Subject: "RE: Titles." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #74049
Show all folders

JormyrMon 09-Mar-20 10:59 PM
Member since 31st Dec 2014
417 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#74051, "RE: Titles."

I, personally, am a huge fan of titles and special long descriptions. Having CF'd for over.....(oh, god...) 25 years, I agree about the awesomeness seeing these things on characters. They are among my favorite rewards to hand out.

However, I also don't want to hand them out so much that they lose the "Wow!" factor. If everyone has one, it loses the specialness and uniqueness. With that in mind, I do tend to feel like the "add-on" titles are a nice lesser reward for them. I like adding little bits to the end, particularly setting them temporarily. It adds some uniqueness, but still leaves the full-on renamed title for uber-cool stuff (usually when a character has become truly prominent).

So yeah. I love titles and such. Extitles, to me, are more "pat on the back" rewards or temporary for an interaction. Permenantly replaced titles (to me) are for when a character is famous within the CF world. Unique room description are for uber-badasses.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicTitles. [View all] , Aztezul, Mon 09-Mar-20 06:57 PM
Reply RE: Titles., Jormyr, 09-Mar-20 10:59 PM #2
Reply Thanks for that, by the way., Aithiar, 10-Mar-20 04:34 AM, #3
Reply RE: Titles., Ishuli, 09-Mar-20 08:14 PM, #1
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #74049 Previous topic | Next topic