Subject: "RE: The count command, and counting players you cannot see. Discuss." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #74444
Show all folders

lasentiaMon 08-Feb-21 02:50 PM
Member since 27th Apr 2010
987 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#74452, "RE: The count command, and counting players you cannot see. Discuss."

Unless CF player behavior has changed dramatically, I think it is odd you think removal of count would somehow make people less cautious. The less information you have as a player, the more cautious you have to be, because not doing so would just be stupid given the cost of dying can be so high.

You are also focusing solely on the enjoyment of people who play stealth classes. As if dealing with stealth classes is so very fun for people who can't see them, or that they like being assassinated, jumped and robbed or attacked while ranking, or being perma lagged to death by bearcharge.

Even if I know there are people around, I still can't see them. That's still a huge advantage to a stealth char. Knowing how many I have to be concerned with is not a bad thing from either player's perspective.

CF thrives and is at its best when there is open conflict. Stealth is a major impediment to that, and always has been. Encouraging it should not be the goal. Who enjoys playing the lone imperial sitting in the palace while the codex is at the tree? He has to assume the outlanders are camping it, or as soon as he logs in that they will go there to wait for him. End result, he sits in the palace for 20 minutes and the outlanders sit at the tree for 20 minutes. Lots of fun. But if that imperial knew there are 20 people on, and he can see 19 of them, maybe he does go, cause those odds are viable.

If I have know way to know at all what danger I'm walking into, why am I going to walk into danger at all?

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicThe count command, and counting players you cannot see.... [View all] , Gaplemo, Fri 05-Feb-21 09:51 PM
Reply More assassins to the Fields of Assassins!, Assassin (Anonymous), 10-Feb-21 07:03 PM, #10
Reply The count command can easily be IC if you want it to be..., rex spangler, 10-Feb-21 04:37 PM, #9
Reply RE: The count command, and counting players you cannot ..., lasentia, 08-Feb-21 02:50 PM #8
Reply Cheesy Feature, Amora, 08-Feb-21 09:45 AM, #5
Reply RE: Cheesy Feature, Jhyrbian, 08-Feb-21 10:06 AM, #6
Reply RE: Cheesy Feature, lasentia, 08-Feb-21 10:47 AM, #7
Reply RE: The count command, and counting players you cannot ..., Jhyrbian, 08-Feb-21 08:57 AM, #3
Reply Count command rebuttle, Blkdrgn, 06-Feb-21 07:44 AM, #1
     Reply RE: Count command rebuttle, Duergar (Anonymous), 06-Feb-21 08:25 AM, #2
     Reply I liked the count command, lasentia, 08-Feb-21 09:18 AM, #4
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #74444 Previous topic | Next topic