Subject: "Druid/Ranger Idea - Nature's Secrets" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #829
Show all folders

Young NastymanSat 19-Apr-03 04:07 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
22 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#829, "Druid/Ranger Idea - Nature's Secrets"

What can I say, I play a class and suddenly I'm full of ideas for it.

Nature's Secrets would grant the druid/ranger to see the secret effects of the various foods that do things to your affects list. Now, earlier I suggested that the imms code a special shopkeeper that would have the ability to do this for a fee and Valg said it was impossible because of how these things are coded.

With that in mind, my idea would involve special descriptions that only druids and rangers could read.

As an example:

When a warrior looks at a mushroom he may see...

This round, white mushroom looks perfectly edible. Its stem is thin and smooth to the touch while the cap is filled with indentations and slits.

When a druid or ranger looks at the mushroom he would see...

This round, white mushroom, often called the false morel has a white
cap that is brain-like in appearance. Druidic lore states that they may cause severe vomiting, headaches, and can occasionally be fatal.

In the coding sense the mushrooms would cause an emetic-poison affect, a spores affect, and a low-ranked (easily savable) PWK.

Of course, this idea would involve going back through all of these foods and adding this special description, but hey...you removed the magic flags on thousands of items right?

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicDruid/Ranger Idea - Nature's Secrets [View all] , Young Nastyman, Sat 19-Apr-03 04:07 PM
Reply RE: Druid/Ranger Idea - Nature's Secrets, Boldereth, 20-Apr-03 06:53 PM, #1
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #829 Previous topic | Next topic