Subject: "Well then what is your solution? Do you understand the ..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #74504
Show all folders

Dref (Anonymous)Sun 18-Apr-21 03:35 AM
Charter member
#74517, "Well then what is your solution? Do you understand the ..."

What is the solution then?

Is the solution to just wait...wait and wait more, how many hours are acceptable? Go play a different character or game? Do you game the system? It feels that way and shouldn't. For me it is to delete the character, reroll. Chose new imm and hope we can connect. IF NOT, rinse and repeat process. To recap my issue or what I find odd/challenging is being able to actually connect with that imm. Its not a fault of either party, we just play at different times.

"Religions are a nuanced thing. Your character should be learning and developing that relationship from the jump. Having a fill-in Imm empower means you don't get that actual intro, that real discussion and development."

You are right here, but... The fill in imms should be able to understand and fulfill the idea of that religion they fill in for. Its not that complicated and the basics empowerment and first path/virtue shouldn't be. Progressing to a second or third path/virtue and tattoo could be though.

Think about for an example Christianity. There are multiple pastors/preachers churches teaching from the book of Christ. Catholicism Or Islam etc..insert real world religion "here" The followers don't go to 1 single place or are taught by 1 specific person. That business model would not work because they cant service their patrons 24 7 due to having to sleep, eat and poop periodically so others have to stand in (if you didn't know religions are a business).

So here is a spin on the idea. That idea being that the player doesn't have to hunt down "1" specific person. Instead they can have initial contact with a group of imms who represent a larger broad area of spheres with common goals.

1A: As an example: Put Panmorne and Nalasul into a group of spheres related to war/combat. Merge their current ones etc.. Put Azorinne and Einoh into a group related or aligned with "goodiiness" etc etc.. EVIl imms with evil imms... If it could be groups of 3 imms it would be more ideal...

1B: Player prays for the 2-3 imms at same time. Whoever is there or not busy responds and starts process. Gives empowerment and virtue/path

2: Getting second virtue/path would involve speaking with the other imm(s), Then the third imm. Or some random quest contrived by the two imms.

I personally don't see how you the imms even sustain the energy with this crazy 1 on 1 system. It ahs to be ####ed up draining...

"It seems to me like you're looking at religions and empowerment as a purely mechanical thing, but that isn't what it's about. Empowerment characters, by design, are roleplay intensive. You need to be part of a religion."

You are wrong or miss understanding what what I am stating...

I couldn't get that whole chain of what you just said (all 3 sentences/bullet points from your post) started. The comments and things I bring up are my experience. My comments are all about allowing people to more easily connect with "SOMEONE" to get those things started in game. After 50 hours of trying, 5 notes I couldn't even connect with the imm I chose. THAT challenge makes it impossible for what you wrote impossible to take place.

FYI I think what you wrote about the current gameplay behind religion is correct. It's just a bitch to get it going... trying to repeat myself as much as possible.

TBH though there is also a part of me that wish it was just gone and I could chose things at will as a warrior does...

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Topic100 hours no empowerment... [View all] , Dref (Anonymous), Fri 16-Apr-21 07:42 AM
Reply I feel your pain., The Heretic, 22-Apr-21 11:36 AM, #17
Reply The best fix, enyuu, 19-Apr-21 11:39 PM, #15
Reply Just to chime in..., NoobAgain, 17-Apr-21 07:46 PM, #11
Reply RE: 100 hours no empowerment..., Whiysdan, 16-Apr-21 09:04 PM, #7
Reply No, do share..., Dref (Anonymous), 16-Apr-21 11:03 PM, #8
     Reply I don't know if you realize how you're coming across., Java, 17-Apr-21 05:47 AM, #9
     Reply Did you delete?, Lhydia, 18-Apr-21 07:44 AM, #14
Reply My thoughts/advice, Habbs, 16-Apr-21 05:00 PM, #6
Reply Advice:, Ishuli, 16-Apr-21 06:45 AM, #3
     Reply RE: Advice:, Dref (Anonymous), 16-Apr-21 07:05 AM, #1
     Reply RE: Advice:, Ishuli, 16-Apr-21 07:43 AM, #2
          Reply RE: Advice:, Dref (Anonymous), 16-Apr-21 08:13 AM, #4
     Reply My suggestion, Dref (Anonymous), 16-Apr-21 08:33 AM, #5
          Reply I personally don't like that.., Java, 17-Apr-21 06:01 AM, #10
               Reply Well then what is your solution? Do you understand the ..., Dref (Anonymous), 18-Apr-21 03:35 AM #12
                    Reply I don't think it's a problem, honestly., Java, 18-Apr-21 04:46 AM, #13
                         Reply RE: I don't think it's a problem, honestly., Dref (Anonymous), 20-Apr-21 10:15 PM, #16
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #74504 Previous topic | Next topic