Subject: "I read them but i dont need to" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #883
Show all folders

XaannixSun 27-Apr-03 05:45 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
499 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#897, "I read them but i dont need to"

ive played a lot of thieves. I had 2 super decked out ones. Before the warriors got super hp past 40, it was easy killing them. After that, it became a lot harder, since you would take a warrior to gushing and not hit him once after the backstab, and he would proceed to bash/cranial/pincher. You took a felar warrior to gushing but he had 1200 hp to start, so gushing for him was 600 hp. Thats nearly as much as you, as a thief, had.

Dual stabbing an axe spec, you better kill him or be damn close, unless hes got very sucky gear in which case, you can just trip. Ive stabbed cloud warriors before for 600-700 hp and nearly died to them after that.

I do agree with you however, it was brute force...But nowhere near a warrior (with steal ). Just about all classes tooled you if you took them in a straight up fight. SHaman, paladin, warriors, invokers etc. You had to be clever and sneaky as well as an opportunist.

Also if you landed one sick backstab, the person would just flee and quaff, while you wait for the lag to wear off...

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicAcrobatics [View all] , Romanul, Fri 25-Apr-03 12:39 AM
Reply I dont think brute force ever was thief-like. So it is ..., ATK, 25-Apr-03 04:40 AM, #3
Reply No they weren't, Xaannix, 26-Apr-03 02:31 PM, #4
     Reply Have you read the Bhagavan logs?, Young Nastyman, 26-Apr-03 03:13 PM, #5
          Reply Hi, Romanul, 27-Apr-03 12:30 AM, #6
          Reply Well, of course., Valguarnera, 27-Apr-03 01:45 AM, #7
          Reply I read them but i dont need to, Xaannix, 27-Apr-03 05:45 AM #8
Reply Why would you ever want this off? (n/t), Zulghinlour, 25-Apr-03 02:19 AM, #1
     Reply Heh, I knew you'd ask, and know you wont like my answer..., Romanul, 25-Apr-03 03:17 AM, #2
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #883 Previous topic | Next topic