Subject: "Fair Points. And thanks for responding." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #74581
Show all folders

k-bMon 20-Sep-21 06:15 PM
Member since 19th Mar 2010
344 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#74589, "Fair Points. And thanks for responding."

Your first sentence is a little frustrating coming from an IMM. "Forcing" someone to RP is a very interesting way to look at a RP conversation. I have a lot of fun RP'ing, so I guess I just don't see it as a bad thing.

Your second sentence makes a good bit of sense and is a solid point. Losing 200 hours of a char isn't very pleasant.

Your third sentence leaves me with a question. What do you consider "comparable" power. A crimson scourge that lasts for like 12 hours and takes like 15 heals to cure or more. The throwing body parts that can hit for ANNIHILATES or harder and bypasses spellbane. 5 zombies, a ghoul that does that ghoulish touch thing a surprising amount of the time, that can reduce even decent tanks to rubble in a few rounds (not including paladins and high dex chars). Around 1300-1500 hps. Power word kill. Sleep. And more that I can't really think of. The only thing of comparable strength, in my humble opinion, are certain paladin builds. A very well prepped invoker who knows EXACTLY what to do, and doesn't get slept. And maybe a few VERY specific warrior builds, that you're still going to need to survive some strong spells with. And I'm sure I'm missing something that you or someone else will be more than happy to point out. I didn't include the obvious Lich or super charged A-P because those are very rare. Your definition of "comparable power" is different than mine. But we're all entitles to our opinion, and I don't agree with it, but whatever.

Your fourth sentence or point about a quest within a quest was a suggestion. I don't have all the answers, and I'm ok with that. I also suggested a few RP sessions or maybe just snooping to see what they're RP is all about. I know IMM time is valuable, but a few snoops to check RP or a couple of RP conversations can't be all that time-consuming. Your point about removing the failure chance if you made a couple of changes seems a bit much. Maybe making the chances better, but removing it (again in my humble opinion) would take out the dangerous dark magic aspect of it. But you're the IMM and you can do whatever you want.

To conclude. I know the idea of any change is usually met with contempt and ire. But I'm just sharing a few opinions and thoughts on improving the game. I'm not interested in being "right" or winning an argument.

As I've grown and improved at this game. I've come to appreciate the RP aspect a lot more. And the mummy quest seems too by the numbers or mathematical for such great and dark power. I like the idea of adding RP to the equation. It's your sandbox. Do what you want.

If any of this came off aggressive or mean, I did not intend it that way.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicI think the process for Mummy becoming should be looked... [View all] , k-b, Mon 20-Sep-21 11:02 AM
Reply It's not as easy as it looks., Aztezul, 20-Sep-21 01:46 PM, #1
     Reply You make some good points., k-b, 20-Sep-21 02:21 PM, #2
          Reply RE: You make some good points., Aztezul, 20-Sep-21 03:07 PM, #3
               Reply Interesting suggestion, k-b, 20-Sep-21 04:04 PM, #4
                    Reply RE: Interesting suggestion, Aztezul, 20-Sep-21 05:09 PM, #5
                    Reply Lets dive down this rabbit hole a second, Destuvius, 20-Sep-21 05:10 PM, #6
                         Reply RE: Lets dive down this rabbit hole a second, Aztezul, 20-Sep-21 05:18 PM, #7
                         Reply Fair Points. And thanks for responding., k-b, 20-Sep-21 06:15 PM #8
                              Reply Re: Comparable Power, Destuvius, 21-Sep-21 09:48 AM, #9
                                   Reply Ahh. Pure killing power. Got it., k-b, 21-Sep-21 10:16 AM, #10
                                        Reply Only one mummy ever age-died, though., Murphy, 21-Sep-21 07:56 PM, #11
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #74581 Previous topic | Next topic