Subject: "I would second most of this plus an addition..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #74182
Show all folders

SPNMon 18-May-20 09:55 PM
Member since 24th Oct 2004
352 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#74185, "I would second most of this plus an addition..."

Hit roll is useful below 17, for the same reason - armor class is.

If you know how to stack - ac as a mage you should also learn how to counteract that. There have been times I'd come at a mage as melee in the teens to be met my misses on many of my attacks. That meant I was not rocking enough dam roll.

Awhile back I got into a back and forth with Daurwyn and I do think you can stack enough hit roll to get past any amount of lowbie -ac (silver rapier, two silvery rings, and a high lvl bless is like +20 hit roll), but it may be to the detriment of doing significant damage with those hits, saves, or hp.

But once you start into the upper teens both hit roll and -ac lose their effect. I believe this is because of how the underlying DIKU mechanics are based on DnD 2nd edition armor class and THACO. THACO included your level into whether or not you hit.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicHit Roll [View all] , First warrior in forever, usually plays casters (Anonymous), Mon 18-May-20 11:15 AM
Reply RE: Hit Roll, Jormyr, 18-May-20 04:21 PM, #2
Reply I would second most of this plus an addition..., SPN, 18-May-20 09:55 PM #3
Reply RE: Hit Roll, rex spangler, 18-May-20 03:35 PM, #1
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #74182 Previous topic | Next topic