Subject: "From the bug board: Hand to hand stuff" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #793
Show all folders

ZulghinlourTue 15-Apr-03 12:05 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
9792 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#793, "From the bug board: Hand to hand stuff"

These really aren't bugs I think, but just general feedback to see if these are working as intended.

Then use the appropriate forum.

Vital strike - no problems here, I like the new change.

Yup

Pummel - now always has 3 rounds of lag, the damage is about half a normal strike (I think, it's sometimes not even doing cap damage) and is common for me to land the 4+ with the daze emote. The thing is, the daze doesn't seem to do anything.

And the total damage has a chance to do less than the previous pummel, but it also has a chance to do more. Along with that, the average total damage is a little higher than before. The dazed does something, but it's not huge. and that is intended.

Crushing blow - now this has been completely changed and I can hardly ever knock down anyone anymore. Crushing blow was my solid weapon and now I can hardly knock down anything. Also the damage is now extremely variable. Where it used to be a mangle+, it's as low as a eviserate!

I screwed up the formula a bit, and just tweaked it. It should be a bit more like it used to be next crash/reboot.

Now don't get me wrong, I love the new changes. And I can see how now pummel and crushing blow clearly have advantages to each other compared to just one lagging and one not. Just wondering if this is what ya intended with pummel (the no visible lag), and crushing blow having a huge damage variance (Eviserate to DEVAS...never get OBLITs anymore) and never knocking someone down.

You're wrong about pummel, and crushing blow you'll have to wait for the next crash/reboot to recheck.

So long, and thanks for all the fish!

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #793 Previous topic | Next topic