Subject: "In Defense of Tremblefist" This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #73739
Show all folders

HomardThu 02-Jan-20 02:04 PM
Member since 10th Apr 2010
959 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#73764, "In Defense of Tremblefist"

Right off the bat, Tremblefist cleary sucks to face if you're under level 45 or a Rager without The Head. Absolutely sucks.

But, honestly I've wrung a tremendous amount of fun out of those seemingly hopeless situations and here's why I think there's value in Tremblefist as he stands right now.

First of all, ever retrieve The Orb from the orcs with two maran invokers? It's trivial. Cabal powers do not enter the equation. Ditto any two hero Outties should be able to take down Tremblefist pretty fast. Both of these scenarios include a lone defender, even. Tearing through the Empire inners is even easier with the right couple of dudes and Tremblefist should be at least as hard as getting the Codex.

Anyway, in those situations where you are lower level and maybe there's a defender if you can get your thing back it will require a level of cooperation that, in my opinion, is what makes CF worth playing. If you're a Rager of any level this is doubly true.

Orcs are the rock to Battle's scissors and that's just the way it is. The bravest dudes around are going to regularly get their asses handed to them by certain (most) orc Chieftains and or whatever other hero orc might be around. The bash perma-lag is real and only if you are a berserker and your deathblow goes bananas do you have a chance in hell of beating a motivated orc at hero.

But that's super fun. Figure out how to knock him out. Get the nightreaver to snare him. How far are you willing to push parity against such a foe? Well, if you don't have the head maybe you should just gang the crap out of him.

I dunno, it's the ethical and strategy questions of CF that always did it for me. As for who should the orcs be siding with? Well, any cabal should be able to use orcs as pawns in their own ways, but who should be handing orcs items to down? Well, probably only Entropy or in some cases Battle. If, as a chaotic rager, you find yourself in possession of The Scales what's the problem in giving it to an orc who can defend it better than you? Especially if giving it to the Destructor will start nonsense between your cabal and the spire.

But Empire? No. Never. The Emperor should rightly have a fit if they found out that an Imperial had ever given an item to anyone who's not an Imperial. Though that does happen, too, again, mostly with Battle where some Blade will find himself alone after a mass imperial log off and be like dude this is the third time we've taken the whatever and I have got to rest. Do you want it?

But yeah. Orcs should be scary for some people and cake for others. Just make sure you don't die of plague trying to get away. That's super embarrassing and please remember that warbanner hurts them as much as it hurts you.

Thank you for coming to my TED Talk.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy

HOT Locked TopicTremblefist and Retrieving [View all] , Cointreau, Sat 04-Jan-20 09:28 AM
Reply RE: Tremblefist and Retrieving, ORC (Anonymous), 02-Jan-20 08:37 PM, #22
Reply This raid mechanic is being utterly abused, flaaayin, 04-Jan-20 12:13 AM, #29
     Reply Lets also not forget, flaaayin, 04-Jan-20 12:29 AM, #30
     Reply Plague should not be a problem for an Outlander to deal..., incognito, 04-Jan-20 07:27 AM, #31
Reply In Defense of Tremblefist, Homard, 02-Jan-20 02:04 PM #17
Reply Meh, clnt2020, 02-Jan-20 04:53 AM, #14
Reply RE: Tremblefist and Retrieving, Jormyr, 02-Jan-20 01:20 AM, #13
Reply RE: Tremblefist and Retrieving, Jarmel, 01-Jan-20 04:53 PM, #10
Reply not so constructive rambling within, robdarken_, 01-Jan-20 04:30 PM, #9
Reply I'm not keen, incognito, 01-Jan-20 10:02 AM, #2
Reply I'd bet my bottom dollar, Relio, 01-Jan-20 11:11 AM, #5
     Reply Have you seen him used, incognito, 01-Jan-20 12:51 PM, #7
          Reply RE: Have you seen him used, Java, 01-Jan-20 03:29 PM, #8
               Reply RE: Have you seen him used, incognito, 01-Jan-20 08:38 PM, #11
                    Reply Again..., Relio, 02-Jan-20 12:47 AM, #12
                         Reply I've not seen this, incognito, 02-Jan-20 06:22 AM, #15
                         Reply So, I'm hearing this a lot, robdarken_, 02-Jan-20 12:04 PM, #16
                         Reply It's probably a daily occurrence. nt, Relio, 02-Jan-20 02:15 PM, #18
                              Reply No it isn't., Ishuli, 02-Jan-20 03:36 PM, #19
                                   Reply Okay, but here's the question, Relio, 03-Jan-20 12:02 AM, #25
                                   Reply RE: Okay, but here's the question, incognito, 03-Jan-20 02:20 AM, #26
                                   Reply There is a lot of turning the blind eye here., flaaayin, 04-Jan-20 12:08 AM, #28
                         Reply You don't play Imperials much, do you., Bemused, 02-Jan-20 05:21 PM, #20
                         Reply Awwww..., Relio, 02-Jan-20 11:59 PM, #24
                              Reply It would be., robdarken_, 03-Jan-20 03:34 AM, #27
                         Reply How often 19 Imperials raid is probably never., rex spangler, 02-Jan-20 07:05 PM, #21
                              Reply Obviously there's not even 19 characters on, dude. Srsl..., Relio, 02-Jan-20 11:57 PM, #23
Reply Personally.., Lhydia, 01-Jan-20 10:01 AM, #1
     Reply Mostly agree, incognito, 01-Jan-20 10:07 AM, #3
          Reply Eh., Lhydia, 01-Jan-20 10:51 AM, #4
               Reply Good point, incognito, 01-Jan-20 12:50 PM, #6
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #73739 Previous topic | Next topic