Subject: "Roles Revisited: Jegrael the Dai Sensei of the Miyama R..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions History & Lore Topic #116
Show all folders

Grurk MuoukSat 31-Jul-04 08:17 PM
Member since 15th Mar 2004
538 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#116, "Roles Revisited: Jegrael the Dai Sensei of the Miyama R..."

Jegrael the Dai Sensei of the Miyama Ryu

My life has been a trial and error. I practice the art of the guild until the day I felt I could learn no more. That day I felt untouchable, however I knew this was not true. I proceed to remind myself of deaths touch, the touch many had to feel at my ends as I studied the art. I walked up that mountain, not hiding in the shadows, aware they could see me and hear my steps as they moved rocks below me. I walked to the giant; I attempt a strike that would not succeed no matter what I did. And I proceed to let the ones he walked with tear to pieces. That day I remembered Death and it’s cold touch.

Many years have past, I am not as fast as I once was, I know death is counting the short time to my death. Until that day, I will take the gold, I will leave my mark.

I have seen much change in ones I once knew. Invokers turning on me when many times I have spared them time and time again, when a simple strike would have show them. This will not go unanswered death will take a piece of them; from my strike.

There has been much action in the north above Balator, I do not fully understand it, nor do I part take in gossip, things come when they come. But I do hear things from the shadow, an empire is being rebuilt they speak; Bards have also been talking about it. But truths are not truths until something happens to show it. But if this Empire is true, I can see many contracts coming from it.

The day has come, The rumours are true reborn is an empire of the past; The first that I have seen with the oath is my friend, a thief, of great skill Navarro, I am happy for him, and also glad, for I do believe he will hire me as he as in the past. I only regret that I do not always have those dark feelings and could not stand beside my friend in his great uphill battle that will come. All I can do at this time is aid him outside his empire with my skills.

I woke from my rest o find it raining in Galadon, spring showers some say. I ran out into the rain and to the baker, for I had forgotten to buy bread the eve before. I tend to do that more in my old age, forget the simple things that can be put off. As I headed back to my house, I had gotten word from Navaroo, which in itself is not usual, nor the fact he wished to hire me. What surprise me was the offered gold and the name. A hundred gold for Thornarcrull head. This made me pause and think, an empire wishing another to be assassinated; even more so Navaroo said he would be with the healer and would tell me when he sleeps among other things. For a second I thought this might have been a trap, but for a hundred gold it was worth the risk, I do need a retirement fund in my old age. Everything went off without a single mistake; Thronarcrull had been taken out by my dagger. Personally I have never agreed with Thronacrull’s actions nor like the man, But This is business not personal. I can’t help but wonder why Navaroo wanted the healer dead. But with the hundred gold in the bank, It did not bother me much, Maybe one day he will tell me when we are both old and remember our youth.

It would seem Thornarcrull has taken it upon himself to take my good name and throw it in the dirt. This I can’t stand for, He calls me foolish and with no purpose, little does he know of why he fell to an assassin’s strike, Nor will he, for I can not speak of my business with the contracts. I have decided that if he continues to assault my name or my body it’s self, I will go to great lengths to remind him how powerless he is against my art.

Sometime has passed since the assassination of the healer, I have taken on several more contracts, and full filled them. I have begun to find myself accepting and hunting more, on my beliefs, then just gold alone. I believe it is my old age turning it’s head up again.

I have noticed one in the lands with a title, a title of ‘Defiant to Gods’; Eluna an Arial warrior. Though I do not follow a god myself, I do believe they are in the skies above use watching over us, and some even pulling many mortal strings. I also believe that the will of the gods is not something that should be question lightly. I have decided that I will hunt this warrior for the gods, in hope they enjoy seeing my mark by her corpse.

It was a funny day, I was feeling quite the energy for my age. When you should I see walking the streets of Galadon, None other then the Lich himself. Ghuljun The lich lord, a prey that was to tempting to pass up, a miss would mean death could feed on me once again, as I know it seeks to do. However an assassination on the lich is something any assassin would like to say they have done in there life, Perhaps it would please some of those gods that seek him destroyed. Either way I could not pass up the chance. I began to watch him learn him; he joined up with another scion, the healer. I watched them in the graveyard of Galadon, and then lost him for a short time as the scions joined up at the chasm. I waited at the near by city of Hamsah. There he was the three scions moving towards the Village. I knew what they had planed, to raid or get back the sceptre, either way the group would have it’s weakness at times. I watch outside the fighting waiting, When the Lich came back from the fighting and right in the same place as me. I landed the blow, and watch his lifeless corpse drop to the ground.

I can feel my years growing short; I do not have the energy most the young assassins of the guild do these days. I have found myself looking back on my life, not with any regret or disappointment. My life has been what it was meant to be, and nothing more. But I find myself still needing more, I fear my time is to short and is ending before it’s time. I know I am not as nimble and drop my guard in battle when I shouldn’t; however I can still teach many of these young ones the true art and skill of an assassin any day. If only there was away to fight off my old age and continue on longer; to teach the young ones, full fill all my contracts and hold back deaths feeding on me. Something I know death has wanted for a long time now. If there is away I shall full fill it, if there is not, I will welcome my rest and hope the one of the young assassin steps up and takes my place; to learn the art as I did.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote
Top General Discussions History & Lore Topic #116 Previous topic | Next topic