painful to breathe variety of laugh.
role +

role subject Outline of history part three.
role +
role + She was laughing, because he is a Runt. Very short. In a society that values
role + physical prowess, it was looked down upon as almost on the level of a crime
role + to be so short and thin.
role +
role + The Ugly bitch rejected HIM! After he had resolved to be the gentleman and
role + suffer through having to look at her face! Anger. Rage. Rejection.
role + Depression. Finally a bottomless pit of sadness.
role +
role + This was the beginning of his eventual revelation, years later, that the
role + Darkness was an equalizer. Shine too much light on a group of people, and
role + what you see are differences. This one has too long a nose, that one is too
role + fat. This one too short. But in the Darkness. Everyone begins equally.
Role +
role + And equality is the beginning of Justice. And pure Justice, is the
role + beginning of bliss.
role +

role subject Outline of history part four.
role +
role + The next three years were hard. All of the children, and even the guards,
role + would mock, and often beat, him.
role +
role + What kept him sane (if he can be said to be sane anymore, which might not
role + TECHNICALLY be true)was his Mother. She taught him of the law. And Justice.
role + How it was right that they pay for the crimes of his father, because
role + that was the Law. And without law, there would be only Anarchy.
role +
role + Sure, the govt was corrupt, but corrupt law is better than no law.
role +
role + She gave him unconditional, shining, love.
role +

role subject Outline of history part five.
role +
role + Time at the Rehab Farm was just becoming bearable, and in two short years,
role + he and his mother would be Free!
role +
role + Then his father returned. Found his family in a slave camp, and snuck inside.
role + He spoke at length about the evils of the govt. About how it was the job of
role + every lightwalker to stand against evil.
role +
role + How it was evil for his beloved wife and son to be slaves, just because he
role + was a "freedom fighter".
role +
role + He convinced his wife. They took their son, and tried to escape.
role +

role subject Outline of history part six.
role +
role + Rare is the night that he does not have nightmares linked to those three
role + hellish weeks on the run. Filled with conflicting emotions.
role +
role + Desperation to convince his parents they were doing wrong!
role + Frustration at them not listening to him.
role + Desire to return to the Farm, and finish his term and gain freedom.
role + Despair in knowing it was too late to do that, and that he was condemned to a
role + life on the Run, if he wanted to live.
role +
role + And growing anger and hatred of his Father, for even in his dreams, he knows,
role + loathes, and cowers from what always comes next.
role +

role subject Outline of history part seven.
role +
role + They were captured. Of course. His Mother was put to death as an escapee. His
role + Father rightly Impaled. He too, should have been put to death as an escapee.
role +
role + But one of the corrupt officials saw this small, lithe boy. And un-natural
role + desires took hold of his flesh. He was put upon a ship, to be sent to this
role + official's winter palace, and there to become a sex slave for the rest of
role + his life.
role +
role + (here is where he learns to hate corruption in the law, which is why he would
role + never knowingly join an organization as corrupt as the Empire).
role +
role + He spent winter and spring in an....icky...torture. At the end of spring, he
role + was shipped to the official's summer palace.
role +
role + A late spring storm blew them off course, for weeks it seems. Finally to be
role + ground into the coral reefs in a strange sea (turns out to be the western
role + aryth).
role +
role + By pure force of will, he survives the shipwreck, and makes his way towards
role + the signs of Civilization...and find himself in a massive city he had never
role + heard of before (seantryn modan).
role +

role subject Carefully Crafted Cowardice.
role +
role + For much of his life, he plans on carefully crafting a persona of complete
role + cowardice, at least as far as he can take it without it affecting his rise
role + through the mortal leadership.
role +
role + Why? A few reasons.
role +
role + His father, damn him, used to try to teach him tactics. There is a thing
role + called a "baited ambush". When you first make contact, you run away as fast
role + as you can, only to turn and strike in full force after your pursuing foe has
role + decided you will be easy meat.
role +
role + Such a tactical device can also be used strategically.
role +
role + In his time at the Farm, he used to play cards with his Mother. Games even
role + like Spades, and poker (when you are desperate, you can even play those as
role + two-player games).
role +
role + In spades, it is possible to bid low, to make the other side bid high, then
role + you come out strong, and make them not hit their mark.
role +
role + In Poker, if you play very tight, and always check and fold, it opens up your
role + opponents to believe you when you bluff and bid alot of money.
role +
role + As such, he intends in his early life to try to make very sure that his
role + enemies see him as a non-entity, a coward who will run at the first sign of
role + trouble.
role +
role + This way, when the time comes and he comes into power, his enemies will fall
role + before him like straw, never knowing what hit them.
role +

role subject First years in Seantryn Modan
role +
role + He lived as a street urchin, never stealing but lowering himself to egging
role + to survive. Slowly, he learned of the world, and the ways of Thera.
role +
role + When he was old enough, he applied and was admitted to the paladin guild in
role + the City.
role +
role + After the first week, it was clear that very few paladin trainees ever had
role + the zeal and determination to work hard to make the world better.
role +
role + Unfortunately, this was not to last. In the fifth week of training, he got
role + into an...argument might be too light a term...with the guildmaster.
role +
role + It centered around where the "line" should be drawn. What tactics should
role + or should not be taken, in defense of the weak and innocent.
role +
role + It was Gmuer's decision that to save the life of the greatest number of
role + innocents, you must be as hard as your enemy, you must defeat him utterly.
role +
role + His attitude, and zeal, scared the Paladin guildmaster, and he was ejected.
role +
role + He was not back on the street for a full week before he was approached by
role + a shady figure.
role +
role + This figure talked long with Gmuer, about a guild in which nothing was
role + forbidden. A guild where the only limit on your strength and power and
role + influence on the world was you yourself, not some wrong-headed morality
role + that would force you to hold back from doing what needs to be done.
role +
role + Thus, the young Gmuer entered the Necromancer's guild, on the promise that
role + he may one day gain the strength to bring order, peace, and bliss to the
role + World.
role +

role subject Slave's name
role +
role + Gmuer is not above buying slaves to help him. Infact, he enjoys doing such
role + and will do so whenever possible.
role +
role + Partly, it gives him a chance to force evil creatures who are slaves to work
role + with him towards bringing endless bliss to Thera.
role +
role + Mostly, he likes to buy the biggest, ugliest ones he can find, so he can
role + tell them that their name is "Dimity".
role +
role + Just some small, ongoing revenge against that young girl from his time in the
role + Hole and the Farm.
role +

role subject Some clarification re:personality and alignment
role +
role + In Gmuer's own mind, he is a lightwalker who is just willing to do evil
role + things, and lose his soul, to bring about paradise for the whole world.
role +
role + In reality, such a decision has changed him to be truly evil, despite what
role + he thinks of himself.
role +
role + It would probably devastate him if his conscious mind ever became aware, but
role + he has started to really like the pain he inflicts on others, especially
role + the innocents that "get in his way". Even though he could never admit this
role + to himself.
role +
role + Also, he likes to think of himself as quite "even keel'ed" never getting
role + too upset. He tries very hard to not speak ill of others or use profanity,
role + as in his mind a true lightwalker wouldn't.
role +
role + But, there are times when he explodes in rages. And as he grows older, it
role + seems these times when anger grabs hold of his mind grow harder to hold off.
role +

Role subject rp reason behind absense part 1
role +
role + Gmuer has had a crisis of faith, and come out on the other side wiser,
role + sadder, stronger, and with a better understanding of the True meaning of
role + Justice.
role +
role + In his early life, he had largely convinced himself that much of his vast
role + reserve of inner strength sprang mostly form his ability to emotionally
role + distant himself from the necessities of life, and victory in building a
role + better world.
role +
role + Rage, anger, fear, depression, even joy, happiness and humor, he thought were
role + completely foreign to his nature.
role +
role + Indeed, he took great pride in his calculating world-view. He was about
role + bringing Justice, not about emotionally tangling in the world.
role +
role + But then, he started down the road of the True Religion, the Religion of
role + Justice.
role +
role + He was reborn, and in his rebirth, his father gave him what he thought at
role + first was a curse.
role +
role + For the first time in his life, an anger seethed within him in such force
role + that he could not ignore it, or say it wasn't there, even to himself.
role +
role + He thought of this as a weakness.
role +
role + But Gmuer is not stupid, of all the things that can be said of his corrupt
role + and secretly shriveled soul, stupidity is truthfully not one of them.
role +

Role Subject rp reason behind absense part 2
role +
role + He had begun his career as a Magistrate with many goals, amoung them the firm
role + desire to prove to his enemies (and even friends) that he was a coward, so
role + that in the future when he had the power he needed, surprise would be a
role + weapon he could wield to cut the hearts out of those who's deeds cried out
role + for Justice.
role +
role + But his Anger took a vote, and it was unanimous. No playing possum for Gmuer.
role +
role + It started out with him being assaulted by a Cow Village berserker. In a
role + protected city no less.
role +
role + Caution, and his plan, led him to retreat at first. But then, his anger took
role + hold, and he went out, hunted down, and alone brought this villager to
role + taste Justice.
role +
role + More than once since then, his anger has forced him to act in ways that could
role + not be seen in any way as cautious, but every time he has let his anger
role + get the better of him, Justice has won the day.
role +
role + So even though he feared this anger, he saw the signs and knew it not for a
role + curse from his Father, but a blessing.
role +
role + And after much introspection, he realized his Father had not given him this
role + blessing of anger, but merely revealed what was already within his heart.
role +
role + This disturbed Gmuer, and went against everything he had based his
role + understanding of Justice upon.
role +
role + So, he took a leave of absense from his work, and went travelling. He had
role + never had a normal life, and he knew that somehow the answer to his internal
role + debate stood in an understanding of what it meant to have a true life.
role +

Role subject Rp reason behind absense part 3
role +
role + At first, he visited many small villages, always invisible to the normal eye,
role + and watched. He watched people at their worst, and people at their best, he
role + watched funerals, and many hundreds of Weddings.
role +
role + **As a side note, having watched all of those weddings, he noticed something.
role + **Without exception, the grooms are nervous, and the brides are calm and
role + **serene...even glowing with joy. And he realized this probably would tell
role + **him something about who really ran the world, if he took the time to
role + **ponder it.
role +
role + After seeing the Joyful part of life, he needed to see the other side. He
role + re-visited all of the happy couples he had seen married, a month of so after
role + their nuptuals, and slew all of the women in their sleep.
role +
role + This was not (in his mind, as he told himself) something he relished. But,
role + He knew he had work to do back in Thera Proper as a Magistrate, and that he
role + could not do it without the understanding that seeing these small tragedies
role + in life play out.
role +
role + He watched the men carefully, but did not learn what he needed.
role +
role + Next, he moved to larger cities, and began to watch crime, and it's victims.
role +
role + It is here that he finally, at long last, began to understand.
role +
role + Anger...this is a natural emotion. It is a necessary emotion. Even the beasts
role + feel it. It springs from being wronged.
role +
role + More importantly, it serves to give strength to those who have been wronged,
role + to give them the strength to seek to right those wrongs.
role +
role + In the most primitive sense, anger is the foundation upon wich the mansions
role + of Justice are built. But it goes further than this.
role +
role + In beasts, anger, revenge, and Justice are all the same. But in the sentient
role + mind. In beings with souls, it goes much deeper.
role +
role + Out of anger comes revenge. This is the basic formula. But in the Sentient,
role + Revenge can transform itself. It can ascend to a higher plane of existance
role + and transfigure into something truly divine. It becomes Justice, if done
role + correctly.
role +

role subject rp reason behind absense part 4.
role +
role + *explaining role contest rewards*
role +
role + In his travels, he had gone far, and now that he was ready to return, he
role + had far to return.
role +
role + He had many trevails on his journey, as if the forces of chaos and injustice
role + wished to prevent it.
role +
role + During these trevails, he noticed two things.
role +
role + With his acceptance of his own inner Anger, the acceptance of which was his
role + most prized gift from his Father, he found new strength.
role +
role + He found that by tapping into his own anger when cursing the souls of the
role + soon to be condemned, he could bring up a well of hurt and anger nearly
role + bordering on rage from the first instant of dejection by the ugly whore
role + named Dimity. He found this anger channel into his curses and fly towards
role + the condemned with a power that astounded and came near to frightening him
role + the first time he experienced it.
role +
role + Also, with his acceptance of this new well of strength within him, he finally
role + had the strength to accept his short stature. Even though remnants of the
role + culture of his youth where shortness was near to a crime still remain, with
role + his acceptance of his own stature, he has found it easier to fight those
role + stupid hulking brutes who take such pride in their own gargantuan size.
role +
role + Such people, he has realized, have such a deeply ingrained sense of how
role + wonderful it is to be large, that they can not conceive of anyone thinking
role + of any real ADVANTAGE of being small.
role +
role + And so, because they can not conceive of any advantage, and believe in their
role + deepest, worm-eaten hearts that no one else can either, that someone who
role + CAN find advantage in short stature can have an enormous advantage in
role + combatting these lugs.
role +
role + And so he returns to Thera, the burning, all-consuming light of the Magma
role + of his rebirth shining through him and newly forging him into a weapon for
role + Justice.
role +

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

HOT TopicCalling all role contest winners! [View all] , Arvam, Fri 11-Jul-03 03:03 AM
Reply Mogrin - favorite role in theory, but never took off., Lightmage, 21-Nov-10 08:03 AM, #24
Reply One question..., TMNS, 21-Jan-11 09:11 AM, #25
Reply My favorite- Crulvane-Scion Chancellor, Lightmage, 21-Nov-10 08:04 AM, #23
Reply Fiene, Rayihn, 18-Nov-10 06:34 AM, #22
Reply Punblinpo (winner 2003ish), Hutto, 25-Feb-10 02:33 PM, #21
Reply Duule (Runner up June 2007), Malcolm, 17-Jul-07 08:29 AM, #20
Reply Meagara (long), Twist, 26-Jan-07 10:43 AM, #16
Reply Gmuer Sabourin(Muouk), Odrirg, 26-Jan-07 09:04 AM #15
Reply Any recent winners want to post theirs here?, Valguarnera, 21-Feb-06 11:25 AM, #11
Reply Here's a lot of the stuff I wrote regarding Flumpel sta..., Lhydia, 22-Feb-06 07:42 AM, #12
Reply Aputo Gemthumb..., Saith, 28-Feb-06 07:39 AM, #13
Reply Rhaguel the Feral Shapechanger, Pariah of Hillcrest- Ju..., Aodh, 28-Feb-06 12:28 PM, #14
Reply Tiatan's Role and Death Echoes, Tiatan, 11-Feb-07 11:32 PM, #17
Reply RE: Any recent winners want to post theirs here?, v_vega, 11-Feb-07 11:32 PM, #18
Reply Caragwyn (winner, 2001ish), Beladorizid, 26-Mar-04 11:45 PM, #10
Reply RE: Caragwyn (winner, 2001ish), Snarf, 15-Feb-07 12:55 PM, #19
Reply what about honorable mentions?, permanewbie, 25-Mar-04 04:24 AM, #8
Reply Sure. (n/t), Valguarnera, 25-Mar-04 04:24 AM, #9
Reply Onilyn (Entropy Bard Mayesha Follower), Lhydia, 16-Jul-03 05:13 PM, #6
Reply Xalthelir (Scion drow A-P), TMD, 15-Jul-03 02:29 AM, #5
Reply I would like a book with this onset. Shame you lost the..., Soren, 24-Aug-03 04:48 PM, #7
Reply Kiaspiflas (Scarab arial assassin, Cyradia's tattoo), TMD, 15-Jul-03 02:29 AM, #4
Reply Iachegao (Battle felar warrior, Jacynth's tattoo), TMD, 15-Jul-03 02:29 AM, #3
Reply Rafkut's role: (Short!), Rafkut, 11-Jul-03 11:59 PM, #2
Reply Here is Iriogam's (Entropy Orc Astein follower), I'll s..., Lhydia, 11-Jul-03 11:49 PM, #1
Top General Discussions History & Lore Topic #29 Previous topic | Next topic