Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #74093
Show all folders

incognitoWed 01-Apr-20 04:30 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#74094, "I know that feeling"

My main client insures against, amongst other things, pandemics. So not only is it fairly critical to the client and its own clients from a financial perspective, it's getting a lot of new approaches for both cover and for insight (since we have a lot of expertise and access to data).

And bau doesn't really stop in insurance since most of its clients are quite capable of working remotely, as are we. (Although my internet connection struggles a bit at time when both my wife and I separately present to our respective clients.). In theory I only work 4 days a week on this client but in practice it's still over 48 hours a week.

And then there's the little one who needs care and is also the reason our household is on the shielding list, confined for 12 weeks.

But at the end of the day, it's lucky we have a job that isn't obviously going to disappear in this environment, so less cf, while disappointing, is not so bad in the big scheme of things.

I'm actually planning to volunteer (wife permitting) to help the UK government with analysis as they've put out an appeal for actuaries (unpaid), so that'll make it even busier for a bit. But I figure it's worth the effort under the circumstances.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicCOVID makes life annoying - Ergush activity is low for ... [View all] , Ergush, Mon 30-Mar-20 09:44 AM
Reply Stay safe. , Aithiar, 02-Apr-20 02:33 AM, #2
Reply I know that feeling, incognito, 01-Apr-20 04:30 PM #1
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #74093 Previous topic | Next topic