Subject: "[Opinion/Suggestion] Ap's and Demonic Bargaining." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #818
Show all folders

Evil Genius (inactive user)Fri 18-Apr-03 07:48 AM
Charter member
#818, "[Opinion/Suggestion] Ap's and Demonic Bargaining."

Just thought i'd scribble some of my thinking on the topic of ap's.
Prompted by the new skills and someone elses suggestion on power word pain.

AP's should carry on down the route of demonic bargainings, a la 'Iron Grip' and 'Aura of Despair'. Sadly I feel that the new skills that went in for AP's don't fit the class and were only created to attempt to make the class more attractive to other races.
Likewise i'm not keen on the suggestions a la Power Word 'Pain' and 'Despondance'. It doesn't seem like a true route for AP's, i realise they once had charm but that's irrelevant now. >

The demonic bargaining with demons can provide a number of different abilities/powers, and an optional part of this being 'requirements' upon the player. If you wish to use all the mega-powerful demonic granted powers then you're also going to have to do a lot of things to keep your demonic sponsors happy.
ie. you wish to assume the Demonic hide of Arak'kak'aka then you are required to spill the blood of another player within the next 12 ticks 'else the demon withdraws the power from you for a time or smacks you with the bitch stick.

The powers themselves would depend on the nature of the demon. Perhaps if you bargain with one demon you cannot bargain with another and some powers are ethos dependant.

Anyway, i'm thinking the powers revolve more around the character than external targets. ie
acid blood (If you bleed whilst in combat with others it harms them)
frenzy
demonic hide (resistance of some sort)
demonic visage (causes fear/-morale)
Gaze of Urman'kur (reduces enemy saves)
Arn-kur-kara's Will (resist the desires of others, sleep/mind control)
Ts'tsa'zn's Vision (see the future, bonus to saves if you have the intelligence to interpret the future events)

Ok there are some powers that break that trend
Stream of corruption - acidic damage attack that lowers chr
Ok the whip thing that does wierd things can stay
Bar'hu'zal's Torturer

Please forgive the crap names and stupid powers, was done on the spur of the moment.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #818 Previous topic | Next topic