Subject: "RE: You are misinformed." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #8557
Show all folders

Vershelt (inactive user)Thu 12-May-05 10:05 AM
Charter member

>Man do you ever admit that you are wrong or what?

When it happens, of course.
>

>Listen how many communers/mages have the ability to lag you
>out as warrior. You can lag them out.. they get some perks
>like having spells that never fail when perfected. Its just
>one of those finer game balance issues. In a fight even if
>every single warrior skill doesnt work you are still beating
>the holy hell out of the spellcaster/communer. A
>communer/spellcaster doesnt have that luxury. The immortal
>staff has spent years tinkering and adjusting game balance
>issues and a change like this would just throw everything out
>of whack. Maybe this would be fair if they took away lost
>concentration completely and immortals just implemeneted a
>small chance at the spell not working every now and then.
>Try and not figure out ways to make your already succesfull
>char be more badass, specially when he is dead and gone.
>

When's the last time you played a hero fighting class? Tell me how you lagged out your hero level communer/mages. I'm very interested to know. You can lag some of them, some of the time. Every mage and communer class (except paladin) has the ability to prevent bashing entirely. They can all fly either as a class ability, racial ability, or with potions. So bash and trip are out. Fine. That leaves spec skills. Name for me a spec skill that lags out the enemy. Alone. Can't toss in cheap shot there (even if they weren't flying, which they are). I'm waiting. Still waiting. The point is no warrior is going to be lagging out anyone. The mage/communer will pretty much always have plenty of rounds to do things.

And what are you talking about with this whole beating the hell out of them crap? Did you not see the fights Pelgor put up on dios? Or others? At hero range, most fights are against people with significant damage reduction. Hell, communers have sanc just to begin with, and most mages that fight have two out of three when it comes to a/b/s, if not all three. If not also invoker shields. If not also stone skin. If not also protection.

You really need to try the other side and see the joke you refer to as "beating the hell out of" the mage or communer while all your skills fail. While all my skills are failing they are doing everything without needing to worry that their commune or spell fails.

>
>Anyway you still rock in my book. But we can't be right
>everytime, just learn to live with it dude.
>
>Much love
>kads
>

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Topic100% for mages should be the same as they are for non-m... [View all] , Vershelt (inactive user), Wed 11-May-05 01:45 PM
Reply Not a brilliant idea, Dwoggurd, 12-May-05 10:36 AM, #18
Reply After reading all these posts, here is my view., Thief, 12-May-05 07:47 AM, #15
Reply I disagree., Moridin, 11-May-05 03:49 PM, #7
Reply So sleep never fails? Odd., incognito, 11-May-05 02:14 PM, #3
Reply RE: 100% for mages should be the same as they are for n..., nepenthe, 11-May-05 02:13 PM, #2
Reply RE: 100% for mages should be the same as they are for n..., Vershelt (Anonymous), 11-May-05 02:51 PM, #4
     Reply I just recently started experimenting with saves, jasmin, 11-May-05 03:19 PM, #5
     Reply Several things., Vershelt (Anonymous), 11-May-05 03:38 PM, #6
          Reply I only have one comment to this., Straklaw, 11-May-05 11:03 PM, #10
               Reply RE: I only have one comment to this., Vershelt (Anonymous), 11-May-05 11:33 PM, #11
     Reply There are skills that never fail, incognito, 11-May-05 06:11 PM, #8
          Reply You are misinformed., Vershelt (Anonymous), 11-May-05 10:05 PM, #9
               Reply RE: You are misinformed., Isengrim, 11-May-05 11:37 PM, #12
               Reply RE: You are misinformed., Vershelt (Anonymous), 12-May-05 10:05 AM #17
                    Reply Lagging hero level communers/spellcasters., Thief, 12-May-05 01:09 PM, #20
               Reply It's all first hand, so I don't think I am, incognito, 12-May-05 04:25 AM, #13
                    Reply and assuming you have decent wilderness time, incognito, 12-May-05 04:42 AM, #14
                    Reply RE: It's all first hand, so I don't think I am, Vershelt (Anonymous), 12-May-05 09:58 AM, #16
                         Reply sneak and hide, incognito, 12-May-05 11:41 AM, #19
Reply Why don't we save the coders a lot of trouble and just ..., Isengrim, 11-May-05 02:06 PM, #1
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #8557 Previous topic | Next topic