Subject: "RE: Cmon. Leave the guy alone. It’s the one thing I hate about Trib" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #73288
Show all folders

JormyrSun 02-Jun-19 04:26 PM
Member since 31st Dec 2014
419 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#73316, "RE: Cmon. Leave the guy alone. It’s the one thing I hate about Trib"
Edited on Sun 02-Jun-19 04:36 PM

>There’s never been real oversight by the IMMs.
>
>The whole “we let the morts handle it all” line is ####ing
>old and tired. They don’t give a #### what the mortals do
>and prefer people to push the limits so long as no one just
>types warrant x y b over and over.

I have to admit I'm a bit surprised how much I agree with jalim here. IMMs ensure flags are valid, complaints of heavy-handedness. Let the scenarios run their course in-game, now we don't give a ####. Finding the balance is difficult in all the cabals, and varies based on their idealogy.

>It’s a law cabal with lawless administration.

If you want perfection, likely the only way to even try that is to fully automate it, and even then you're probably looking at overly "letter of the law", and still prone to mistakes (look at Herald bouncers). Ultimately, wanted is truly a cabal power, albeit with perhaps the most broad-ranging consequences. It's an IC response to IC interactions.

In-game, I could honestly see as much argument to Tribunal simply declaring all Outlanders as criminals and dangerous to the population. You've also joined the group that is most specifically least likely to be thought of as unbiased from Tribunal. Also, probably 90% of Outlander roles are the "I'm a rebel, look at my middle finger, Tribs!". The issue is people conflating that rolr and their player perspective of "This is unfair!". The Outlanders who don't get mocked for bringing up unjust flags are ones that stay true to a character who may have been more "See, this is why law is bad! It corrupts and is abused! Freedom!"

OOC-ly, particularly as an Outlander, a wanted flag is minimally disruptive past...25?

>It’s just not often that bad because the players typically
>don’t push the limits.

This more relates to the idea that Tribunal likely tends towards being more "spirit of the law" good, or adherant to the law neutral, rather than like Empire's evil "what can I get away with while following the letter of the law" philosophy.

What I personally find most odd in the scenario is that I find Empire Law to be much more clearcut, and even what wiggle-room that is there is pretty contained. There's a few parts of Tribunal Law that I always felt are a bit too vague, but Tribunal isn't my playground.

The other thing I would personally love to see is some separation between Tribunal Law, Empire Law, and even individual cities. (Really, Voralaian City guard? You're not going to look the other way if someone murderizes the orc who's been killing all the commoners?) But that's just my opinion.

>Sorry Ish but it’s truth.

Always reminds me of the Star Wars quote - "You're going to find many of the truths we cling to depend greatly upon our own point of view." Valguarnera's religion also captured this idea well.

*Edit to add - What I should probably end this with is...what would you (or other players) believe to *be* the perfect solution? Mistakss will happen. Machine, human, fantasy, real life. Look at RL wrongful imprisonments. Sometimes things don't work out your way. Sometimes it's squarely in "gray area". But yes, we do try to be involved in situations of abuse, or even simply "Trib-dude sucks at his job".

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

HOT TopicTribunal Warranting Outlanders without cause [View all] , Warranted Again Randomly (Anonymous), Thu 30-May-19 03:51 PM
Reply This whole thread boils down to..., Saagkri, 10-Jun-19 02:59 AM, #34
Reply RE: This whole thread boils down to..., incognito, 10-Jun-19 11:29 AM, #35
     Reply I know and it's misguided. NT, Saagkri, 10-Jun-19 01:21 PM, #36
Reply RE: Tribunal Warranting Outlanders without cause, Ishuli, 30-May-19 04:20 PM, #1
     Reply The last time I did an IC complaint, Warranted Again Randomly (Anonymous), 30-May-19 05:35 PM, #2
     Reply RE: The last time I did an IC complaint, Ishuli, 30-May-19 06:18 PM, #3
     Reply For what it's worth, I've experienced exactly the same ..., Relio, 30-May-19 08:01 PM, #4
          Reply What’s wrong with raiding with orcs? n/t, Lhydia, 30-May-19 08:05 PM, #5
          Reply RE: For what it's worth, I've experienced exactly the s..., Ishuli, 30-May-19 08:07 PM, #6
               Reply Your experience is different than mine, Warranted Again Randomly (Anonymous), 30-May-19 10:21 PM, #7
                    Reply I had a warrant remove but was immediately warranted, incognito, 31-May-19 05:08 AM, #8
                         Reply That sounds so blatantly wrong., Murphy, 04-Jun-19 08:04 AM, #22
     Reply Dad! I didn't like mom's answer!, Bell, 31-May-19 06:42 PM, #9
          Reply I've seen it occur, had it happen to me (text), IrishMidnight, 31-May-19 09:29 PM, #10
          Reply So just in a short time, 3 players have stated they exp..., Warranted Again Randomly (Anonymous), 01-Jun-19 04:50 PM, #11
               Reply lol, Lhydia, 01-Jun-19 10:37 PM, #12
               Reply Mortals don't have the tools to oversee this., Murphy, 04-Jun-19 08:08 AM, #23
               Reply I'd just ask the potential offender IC. , Lhydia, 05-Jun-19 05:49 AM, #25
                    Reply Sounds like real world., Murphy, 05-Jun-19 06:23 AM, #27
               Reply Got it, Onewingedangel, 04-Jun-19 06:50 PM, #24
               Reply Yes., Lhydia, 05-Jun-19 05:49 AM, #26
               Reply I have a nice example for you, Kstatida, 09-Jun-19 04:45 AM, #29
                    Reply In this example..., Lhydia, 09-Jun-19 08:55 AM, #31
                         Reply R/Murderedbywords NT, jalbrin, 09-Jun-19 02:26 PM, #32
                         Reply Irrelevant, Saagkri, 10-Jun-19 02:49 AM, #33
                              Reply Actually he was a complete newb. , Lhydia, 10-Jun-19 03:51 PM, #37
               Reply Outlander isn't for everyone., Bemused, 02-Jun-19 12:54 AM, #13
                    Reply Cmon. Leave the guy alone. It’s the one thing I ..., TJHuron, 02-Jun-19 02:14 PM, #14
                         Reply RE: Cmon. Leave the guy alone. It’s the one thin..., Jormyr, 02-Jun-19 04:36 PM #15
                              Reply You're right about POV, TJHuron, 02-Jun-19 05:09 PM, #16
                                   Reply RE: You're right about POV, Ishuli, 02-Jun-19 05:16 PM, #17
                                   Reply Disclaimer, TJHuron, 02-Jun-19 05:38 PM, #18
                                   Reply I've played the lowbie unwarranted outlander..., Quixotic, 02-Jun-19 10:54 PM, #19
                                   Reply RE: You're right about POV, robdarken_, 03-Jun-19 06:02 AM, #20
                                        Reply Re shoppies, incognito, 03-Jun-19 03:03 PM, #21
     Reply This is obviously how it should not work, Kstatida, 09-Jun-19 04:36 AM, #28
          Reply This sounds correct, Saagkri, 09-Jun-19 08:20 AM, #30
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #73288 Previous topic | Next topic