Subject: "Most of these things..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #72523
Show all folders

RahsaelFri 01-Mar-19 10:20 AM
Member since 05th May 2017
232 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#72525, "Most of these things..."

...I can't change or fix. Some of these, I am sure you believe strongly, but are quite subjective.

I will tell you that evils outnumber goodies almost 2:1, and that's a consistent trend. So I'm not sure they need any more encouragement. I've played more evils than goodies, and I've never felt like I had a really tough time ranking. Eil Shaeria and Maethien have their own risks, with tough aggressive mobs that can wander and norecall. But those mechanics aside, going good is often a much tougher road to hoe overall than going evil due to roleplay restrictions and other mechanics. I'd be fine even if ranking them was incredibly easy.

Re "hammer dropping," we generally aren't as public about it now as previous generations have been with creative global echoes about blowing people up, etc. But rest assured that hammers are dropped, some IC and some OOC. As someone who regularly snoops and monitors characters in several ways, I don't think this is as bad as you say it is.

Re Scarab, as I said, there is not a single IMM devoted to watching the cabal aside from Scarab right now, but some people are able to induct real standouts. I went through the list of applicants recently, and there are a handful who seem to be the quiet killer types. That's fine, but it's not going to get them inducted in a hurry because that style makes them easy to miss. You kind of need to be a squeaky wheel if you want a Scarabcabal induction. Pray, roleplay often with other characters, etc.

Finally, I'll tell you that these essays don't really help.

There's plenty I'd love to change, and plenty I'd love to do, and plenty I can't. I'm saying this with no bitterness and no condescension: I get that you feel like you're opening our eyes, or pointing out things that none of us "get" or have thought of, etc.

Every single one of us wants to make CF more fun and more interesting. We all have gripes about one thing or another, and each of us could write a 40-page critique of cabals, balance, etc. Changing it, however, is another matter entirely.

I do what I can with interactions, quests, etc. The last few months have been far crazier and less predictable than expected. However, at the end of this month, my work schedule changes so that I should have more time to begin running regular, calendared global quests again. That's what I can do, so I'll be doing it.

If you, or anyone else, wants to have some actual dialog, shoot me or some other IMM an email at (immname)@carrionfields.com. I believe you when you say you're not trying to start a mudslinging contest, but that is always what posts like this do.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

HOT TopicState o' CF. An Open Discussion Request from Shamanman [View all] , TheBluestThumb, Fri 01-Mar-19 05:49 AM
Reply RE: State o' CF. An Open Discussion Request from Shaman..., Color me Curious (Anonymous), 04-Mar-19 05:57 AM, #21
Reply It have been told by me, 10,9,8 etc years ago, Beront (Anonymous), 03-Mar-19 04:31 PM, #14
Reply I could suggest you buy it ..., Jarmel, 03-Mar-19 10:03 PM, #17
Reply RE: State o' CF. An Open Discussion Request from Shaman..., Noirra (Anonymous), 03-Mar-19 01:53 AM, #12
Reply Piece of advice.., Java, 03-Mar-19 04:52 AM, #13
     Reply RE: Piece of advice.., Noirra (Anonymous), 03-Mar-19 05:46 PM, #15
          Reply RE: Piece of advice.., Umiron, 03-Mar-19 05:58 PM, #16
               Reply Nuke her then, Noirra (Anonymous), 03-Mar-19 10:52 PM, #18
                    Reply Farewell, Karchammadel (Anonymous), 04-Mar-19 01:04 AM, #19
                    Reply Grow up, incognito, 04-Mar-19 02:27 AM, #20
                    Reply Yeah. No. (nt), robdarken_, 04-Mar-19 10:15 AM, #23
                    Reply Wow., ice king, 04-Mar-19 03:13 PM, #25
                         Reply Shouldn't matter..., Noirra (Anonymous), 06-Mar-19 05:55 AM, #26
                              Reply Your opinion is perfectly valid.., Java, 06-Mar-19 06:16 AM, #27
                                   Reply RE: Your opinion is perfectly valid.., Noirra (Anonymous), 08-Mar-19 05:37 AM, #28
Reply Rewards and Punishments, Destuvius, 02-Mar-19 05:40 PM, #10
Reply I agree about some of the cabal state stuff, TJHuron, 01-Mar-19 03:25 PM, #7
Reply RE: State o' CF. An Open Discussion Request from Shaman..., Thaedan (Anonymous), 01-Mar-19 02:11 PM, #6
Reply Cabal opinions from tripbait., xyfa, 01-Mar-19 04:05 PM, #8
Reply Most of these things..., Rahsael, 01-Mar-19 10:20 AM #2
Reply not mad bro!, Dallevian, 01-Mar-19 10:59 AM, #3
Reply Pretty much this., Ishuli, 01-Mar-19 11:55 AM, #4
Reply RE: Most of these things..., TheBluestThumb, 01-Mar-19 12:25 PM, #5
Reply Well., Lhydia, 01-Mar-19 07:23 AM, #1
     Reply I don't know if that's true..., Saagkri, 02-Mar-19 03:01 PM, #9
          Reply RE: I don't know if that's true..., Noirra (Anonymous), 03-Mar-19 12:27 AM, #11
               Reply RE: I don't know if that's true..., Saagkri, 04-Mar-19 08:57 AM, #22
               Reply RE: I don't know if that's true..., incognito, 04-Mar-19 02:19 PM, #24
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #72523 Previous topic | Next topic