Subject: "Good post." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #7447
Show all folders

MandenMon 21-Feb-05 09:59 PM
Member since 30th Jul 2004
136 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#7449, "Good post."

I have been around for some time and in various capacities and you are correct in many respects in your post. While I no longer know anyone that plays or communicate with anyone other than on these forums I can easily tell when someone is experienced or not. For example, when interviewing, it is fairly unlikely that an experienced player would make any mistake concerning laws, or rager parity, or not understand how the Empire works. And as a leader, you want your cabal to succeed and it is only too easy to give priority service to those that you know are going to be able to make your cabal look better while you lead it.

I don't know that I'll have anything helpful to suggest here, but I'll try. First, I think it would be helpful for the Imms to remind leaders from time to time about the necessity of giving people that are likely to make mistakes a try or three at the cabal. I know it has happened to me, and I think a little reminder would have been all it took.

For you: Try making your character have another goal that you can work on as well as joining the cabal. For example: If you want to be an Imperial you could have a second goal of wanting see an Imperial Fort established on the New Continent. You can spend time discussing it with groupmates (in an appropriately evil manner) and trying to get others involved in your project. This will give you something to do that may not be very tangible, but could be entertaining, and you may find that there will be many 'elite' players that will get interested in it as well.

Try to focus on making your ranking, pking, exploration all one event. Don't get into the mode of 'ok, we're ranking now, so I'll just spam feint on these mobs'. You may find that elite players get annoyed at this because they feel it slows them down. If they show petulance it's their problem. Ask people about things in their descriptions. It messes with elites, because they write theirs before they roll and then forget specifics in most cases and think you are referring to a piece of armor they have equipped (in a slot).

I hope other people will have better things to add, and I hope you continue to play and figure out a way to make it fun even with the cliques.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicA little disappointed [View all] , mharrison, Mon 21-Feb-05 04:37 PM
Reply RE: A little disappointed, Qaledus, 22-Feb-05 05:00 PM, #4
Reply Most leaders..., Eskelian, 22-Feb-05 02:24 AM, #3
Reply RE: A little disappointed, Blobqirt, 21-Feb-05 11:23 PM, #2
Reply Good post., Manden, 21-Feb-05 09:59 PM #1
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #7447 Previous topic | Next topic