Subject: "RE: Alts and hours" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #74188
Show all folders

IshuliWed 20-May-20 08:35 AM
Member since 13th Feb 2017
2145 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#74193, "RE: Alts and hours"

Real life happens, and IRL>CF (don’t tell anyone I said this).

I don’t particularly care how many alts you have, as long as the character has good times/input/whatever.

The unfun answer to most of your questions: It depends. But I’ll hit a few things below.

If you’re in a cabal and not logging in for 15+ days, you may get uninducted. If you’re not caballed, nobody particularly cares. If you’re regularly on, even for a small time, this isn’t an issue outside of one cabal and leadership positions.

I can mainly speak for Tribunal. If you want to be Provost, you should have *decent* hours. I don’t expect anyone on 24/7, but you should be around enough to handle administrative issues and induction stuff. Which I guess actually best describes my position on most of this: if you’re managing what needs to be done, I’m not offended if you have an alt or if you aren’t putting in 100 hours a month. BUT be aware that if someone is competing for an exclusive position with you, leadership in particular, that’ll put you at a disadvantage.

Minimum login time only comes up in two situations. 1) You’re logging in just to see if you like your range and instantly log out. 2) You’re logging in to check WHO for your alt, which you then switch to. If you aren’t doing either of those – I don’t care if you’re logged in only for 3 minutes. Again, real life happens. You can see details on this in HELP MULTICHAR

Empowered characters... Depends on your Immortal I guess. For me – you not being around doesn’t push you backwards, but it also doesn’t give you any progress – you’re just in stasis until we have time to continue. So you could reach tattoo and the like as far as I’m concerned, it just may take longer in IRL days since you aren’t logging in as much.

A brief reminder for anyone who does have alts:
1)Your alts shouldn’t know about each other in general.
2)Don’t use an alt (even a level 1) to check WHO for you.
3)Don’t pass gear between your alts. If it’s EQ your alt had, play it safe and just avoid it like the plague.
4)You can’t have two chars in the same cabal. I will kick one of them out, and I don’t care what cabal it is.
5)You can’t have two leader characters. There is a warning in HELP LEADER about this.

I hope that answers some of your questions, and I hope other imms chime in as well just so you can figure out what you’re up against.

GL!

-Ish

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicAlts and hours [View all] , rex spangler, Tue 19-May-20 09:10 PM
Reply RE: Alts and hours, rex spangler, 21-May-20 05:49 PM, #9
Reply RE: Alts and hours, Nalasul, 20-May-20 11:32 AM, #8
Reply RE: Alts and hours, Ishuli, 20-May-20 08:35 AM #4
Reply what about, Dallevian, 20-May-20 10:04 AM, #5
     Reply RE: what about, Ishuli, 20-May-20 10:42 AM, #6
          Reply nah i don't, Dallevian, 20-May-20 11:15 AM, #7
Reply RE: Alts and hours, Padwei, 20-May-20 07:11 AM, #3
Reply RE: Alts and hours, Jormyr, 19-May-20 10:45 PM, #2