Subject: "RE: Imms?" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #958
Show all folders

Graatch (inactive user)Sun 11-May-03 07:03 PM
Charter member

>>Just out of curiosity, what does no response mean? Does it
>>mean that some of you imms have read it and disagree? Agree
>>but aren't motivated to write? Nobody reads?
>
>It most likely means it has been read and given the amount of
>scrutiny it deserves. I read the forums every single day.
>

You know Zulgh, I think you need to sit back and think about how you react to people. I've noticed a marked increase in the last months in your short fuse. Maybe you are just generally angry at players for whatever reason, but you are very caustic and insulting when neither are called for, and when nobody has done anything to impugn you or your work. In fact you have been universally thanked for your work doing all this bug fixing and coding. I think you are just fed up with whatever the cheating or bad things you perceive among the playerbase and it comes out - consciously or not. Here, your very first response to a purely friendly question is to insult. "the amount of scrutiny it deserves." Come on. Why would you choose to say something like that? It's just petty.

>>I've always wondered why you don't reply to each and every
>>gameplay and ask immortal post.
>
>I always wonder why mortals think they are entitled to
>everything.
>
I can't speak for all people who play characters but as far as I am concerned, I dont think I am entitled to everything. I think I am entitled to whatever the rules say I am entitled to, and in this instance the forum was put up - by you - with the express purpose of discussing game topics with imms. Therefore, imms are supposed to be part of the conversation. You are in fact soliciting people to come ask you questions and bring issues up. A response in that situation seems reasonable, as I said, even if it's a "read and not changing" or something like that. But again, you are being confrontational and angry for no reason, and making what was a simple question into a fight. You shouldn't.

>>At the very least to note it had been read.
>
>Because it is a better use of my time than coding, or fixing
>bugs, or updating areas, or ...
>

If as you say you read the forums every day - and I am sure you do, honestly - then you are already at the post. I imagine it would take about five seconds to post a four or five word reply. And remember, it is not something that is necessary on all forums. Obviously the battlefield or the various other forums do not hold themselves out to be dialogues between players and imms. But the gameplay and ask immortal do. I would think the five seconds it takes to reply to those (and only those that some other imm hasn't already responded to in some way, which is most) is not prohibitive at all, and would not in truth really take you away from coding or fixing bugs or updating areas or...

>>I mean, the stated purpose of the forum
>> gameplay and ask imm) is to discuss and question the game
>>with _imms_.
>
>And lots of posts do get responses. And things that really
>don't strike chords with someone usually get left alone.
>

Yes, exactly. So say so. Perhaps say why. People are taking the time to come and post their ideas and thoughts - ideas and thoughts you have asked for - because they want to make the game better. They don't have to, they could just play. They could just look at the battlefield. But they are trying to be constructive and helpful. A simple acknowledgement that the thought was heard and either accepted or rejected or still being considered seems appropriate.

>>When people post to those forums I think it
>>would be good if one of the imms could simply post "Read and
>>taken under advisement." Or "Not going to happen, sorry." Or
>>"Wow, how could we never have thought of that." or whatever.
>
>
>I'll make sure to set up an autoposter for me that says "Read
>and circular filed"
>

Right. Very open minded and friendly of you. I'm sorry you are so angry that you take every opportunity, or in fact just create an opportunity, to be mean. My post was neither angry nor insulting. I'm hoping yours can be as well.

>>Just something to show the person it's not in a vacuum.
>
>

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

HOT TopicCity Guard Alignment [View all] , Graatch (inactive user), Thu 08-May-03 09:56 AM
Reply Responding to the actual idea., Quislet, 11-May-03 09:27 PM, #16
Reply An argument in favor, Ulthur, 12-May-03 08:28 AM, #18
     Reply RE: An argument in favor, Quislet, 12-May-03 04:20 PM, #19
          Reply RE: An argument in favor, Ulthur, 13-May-03 09:02 AM, #20
               Reply RE: An argument in favor, Quislet, 16-May-03 02:33 PM, #21
Reply Graatch I read your post, and I don't ####ing care (n/t..., Zulghinlour, 11-May-03 05:01 PM, #10
Reply Imms?, (NOT Graatch), 11-May-03 01:52 PM, #5
Reply A reply!, Valguarnera, 11-May-03 02:07 PM, #6
Reply So., Dallevian, 11-May-03 03:26 PM, #7
     Reply RE: So., Valguarnera, 11-May-03 03:47 PM, #8
          Reply Err., Dallevian, 11-May-03 05:55 PM, #12
Reply RE: Imms?, Zulghinlour, 11-May-03 05:00 PM, #9
     Reply RE: Imms?, (NOT Graatch), 11-May-03 07:03 PM #13
          Reply RE: Imms?, Zulghinlour, 11-May-03 07:17 PM, #14
               Reply Graatch, quit wasting valuable time., Quislet, 11-May-03 09:16 PM, #15
               Reply How DARE you.., Nightgaunt_, 12-May-03 01:44 AM, #17
Reply Uhh, weren't you banned?, Rade, 08-May-03 11:59 AM, #3
Reply RE: Uhh, weren't you banned?, (NOT Graatch), 08-May-03 02:37 PM, #4
     Reply I read this post too, and still don't ####ing care (n/t..., Zulghinlour, 11-May-03 05:02 PM, #11
Reply I'll second that, Ulthur, 08-May-03 11:39 AM, #2
Reply I agree, although, incognito, 08-May-03 11:26 AM, #1
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #958 Previous topic | Next topic