Subject: "RE: Any one else notice..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #73395
Show all folders

lasentiaMon 24-Jun-19 07:45 AM
Member since 27th Apr 2010
987 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#73398, "RE: Any one else notice..."

I always chalked that up to it being a low average weapon, so the bonus was not actually that big. And I always wondered if all vulns are equal, like is elf to iron the same as duerg to whitesteel is the same as arial to water. I figure they can't be just cause halfies I feel like the vulns are not as glaring damage wise. Sometimes it feels like iron on elf is like 1.5X, where as othertimes I also feel like the vulns are negligible. I'm also unclear on if all undead NPCs are vuln silver, or just some, since that one I see the most variation with undeads on.

I'm not sure if the vuln bonus applies at the end of the calc, or the beginning though. Then again, I've never been all that clear on it, but I always thought damage was
(damage dice roll*vuln modifier*enhanced damage modifier) + dam roll bonus.

So dam roll is not increased by enhanced or exploiting vulns, it just adds X damage to the strike on a consistent basis. But a high avg damage weapon will get more of a boost from vulns and enhanced. I recall Daev saying something to the effect of an average 27 weapon is always a better choice than an average 18 weapon with vulns, all other things being equal.

I tested the two handed white steel blade from Voralian, which I think was average 18. I would divine bless it as a pally to make it holy damage, and it hit duergs extremely hard for what was in essence a crappy weapon, but ultimately I did not find the damage differed much from other avg 24 holy weapons.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicAny one else notice... [View all] , Saagkri, Sat 22-Jun-19 04:10 PM
Reply RE: Any one else notice..., lasentia, 24-Jun-19 07:45 AM #2
Reply No idea., Ishuli, 22-Jun-19 05:24 PM, #1
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #73395 Previous topic | Next topic