Subject: "Current State of the Game with this new RP path" This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #73586
Show all folders

flaaayinSat 26-Oct-19 10:53 AM
Member since 24th May 2011
55 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#73586, "Current State of the Game with this new RP path"
Edited on Sat 26-Oct-19 10:53 AM

I hardly ever post but I wanted to post this because things are getting a bit out of hand. The current state of the cabals and this new RP line has really turned a lot of people off to the game.

The state of a certain cabal have endless numbers coupled with what seems to be complete immortal backing to do whatever they want, makes being an enemy of this thing quite disheartening. You have very strange RP bedfellows of power houses who in a previous recent times would be disallowed and even RP punished. Add to that a quite broken raid mechanic with orc village being abused completely by multiple cabals. A seemingly strange disregard for ethos and cabal dogma to "get things done" seems to hover over the whole situation.

I still don't understand how an orc who has more warrants to his name than almost anyone is the perfect ally to an orderly mummy is beyond me. While I understand there is most likely stellar RP happening to make that perfectly reasonable, it seems the lines are being crossed to powerhouse things and its state sponsored, and that sponsorship is producing douches.

All of that considered and possibly still acceptable, the sheer douche-osity of those involved is the greater problem. First, go and look at Twitter during this post, which doesn't tell the whole story, but shows basically super ganging of anyone who seems to stay logged in. The full looting and sac'ing that is transpiring is also difficult. I have watched a few and I don't know the story behind it, which I accept but its piss poor to see. Plus many little RP moments that would limit Tribunal being completely ignored. For example:

Summoning and plaguing mobs in Galadon by a Tribunal leader to chase off raiders would have gotten anyone warranted in the past. Or summoning people to the river so they float one space out then get ganged down by 3 people by the Provost. That specifically in the past was a kick out offense. Strange mis-warrants or very gray area warrants that is abused over and over like the "if you stand at the Captain too long you get a warrant" seems gross and very anti-fun.

Then add to that character in the Tribunal cabal itself who is ultra aggressive and abuses cabal mechanics. I did the same thing 6 or 7 years ago with an character in Tribunal, basically insta-killing anyone who left any gate, and was pulled by immortals that it was not only against roleplay for Tribunal but also warned if I continued it I would be punished. Yet its going on right now, constantly and seems also to be state sponsored.

With all that being said, it is your game again. I don't really post much anymore because I honestly don't think things will change and I deal with the circumstances, but its pushing the underdog players out. I have dealt with many underdog situations, and I know this is part of some kind of grand Emnon character sponsored thing, but its a bit out of hand. But wow, this is turning into a pretty bad thing for anyone not on the "winning" side. I don't know the final goal of all of this, and I'm sure its going to be awesome, but I think the immortals in charge should take a closer look at things.

Maybe reward and promote the underdogs a lot more instead of piling on more power to those already smooshing people. Good luck out there, that is my two cents. Flame away, as is the right of all CF players.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy

Locked TopicCurrent State of the Game with this new RP path [View all] , flaaayin, Sat 26-Oct-19 10:53 AM
Reply A couple of thoughts., CommonSense (Anonymous), 26-Oct-19 11:11 AM, #1
     Reply RE: A couple of thoughts., flaaayin, 26-Oct-19 11:14 AM, #2
          Reply RE: A couple of thoughts., robdarken_, 26-Oct-19 11:23 AM, #3
          Reply Hi Rob., CommonSense (Anonymous), 26-Oct-19 11:21 AM, #5
          Reply A couple more., CommonSense (Anonymous), 26-Oct-19 11:24 AM, #4
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #73586 Previous topic | Next topic