Subject: "In relation to the Short Story submition." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions History & Lore Topic #235
Show all folders

GinGaMon 02-May-05 07:40 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
996 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#235, "In relation to the Short Story submition."

I've been working on this project for some time, ever since summer 2003 if I remember correctly. Having had this small novelisation of Optomkiptum's life sitting on my hard drive, I thought I'd begin posting it in snippits as I make aweful attempts at editting them.

Much of it is good work. After finding out how aweful I can be with spelling, grammer and general story writing it took some time to teach myself to slow down and write one paragraph at a time. Much of my enthusiasm seems to come from some mystical, unknown source. This source, I have decided, hates me. When I want to slow down, I find my head filled with ideas for millions of paragraphs at once. When I come to the end, I find all but a few gone and am myself unable to remember a damned thing about what I'm doing. As a result, there is likely some poor spelling, some odd grammer but overall a damn good story.

I've taken liberties with some details, but mostly I've preserved Carrionfields original and creative background. Thanks to everyone who's helped make it over the years.

Since Svirfnebli history itself is something unset in Carrionfields, some of the short stories provide short insights into what I imagined Optomkiptum's own background to be. I have no intention of imming, as in my opinion I'd make a poor Imm, but I do want to campaign for some colourful additions of svirfnebli culture to the game. Their helpfiles, the player characters and Blingdenstone seem to paint three completely different pictures of Svirfnebli life. Are they mages? Are they pincering warriors? Or just a casual, quiet, underground race of Stone priests? In my view, they can be all three. But mixing these ideas and elements has been tricky.

I devote part 1 to Kelrizza, and her player character The Forsaken. Mainly because I took his original character and butchered it for my own purposes. He he he, sorry. Enjoy.

Yhorian.

PS - I hope the HTML coding worked, getting it 'as is' from Microsoft word to the web page isn't clear, so I translated it using the web-design option. E-mail me at liam.martin@lineone.net if you have ideas or comments related to web-site translation. Thanks.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote
Top General Discussions History & Lore Topic #235 Previous topic | Next topic