Subject: "How doable it is completely depends on your circumstances" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #73707
Show all folders

incognitoFri 20-Dec-19 09:37 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#73721, "How doable it is completely depends on your circumstances"
Edited on Fri 20-Dec-19 09:42 AM

In my own case, I have to deal with:
- child has cystic fibrosis so I spend a lot of time caring for her where others wouldn't. For example, I need to give her physio multiple times a day (and often night). I need to make sure she eats pretty much non-stop when I'm around (unless she's asleep) because her calorific needs are about double those of a non-CF kid. I have to administer digestive enzymes, special vitamins (because she can't absorb fat soluble vitamins like the rest of us do), concentrated iron solution, and salt. I also need to ferry her back and forth to the team that looks after her at the hospital, for tests, checkups, briefings etc. Sometimes all this this just knackers you out and any free time just gets used for sleep.
- work, which gets super busy at times
- trips abroad without my laptop (since the point is to spend time with family or friends).
- looking after the house and garden, which takes a lot of work in my case since I'm surrounded by forest and it's continually trying to encroach/dump leaves on me. Also supervising building work.

Above all this is the fact that my wife gets really stroppy if I play cf, so I have to find times to do it when she's not aware.

I've been caught by the autodeletion code a couple of times, and by hoarding code more regularly. I'd rather the autodeletion code just kick in sooner to remove leadership (early), then cabal membership (later), and the actual loss of the character takes longer than it currently does.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicAutodeletion timer [View all] , Hard Working Gnome (Anonymous), Fri 20-Dec-19 11:07 AM
Reply RE: Autodeletion timer, Umiron, 18-Dec-19 08:11 AM, #1
     Reply RE: Autodeletion timer, robdarken_, 18-Dec-19 10:32 AM, #2
     Reply RE: Autodeletion timer, Hard Working Gnome (Anonymous), 19-Dec-19 04:30 AM, #3
          Reply No, Ishuli, 19-Dec-19 05:53 PM, #7
               Reply RE: No, Hard Working Gnome (Anonymous), 20-Dec-19 02:52 AM, #4
               Reply It's an option, just hard, incognito, 20-Dec-19 09:41 AM, #6
               Reply RE: It's an option, just hard, Hard Working Gnome (Anonymous), 20-Dec-19 12:39 PM, #8
               Reply Update - Blowtorch works, Hard Working Gnome (Anonymous), 02-Jan-20 12:14 PM, #10
                    Reply Read that it does that, incognito, 03-Jan-20 04:57 AM, #11
                         Reply RE: Read that it does that, Hard Working Gnome (Anonymous), 03-Jan-20 06:17 AM, #12
               Reply It's okay sometimes, rex spangler, 20-Dec-19 05:17 PM, #9
               Reply How doable it is completely depends on your circumstanc..., incognito, 20-Dec-19 09:42 AM #5
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #73707 Previous topic | Next topic