Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #73597
Show all folders

Thaedan (Anonymous)Wed 06-Nov-19 06:19 PM
Charter member
#73609, "RE: A PSA to CF"

So here's my summary of what I'm hearing are your complaints:

1. "Cabal issues"
a. Battle: no mage-drive enemy cabal (Entropy, but mostly empty)
b. Tribunal: not enough law-breaking and criminality to make it fun
c. Scarab: not enough staff oversight, pledges languish
d. Fortress: "dead horse" (???)

2. "I'm personally not getting enough immteraction"

3. "Too many religions (3) are too structured"

4. "Perks are not given out as much as they used to be"

Is that accurate? I'm just one guy, but I'll try to respond to each of these. Hopefully this is helpful.

1a. This is a semi-valid gripe, but Battle is at least at war with Tribunal at the moment. So while Battle's big enemy cabal isn't specifically magic-focused, it does currently have a big enemy.

1b. I suspect there are two reasons for this. First, Tribunal has numbers, which makes it considerably more dangerous to be a criminal. Second, the shift in Fortress direction has made them less likely to get & keep flags. But the same point from 1A applies here: Tribunal is currently at war with Battle. So, if you're a Tribunal looking for targets you should have plenty. Everybody gets Outlander and Entropy, and evil Tribunals can probably go after Fortress as well, subject to any edicts issued by mortal leadership.

1c. This is indeed a bummer, but it's also due to circumstances outside the staff's control.

1d. Not sure what your exact complaint is here, so can't respond.

2. This may be down to there just not being enough staff.

3. It could be that structured religions aren't your cup of tea, and that's fine since there are other religious that don't have as much structure. I'm guessing the rationale for added structure is to take some of the ambiguity out of the process, because it frequently results in people feeling like they didn't get the rewards they "deserved". Might a solution be for you to just avoid the structured religions?

4. This could also be down to a lack of staff, but maybe also some rose-colored glasses on your part. I've had several well-regarded characters over the past 10-15 years and I think I've only ever had a custom room desc once. I've gotten plenty of custom titles, but usually very late in the character's life when he/she had already been in a leader position for quite some time. Ditto tattoos.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

HOT TopicA PSA to CF [View all] , TheBluestThumb, Wed 06-Nov-19 10:35 AM
Reply Pro Tip for Goodies, Korsgaard, 07-Nov-19 04:13 PM, #17
Reply Yes Forties. Absolutely do this. n/t, Lhydia, 07-Nov-19 05:08 PM, #18
Reply Pro-er tip, JohnEveryMan, 08-Nov-19 07:30 AM, #19
     Reply Pro-er-er tip ^2, Korsgaard, 08-Nov-19 09:54 PM, #20
Reply It's easier than that. Just use the 'quit' command., Saagkri, 09-Nov-19 06:21 AM, #21
Reply RE: A PSA to CF, Thaedan (Anonymous), 06-Nov-19 06:19 PM #12
Reply A PSA back., Lhydia, 06-Nov-19 04:09 PM, #9
Reply RE: A PSA to CF, Current char (Anonymous), 06-Nov-19 11:42 AM, #6
Reply Said imm is probably dealing with someone else, incognito, 07-Nov-19 03:16 PM, #16
Reply I hear you, but..., k-b, 06-Nov-19 11:25 AM, #3
Reply Heh, TheBluestThumb, 06-Nov-19 12:05 PM, #7
Reply Yeah, rewards were out of hand, incognito, 07-Nov-19 11:25 AM, #14
Reply I sent a similar note to Imps, Dallevian, 06-Nov-19 11:16 AM, #1
     Reply Without commenting on other things:, Ishuli, 06-Nov-19 11:19 AM, #2
     Reply Good to hear. Thanks. nt, Dallevian, 06-Nov-19 11:25 AM, #4
     Reply It's funny you mention the Barrier spell as a reward., k-b, 06-Nov-19 11:35 AM, #5
     Reply Not me, Dallevian, 06-Nov-19 12:06 PM, #8
     Reply OMG please don't complain about IMM xp. , Lhydia, 06-Nov-19 04:12 PM, #10
     Reply funnny enough, i did get immexp when, Dallevian, 06-Nov-19 04:33 PM, #11
          Reply Which one? n/t, Lhydia, 06-Nov-19 07:38 PM, #13
     Reply Some of your list are the kind of rewards I think were ..., incognito, 07-Nov-19 03:11 PM, #15
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #73597 Previous topic | Next topic