Subject: "Veil Stuff" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #73981
Show all folders

HomardSat 08-Feb-20 09:08 AM
Member since 10th Apr 2010
959 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#73992, "Veil Stuff"

For Nexus and Battle at least, shifting the veil is a moral obligation, but most of the time most of the characters in the game can effectively ignore it.

One of my throwaway villagers got titled “Veil Tender” and here’s what I’ve figured out. It’s difficult to know for sure, but it seems like the who list is the most important factor in what the veil’s current baseline is. High level Battle makes a big difference as did high level Nexus. High level magi affect it as well, but who knows how? It seemed that a shifter Nightreaver had less effect than a Rhyme who was a warrior. With no nexus it is likely that the veil now tends toward thickness.

I suspect in a vacuum that giving items would last for a decent amount of time, but in reality the constantly changing variety of heroes makes it tough to keep it super thick or super thin for very long. The exception might be a bunch of hero villagers logging on, intentionally thickening the veil, then rampaging. That’s when potions start failing across Thera. It becomes a perceptible advantage at times like this.

At least some Battle powers don’t work as well with a thin veil, so there’s that, too. Plus you can start gathering veil shifting items at around level 25 so there should be no excuse to not do it if you’ve got nothing to do.

Also remember that the quickest way to thin the veil is to kill a bunch of hero villagers. Also, also this thread makes me think about how the one time I held Strange Bracers I beelined to Tahren with them.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicThe Veil [View all] , ChaosChaosChaos! (Anonymous), Thu 06-Feb-20 08:24 AM
Reply Veil Stuff, Homard, 08-Feb-20 09:08 AM #11
Reply RE: The Veil, Kalageadon, 06-Feb-20 04:25 PM, #3
Reply I've also noticed it will reset completely in the same ..., Blkdrgn, 06-Feb-20 07:30 PM, #5
     Reply RE: I've also noticed it will reset completely in the s..., lasentia, 07-Feb-20 07:33 AM, #8
          Reply Hmm, clnt2020, 07-Feb-20 08:27 AM, #9
               Reply It might be a viable tactic.., Java, 07-Feb-20 11:49 AM, #10
               Reply The veil has noticeable impacts on magic, lasentia, 10-Feb-20 07:20 AM, #12
Reply RE: The Veil, Ishuli, 06-Feb-20 08:38 AM, #1
     Reply Thank you!, ChaosChaosChaos! (Anonymous), 06-Feb-20 09:40 AM, #2
     Reply Just out of mere curiosity , TJHuron, 06-Feb-20 07:03 PM, #4
          Reply RE: Just out of mere curiosity , Ishuli, 06-Feb-20 08:03 PM, #6
               Reply Veil edges, clnt2020, 07-Feb-20 12:06 AM, #7
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #73981 Previous topic | Next topic