Subject: "An idea for tweaking shapeshifters -- feasible?" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #918
Show all folders

DogeThu 01-May-03 10:11 AM
Member since 02nd Apr 2003
117 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#918, "An idea for tweaking shapeshifters -- feasible?"

I wanted to suggest an idea for shifters: Based on my experince with the class it seems that several shifter spells are somewhat limited in utility. Enlarge, reduce, giant str. come to mind. There are isolated instances where a shifter might desire to have these spells up but in my experience these spells were marginalized as they do not carry over in form and can not be cast on others. What I wanted to suggest then is to let these very spells carry over. BUT it's bit more complicated that that. Currently a shifter has 5 controls. I suggest that 5 controls (or spells that can be enlivened) be the limit. If the 3 spells I metioned were also able to be enliven and given controls (just 2 are needed -- 1 for size and strength) then it would work as follows: When a shifter goes into form only a maximum of 5 such enlivens/control could work. Let's say that Shifter X has the tiger form and likes the idea of being enlarged and having giant str. So that means that Shifter X would have to forgo haste and fly (just for sake of discussion). Again, only 5 could work in form. This would require 2 new controls (as mentioned) and 3 spells that could be enlviend. Also, the shifter (if he has more than the maximum spells up when shifting) would need some command to "turn off" the excess (otherwise it'd be random, no shifting possible, or pehaps even something worse). Here I suggest allowing the cancellation spell to be targetable for a shifter for these spells only.

Thoughts?

I could see an enlarged tiger with extra str. being a pain but that comes at a price (no flight?, bash protection?) I think a shifter would get a little more tactical choice here as now the 5 controls are always up for any encounter. Having to choose 5 of 7 and being able to play with the best combos sounds like a good addition to the class.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicAn idea for tweaking shapeshifters -- feasible? [View all] , Doge, Thu 01-May-03 10:11 AM
Reply RE: An idea for tweaking shapeshifters -- feasible?, Zulghinlour, 01-May-03 12:26 PM, #1
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #918 Previous topic | Next topic